Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 2 Thread: Lakers @ Boston 6/8 6PM PST Game On ABC HD

So now Laker fans are responsible for your hater-assumptions?

So if you assume by this response right here that I absolutely hate every NBA team except the Lakers, I'm responsible for your assumption?

Never.

Your assumptions are on you to stop, not on me to stop.

If I say 'That was a terrible call', it's not on me to make sure you don't think I mean 'That call cost us the game.'
acidicality:
laugh.gif

I barely even know what you're talking about.

I'm not sure I know, either.
laugh.gif
acidicality:
I watched the full game, and the officiating was bad. BUT....that wasn't the reason the Lakers lost. Plain and simple.
But if we never said that, then we shouldn't be blamed for saying it. That's right; that's what I was saying.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Powe got fouled for every single one of his free throws. Those really inflated our free throw number. They were leaving him open down there and had to foul to prevent the dunks.

The Odom swipe was bogus.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

The points in the paint thing is a little misleading. Lakers had a bunch of open dunks and alleyoops. I do remember Gasol getting fouled on one (the super slo-mo cam) and Kobe getting hit on a lefty layup in the fourth.

Powe got fouled for every single one of his free throws. Those really inflated our free throw number. They were leaving him open down there and had to foul to prevent the dunks.

Ok so you pointed out that 2 calls that the refs missed and Powe getting all the calls. Even if Powe did get fouled on all shots, the refs usuallydon't call every one of them. If the refs did the same for Kobe, Kobe would have shot at least 12 free throws tonight..

refs sucked
lakers sucked more
i can go more in depth on this game but that would just make me much more angry
all i can say is that we better get it going at home or it's done

oh and btw those saying powe deserved every one of his fouls...not to be nitpicking but when ronny blocked his shot clean and then after the block he kind ofbumped him in mid air...i dont know but that is a block imo and that whistle came late as crap also

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

How is Phil Jackson getting out-coached by Doc Rivers? SMH

he's not being out-coached. lakers just don;t have the personnel to play the system right...yet. they are young, they will get it, just not now. seriesis not over yet. i predict a laker win just out of emotion and energy in game 3. a celtic win in game 4 and a desperation laker win in game 5. then the seriescomes back to boston with boston playing with more energy.... it's likely things will play out that way. right now, the way i see it is, lakers in 7 orceltics in 6. i can see lakers winning a game 7 with a Kobe MVP type performance if celtics fail to close out in 6.

Is it not possible that one team simply fouls more than another and another team fouls less? Does this never happen? Do all foul counts in the game always needto be equal? Posting up the foul count discrepinsy means nothing, ya'll are just used to Kobe's superstar calls and when it doesn't happen whiningensues.

9747df4032312fe365b0a0814dd9660e-getty-80398142bc157_g2_finals.jpg

Phil Jackson's got a loooong upper body, looks like one of those puppets with one short guy sitting on the shoulders of a slightly taller guyunderneath.....

Originally Posted by mco85

Originally Posted by jefffort5

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Fro B Giant:
AND FOR ANYONE SAYING THE LAKERS WERE NOT AGGRESSIVE ENOUGH AND THAT IS THE REASON WHY WE DIDN'T GET THE FT ATTEMPTS

LAKERS POINTS IN THE PAINT = 40

CELTICS = 34
That just makes it even more frustrating.

Where you at, SHUGES?

10 FREE THROWS ON 40 POINTS IN THE PAINT... ... ... versus... ... ... 38 FREE THROWS ON 34 POINTS IN THE PAINT.

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

yall know points in the paint includes alley oops...fast breaks points, etc...its not about just going strong to the hole
LA had 10 fast break points, Boston had 14. Boston got way too many calls but the same thing will probably happen for the Lakers in LA.

Oh it better, it better damn sure be similar to the homerism Boston has received in these 1st 2 games; and just watch when the Celtic fans/Laker-Kobe hatersare complaining, I'll just be laughing singing DeAngelo "How Does It Feel"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

smh.gif
at anyone blaming this loss to the ref's. Lakers had a lot of chances to win this game, hell they even scored more inside than the Celtics. Not tomention, they had fewer turnovers.

Lakers just played awful, plain and simple. The Celtics dozed off during the last 6 mins of the game due to the huge lead.

Celtics defense came to play once again, and gave Kobe a lot of looks he didn't want.

Lakers will go home and win 2 game.

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

Is it not possible that one team simply fouls more than another and another team fouls less? Does this never happen? Do all foul counts in the game always need to be equal? Posting up the foul count discrepinsy means nothing, ya'll are just used to Kobe's superstar calls and when it doesn't happen whining ensues.
definetly makes sense to me. a truely better team should be able to be more agressive and get the calls. but the other team should be able to matchthat level and have the same fouls called.

theres never a true balance. it almost refers back to acting.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

It's time for Kobe to fake an injury in LA to inspire the Lakers.

laugh.gif
y'know..... the wya thing's going, i wouldn;t besurpised...... NBA will make it happen so there is "Drama".....

FACTS:

LAKERS SHOT 49.4%

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS THE LAST TEAM THAT SHOT 49.4% IN A FINALS AND STILL LOST???

LOOKING AT THE BOX SCORES I CAN'T SEE ANY OTHER REASON WHY THE LAKERS LOST OTHER THAN POOR OFFICIATING. YOU CAN ADD ME TO THE LIST AS MAYBE THE ONLY GUYHERE THAT THINKS THE LAKERS LOST BECAUSE OF THIS. CHECK THE BOX SCORES, WE MIGHT HAVE HAD THE BEST BOX SCORE, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF FREE THROWS, FOR A LOSINGTEAM IN FINALS HISTORY!

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

SHUGES:
I don't see how dudes were saying that was a phantom foul. Son attacked the rim and got hit by 3 different Lakers. Foul. Easy call.
No way, no how, not even.

He jumped INTO those 3 Lakers.

You're right; that's a foul, easy call... ON PIERCE. The center laker (whoever it was) already established, planted, and the two on the sides collapsed when Pierce committed to the rim, and he just decided 'Hell with that; I'm a bowling ball, and y'all three are some pins."

That's an offensive foul, 50% of the time, every time. For the most part.
ska, I rewinded and there wasn't enough contact on Pierce's part to call that an offensive foul.

He may have initiated the contact, but isn't that what you guys always say? "Star players will get touch calls". I don't know how many timesthis has to be said. Hiss was busy shooting jumpers for most of the night. The analysts pointed out in the Spurs series, he took a total of 10 free throws. Sofar, in this series he has taken a total of 13. You really think if he drove more to the hole that he wouldn't benefit from some calls?

Anyway, here's the proof to slightly silence the conspiracy theorists.

capt.0288ffb0719547d990b1a061950dd93f.nba_finals_basketball_bxg132.jpg

--Series is over. I don't see L.A. sweeping the games at Staples. (as much as I want them to)
--Boston is clearly the better team this year on both ends of the floor.

--Hand PP, KG and Ray the O'brien now. That's what they were orignally put together to do anyway.

Clearly, Kobe is fouling Ray Allen right here:

c1a505e6d71a92f9317439da7a94ea33-getty-80398142bb366_celt_lal.jpg

Gasol fouling Rondo:

431866b3b233d1433434fab3927cc122-getty-80398142bc134_g2_finals.jpg

Fisher photographed in the act of fouling Ray Allen:

b01e6480efd9f08095fca9905539bb1c-getty-80398142bc206_g2_finals.jpg

Magic fouling Powe:

5c32102e4b96be2112df7a0cd7f157a5-getty-80398142cc097_nba_finals_ga.jpg

Foul, Jerry West on Paul Pierce:

9f4ce692ecb4931dadc7486526fab6b1-getty-80398142cc106_nba_finals_ga.jpg

Foul, Kobe on House's son; free throws to be shot at the beginning of Game 3:

518968029de4a6f8ebbd059821ea6e7b-getty-80398142cc101_nba_finals_ga.jpg

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

smh.gif
at anyone blaming this loss to the ref's. Lakers had a lot of chances to win this game, hell they even scored more inside than the Celtics. Not to mention, they had fewer turnovers.

Lakers just played awful, plain and simple. The Celtics dozed off during the last 6 mins of the game due to the huge lead.

Celtics defense came to play once again, and gave Kobe a lot of looks he didn't want.

The lakers did not play awful in either game. Today they shot damn near 50% and had very few turnovers against a great defensive team and they had morepoints in the paint. I know stats don't mean everything but that is not an awful game. I know the lakers did not play great or even good D but they usuallydon't, they just play great offense. I don't know if I would say that the refs caused the lakers to lose because the lakers have to learn to adjust tothe calls and stop reaching so much when the refs are making so many bad calls. Bu I will say that if this game was called objectively from beginning to endthe lakers would have won.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

smh.gif
at anyone blaming this loss to the ref's. Lakers had a lot of chances to win this game, hell they even scored more inside than the Celtics. Not to mention, they had fewer turnovers.

Huh? The Lakers just played awful...plain and simple?
laugh.gif
Nearly 50% from the field...and fewer turnovers than the Celtics...that YOU pointedout...but they lost because they just played awful?
laugh.gif
They shot a high percentage from 3 also. They couldn't play defense because their defensiveefforts were usually foul calls. I'm not seeing the "awful" aspect of your argument. The clear difference was free throw attempts.

Back
Top Bottom