Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 2 Thread: Lakers @ Boston 6/8 6PM PST Game On ABC HD

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

Laker fans are easily the worse fans in any franchise (except for baseball....well really just basketball & football). There's no reason arguing with them, they're all just 12 yr old who don't know a lick about basketball.

lol

Man...

This hurt. I am not going to respond to half of what's going on in here because its just stupid. There is no point. People hate the laker and more peoplehate kobe bryant. They have every right to so no reason to get butt hurt if they make a stupid comment.

I was at staples for the game tonight. Its actually cool to be there. There were 6 or 7 celtic fans there and man they got it everytime they got up or didanything. One of them took a BIG L. I never saw so many red coats running to one area EVER in my life.

The crowd was very hyped but the lakers didn't give us much to cheer about. Until the end but it was too little to late.

I think a lot of us discredited what boston did this year because they played in the east. I won't lie I am guilty of saying the east was weak...maybe itwasn't as weak as we thought. The celtics D is SCARY good. Every shot kobe took was tough. We just can't get into the lane. But for some odd reasonthat pick and roll works. Why we waited to use it I don't know. But it doesn't matter.

We let leon powe (probably spelled it wrong. No disrespect at all) KILL US TONIGHT! One night its cassel the next its powe.

I don't know what to say about kobe. I felt he did ok but the celtics just played better D. We were out rebounded, out hustled and just out played periodtonight. I know most people are going to say well we made a run at the end. Yeah so what? Why couldn't we play like that the entire game?

I can't make one excuse for this team. I refuse to blame the refs. All I can say is we must take this next game. I know the celtics have had some roadproblems but it seems as if they put that together with the pistons.

I hope and pray that we can come back.

Laker Nation...

Keep cheering....

I know I will.

Wild game. Celts ran it up 24 before slacking big time. The Lakers that made the huge run are the Lakers one expected to see.

Anyway, aside from the Celtics' blunder in taking it easy, this game was pretty much over by mid 3rd. Lakers can't rely on their ability to put upquick points, or on the Celtics to leave the door open like that.

2-0 is a good spot to be in. LA will be a challenge but the Celts have to be good for at least 1 win there.

Sticking to my pre-Finals call - Celtics wrap it up at home in 6.

david alridge smh.

you SHOOT JUMPERS because the 10 times you DID try to drive and get a legit foul called, its not called. therefore YOU SHOOT JUMPERS.

and youre an nba analyst?

Originally Posted by mEasy15

A little off topic but...

a little more off topic, but........

did anyone make a new popcorn gif from that shot of Magic?

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

acidicality:
No question, the referees were biased the first half. However, that wasn't the reason the Lakers lost, yet, a lot of you guys are saying the refs are the sole reason for it.
laugh.gif
Actually, I haven't seen ONE PERSON say that was the sole reason for the loss.

Soooooo...
nerd.gif
... yeaaaah...
I responded to that already.
It's probably a few pages down, but I'll just quickly paraphrase what I said. Maybe someone didnt explicitly say that but reading through the pages all I saw was constant bickering over the officiating and few posts regarding the actual game itself (like...Boston outplaying LA for the most part until the end of the 4th).
Now I see it.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

Did you guys reallllly not see Pierce get his arm slapped while going to the hoop? Or is this more of your fandom blinding you?
Seriously...

No question, the referees were biased the first half. However, that wasn't the reason the Lakers lost, yet, a lot of you guys are saying the refs are the sole reason for it.
laugh.gif
Prior to that run in the 4th, the Celtics outplayed the Lakers, period, and the Lakers gave up too soon and ultimately their run was made too late.

Who said the refs were the sole reason?

No one.
No one said that, but all I saw from reading through this thread was constant complaining over the officiating, as if that was the sole reason you guys lost. Enh, my point was that there were many other reasons why the Lakers lost. They weren't getting blown out by 20+ points because of the referees.
So now Laker fans are responsible for your hater-assumptions?

So if you assume by this response right here that I absolutely hate every NBA team except the Lakers, I'm responsible for your assumption?

Never.

Your assumptions are on you to stop, not on me to stop.

If I say 'That was a terrible call', it's not on me to make sure you don't think I mean 'That call cost us the game.'

Bulls Fan but KB24 is my fav player and i live in New England. If the NBA LETS the Celtics get away with this the only people that will continue watching theNBA is New England

AND FOR ANYONE SAYING THE LAKERS WERE NOT AGGRESSIVE ENOUGH AND THAT IS THE REASON WHY WE DIDN'T GET THE FT ATTEMPTS

LAKERS POINTS IN THE PAINT = 40

CELTICS = 34

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

Laker fans are easily the worse fans in any franchise (except for baseball....well really just basketball & football). There's no reason arguing with them, they're all just 12 yr old who don't know a lick about basketball.
laugh.gif
because Niketalk makes up the WHOLE ENTIRE Laker fanbase allover the world right? Because, there's NO, NONE, ZIP Laker fans that watched Magic or Worthy play that are still fans today right?

well that game really was a fluke it just lets the world see how much talent boston thinks they have all they have if the "BIG THREE" you wouldnt geta game like tonight's from powe again he a bum those refs really did it for me and my lakers I now understand why very few teams have came into boston andwon. LOL those bums gave up a 24 point llead its really gonna be trouble now we going back to LA for three games and we will finally get games that are calledright down the middle. LETS GO LAKERS!!!

Fro B Giant:
AND FOR ANYONE SAYING THE LAKERS WERE NOT AGGRESSIVE ENOUGH AND THAT IS THE REASON WHY WE DIDN'T GET THE FT ATTEMPTS

CELTICS = 34
That just makes it even more frustrating.

Where you at, SHUGES?

10 FREE THROWS ON 40 POINTS IN THE PAINT... ... ... versus... ... ... 38 FREE THROWS ON 34 POINTS IN THE PAINT.

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Fro B Giant:

CELTICS = 34
That just makes it even more frustrating.

Where you at, SHUGES?

10 FREE THROWS ON 40 POINTS IN THE PAINT... ... ... versus... ... ... 38 FREE THROWS ON 34 POINTS IN THE PAINT.

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

quoted for emphasis
smh.gif

i just looked at the box score and saw that %*++

there are nights when teams will get their calls and nights when teams don't.

i think lakers will have their fair amount of calls come tuesday.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Paul "THE DRAMA ACTOR" Pierce on his post game interview saying how he didnt think about or feel his injury in game 2.

Saying his BS "I was just playing off adrenaline again tonight and really didnt feel the injury.

indifferent.gif

yall got plenty of actors over there on that lakers team

Back
Top Bottom