Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 2 Thread: Lakers @ Boston 6/8 6PM PST Game On ABC HD

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

he likes the balls

so does big baby
laugh.gif

LOL @ big baby, and he always sets himself up for it too....

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

AND FOR ANYONE SAYING THE LAKERS WERE NOT AGGRESSIVE ENOUGH AND THAT IS THE REASON WHY WE DIDN'T GET THE FT ATTEMPTS

LAKERS POINTS IN THE PAINT = 40

CELTICS = 34

eek.gif
tired.gif
indifferent.gif

So now Laker fans are responsible for your hater-assumptions?

So if you assume by this response right here that I absolutely hate every NBA team except the Lakers, I'm responsible for your assumption?

Never.

Your assumptions are on you to stop, not on me to stop.

If I say 'That was a terrible call', it's not on me to make sure you don't think I mean 'That call cost us the game.'
laugh.gif

I barely even know what you're talking about.

But if I know what you're talking about, I'm not assuming ALL Laker fans are saying officiating was the sole reason for their loss. I'm saying thatall I saw in this thread was constant bickering/complaining about the officiating. I clarified that by saying that. IF there's constantbickering/complaining and very few real posts about the Lakers' actual play itself-am I supposed to assume you guys aren't realizing the Lakersaren't playing well? I watched the full game, and the officiating was bad. BUT....that wasn't the reason the Lakers lost. Plain and simple. They werejust out of it, how do you let a not-very-quick power forward just drive 3/4th of the court without guarding him and letting him throw one down?
And I'm far from a "hater". If you think I am, then that's not up to me, I could care less, but I'm by no means intending to do that atall.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Fro B Giant:
AND FOR ANYONE SAYING THE LAKERS WERE NOT AGGRESSIVE ENOUGH AND THAT IS THE REASON WHY WE DIDN'T GET THE FT ATTEMPTS

CELTICS = 34
That just makes it even more frustrating.

Where you at, SHUGES?

10 FREE THROWS ON 40 POINTS IN THE PAINT... ... ... versus... ... ... 38 FREE THROWS ON 34 POINTS IN THE PAINT.

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Inexplicable....
smh.gif

The Celtics need to know not to stop playing defense when they have a big lead. They could've kept the Lakers away from the game, but they decided not toplay hard anymore because they had such a huge lead.

Kobe played well in the 4th, but a lot of his shot were contested, and you can tell he didn't want to take most of those shots. Lamar Odom need to keephimself away from foul trouble, and Phil needs to play Vujacic a lot more. Because of him the Lakers got to striking distance.

The pick and roll didn't see to be as effective as it was in Game 1. They need to figure out how to perfect it before Game 3.

The series goes to L.A for three straight games. I say the Lakers will win two out of three games back home, they might be able to even win all 3. They playextremely well at home, and I don't see this trend chancing.

I said Lakers in 6 before the series started, and I'm sticking to it.

Fro B Giant:

CELTICS = 34

Where you at, SHUGES?

10 FREE THROWS ON 40 POINTS IN THE PAINT... ... ... versus... ... ... 38 FREE THROWS ON 34 POINTS IN THE PAINT.

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

yall know points in the paint includes alley oops...fast breaks points, etc...its not about just going strong to the hole

Originally Posted by acidicality

So now Laker fans are responsible for your hater-assumptions?

So if you assume by this response right here that I absolutely hate every NBA team except the Lakers, I'm responsible for your assumption?

Never.

Your assumptions are on you to stop, not on me to stop.

If I say 'That was a terrible call', it's not on me to make sure you don't think I mean 'That call cost us the game.'
laugh.gif

I barely even know what you're talking about.

But if I know what you're talking about, I'm not assuming ALL Laker fans are saying officiating was the sole reason for their loss. I'm saying that all I saw in this thread was constant bickering/complaining about the officiating. I clarified that by saying that. IF there's constant bickering/complaining and very few real posts about the Lakers' actual play itself? I watched the full game, and the officiating was bad. BUT....that wasn't the reason the Lakers lost. Plain and simple. They were just out of it, how do you let a not-very-quick power forward just drive 3/4th of the court without guarding him and letting him throw one down?
And I'm far from a "hater". If you think I am, then that's not up to me, I could care less, but I'm by no means intending to do that at all.

I know Powe's your boy and all...but enough with the euphemisms...on the open court..he's slow.

the lakers were just mentally inhibited.

i cheer for the celtics but i know they got alot of calls in that 2nd Q that swung momentum in their favor.....but here's the thing, lakers kept whiningabout it and that causes lack of focus.... same crap was happening to us in Detroit.... Doc told them there's nothing you can do about it so just play yourgame. and we won game 6. you just gotta play your game, be aggressive. stop whining. eventually it'll balance.

Originally Posted by HoneyBBQ Wings 33

Fro B Giant:

CELTICS = 34

Where you at, SHUGES?

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Inexplicable....
smh.gif

Quote worthy!

The points in the paint thing is a little misleading. Lakers had a bunch of open dunks and alleyoops. I do remember Gasol getting fouled on one (the superslo-mo cam) and Kobe getting hit on a lefty layup in the fourth.

Powe got fouled for every single one of his free throws. Those really inflated our free throw number. They were leaving him open down there and had to foul toprevent the dunks.

Originally Posted by jefffort5

Fro B Giant:

CELTICS = 34

Where you at, SHUGES?

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

yall know points in the paint includes alley oops...fast breaks points, etc...its not about just going strong to the hole

That doesn't even put a dent into those 40 points, guy.

And WOW @ the 40-34 pts in the paint. Absolutely amazing.

Banks2Pierce wrote:

Powe got fouled for every single one of his free throws. Those really inflated our free throw number. They were leaving him open down there and had to foul to prevent the dunks.

i completely agree that powe was fouled on those field goals he took, but it's inexcusable that he took 3 more FT's than the lakers

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

The points in the paint thing is a little misleading. Lakers had a bunch of open dunks and alleyoops. I do remember Gasol getting fouled on one (the super slo-mo cam) and Kobe getting hit on a lefty layup in the fourth.

Powe got fouled for every single one of his free throws. Those really inflated our free throw number. They were leaving him open down there and had to foul to prevent the dunks.
I disagree about the Turiaf block (that should have been a no-call to me), but Powe plays very physical down low, well, he did especially at Cal.He's the kind of player, if given touches, that will get a lot of foul calls just from his style of play.

Originally Posted by jefffort5

Fro B Giant:

CELTICS = 34

Where you at, SHUGES?

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

LA had 10 fast break points, Boston had 14. Boston got way too many calls but the same thing will probably happen for the Lakers in LA.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Paul Pierce has gone to the top of my most hated player list, what a fraud; anybody got a nickname for him that is degrading in some way?
Benjamin Buford Blue (Spell Check Anyone) My Lakers will take the series in game 6.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom