Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 2 Thread: Lakers @ Boston 6/8 6PM PST Game On ABC HD

LAKERS DON'T NEED MORE OFFENSE THEY NEED TO LOCK DOWN ON THE 3 POINT SHOOTING. YEAH I AM SHOUTING!!!!!
exactly....turning point in the game, celtics had an 8 point lead in the 3rd, and laker defense fell asleep, next thing y'know bam, ray allen3, pierce 3...14 point game, then lakers gave up, lead went up to 20+

Originally Posted by SHUGES

No matter which way you look at it, SOMEBODY fouled him.

19da7700b5bef40328ec67e4f19254cc-getty-80398142bc209_g2_finals.jpg

EVERY player in the NBA needs to do the paulina tilting of the head backwards whenever someone is near them

if gino starts copying the move he would be a lock for MVP

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by acidicality

Pau hitting his head is a maybe, none of us will know unless you take the tape and do close-ups of it. The elbow, people get away with that ALL the time in the NBA. There's nothing funny about that...

the elbow? Pierce GRABBED and PULLED Kobe's arm
roll.gif

i must admit..pp does that alot when ppl go pass him...they grab his arm.....

Brent Barry was fouled and should have gone to the free throw line. Barry clearly got Fisher to jump. That no call was a bad call.

In THIS play, PP had no where to go, tried to step between defenders...and a foul was called. I don't think so.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Bad calls shmad calls. The better team won the game. Why is everyone bringing the refs into it?

BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY HAD A SIZABLE IMPACT ON THE GAME! I'm not gonna just sit here and just to be not labeled as a whiner,etc. and act like theofficiating gave us a fair shot at winning this game tonight. Hell my dad hates the Lakers, he's from Detroit and even he called me and asked what wasgoing on. How do you know the better team won the game, when pretty much all the stats are even across the board, except for 1: FREE THROWS ATTEMPTS- 10 for LAand 38 for Boston and you are saying the referees had NO, ZERO, NADA to do with that, the Celtics were THAT good on D and almost never fouled on any shotattempts by the Lakers.

All I know, aside from the ref stuff...

If we see another Luke vs Leon and/or Vlad vs Pierce matchup in Game 3, 4, or 5, its going to look a lot like tonight, give or take some free throws.
laugh.gif
Kobe HAS to cover Pierce to have a real chance. Gasol did a good job of lettingKG kill himself with those 20 foot jumpers tonight. Just keep doing the same.

Originally Posted by knightngale

No matter which way you look at it, SOMEBODY fouled him.

19da7700b5bef40328ec67e4f19254cc-getty-80398142bc209_g2_finals.jpg

EVERY player in the NBA needs to do the paulina tilting of the head backwards whenever someone is near them

if gino starts copying the move he would be a lock for MVP

wow..u dudes are mad salty at one game....dnt let me start bring up times when fisher or somebody else on the lakers flopped to decide a game...or when thelakers had a one sided officiating when...if yall wanna take it there

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

That's an even worse picture to prove your case.
laugh.gif

It was a bad call.

True, that was a worse picture.

But I just posted it to show that Sasha was definitely on him.

I mean, it was a touch call. I've already admitted that. But again, Laker fans were the same ones saying Brent Barry didn't deserve the call on his pump fake b/c he's not a star. And that if it was Kobe or LBJ or another star player that they would've gotten the call.

But now when it actually IS a star player to get THIS call, you guys want to say it's unfair.

You can't have it both ways.

SHUGES:
But again, Laker fans were the same ones saying Brent Barry didn't deserve the call on his pump fake b/c he's not a star. And that if it was Kobe or LBJ or another star player that they would've gotten the call.

But now when it actually IS a star player to get THIS call, you guys want to say it's unfair.

Why do people make up so much stuff against us? I don't remember ANY Laker fans saying that shouldn't have been called a foul becauseBarry's not a star.
laugh.gif

I remember all of us saying that it shouldn't have been a foul because he traveled, and because he jumped into Fisher.

- People say that we said the Lakers lost this game because of the refs... when NOT ONE Laker fan has said that.
- You're saying we said Barry shouldn't have gotten that call because he's not a star when I don't remember ANY of us saying that (I hope itgoes without saying that I'm definitely open to being proven wrong, and I'm about to go check the thread out myself right now)

Brent Barry was fouled and should have gone to the free throw line. Barry clearly got Fisher to jump. That no call was a bad call.

In THIS play, PP had no where to go, tried to step between defenders...and a foul was call. I don't think so.
eyes.gif

I bet laker fans had nothing to say then

I sure didn't say anything about "star power" when it came to calls at the end of a game. Find a new argument...

The Officiating was horrible. It was another expected homecooking.

The Lakers couldn't rebound..... stretching from not boxing out, getting out-hustled, and the balls going the Celtics way.

Lakers defensive rotation was painful to watch. Celtics were getting us on those pick and rolls. The screen plays they have is also killing us.

Luke Walton is a bum. He can't play defense at all. There's no excuse for Leon Powe driving the ball on him easily. Luke is slow as hell. What'sworse is that were stuck with him and his long contract......

Kobe is having a hard time penetrating to the bucket and his jumpshot hasn't been all that great. Kobe just can't seem to have an explosive gameagainst the Celtics.

Lamar is a no-show.....again.
I wish Pau would be more aggressive, like he was in the first quarter.

I'm really glad the Lakers cut down the lead even though we lost. It's less embarassing and it might give the Lakers more confidence in knowing thatthey can score big and go on big runs against the Celtics.

Now, we go to L.A. where the homecooking will be in favor of the Lakers...I hope.
We gotta win all the next three games but I doubt it.

I'm a pessimistic(sp) guy so I feel like this series has slipped away. I hope I'm wrong.

Go Lakers

BOTTOM LINE IS OFFICIATING WAS LAUGHABLE AND THE LAKERS LOST, SO NOW THEY NEED TO GO BACK HOME AND WIN THESE NEXT THREE. WHY IS WALTON IN THE GAME, WHY IS RADIN THE GAME? GET ARIZA IN THE DAMN GAME HE IS WAY WAY WAY BETTER THAN WALTON AND BETTER THAN RAD! HOW CAN YOU CALL YOURSELF A SHOOTER IF YOU AIRBALL WIDE OPEN3 POINT LOOKS??

HE IS NOT THAT GOOD, HE IS A WASTE OF BLOOD, I USED TO THINK SASHA WAS BUT RAD IS ANYTHING BUT RAD!

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

SHUGES:
But again, Laker fans were the same ones saying Brent Barry didn't deserve the call on his pump fake b/c he's not a star. And that if it was Kobe or LBJ or another star player that they would've gotten the call.

Why do people make up so much stuff against us? I don't remember ANY Laker fans saying that shouldn't have been called a foul because Barry's not a star.
laugh.gif

I remember all of us saying that it shouldn't have been a foul because he traveled, and because he jumped into Fisher.

- People say that we said the Lakers lost this game because of the refs... when NOT ONE Laker fan has said that.
- You're saying we said Barry shouldn't have gotten that call because he's not a star when I don't remember ANY of us saying that (I hope it goes without saying that I'm definitely open to being proven wrong, and I'm about to go check the thread out myself right now)

yeah cuz ppl in this post are def saying that

Originally Posted by jefffort5

In THIS play, PP had no where to go, tried to step between defenders...and a foul was call. I don't think so.
eyes.gif

Thank you...at the end of that game...kobe's response was " naw that wasnt a foul"...smh

The reason he said that is you left out this part "with all the contact they were letting go tonight....naw that wasn't a foul" consideringhe didn't even go to the free throw line that game.

There are enough U Mad, U Sad, and Stoneface pics by 24 to start a new catalogue.

Stoneface

8e5b9a1062571bda91dd075aed37c89e-getty-80398142sc040_nba_finals_g2.jpg

U Mad

d179d1346232bc655817cf1fe2d2726e-getty-80398142cc102_nba_finals_ga.jpg

Sad

6036b183a8fb7a1268427aa17870b845-getty-80398142bc168_g2_finals.jpg

what's the over-under for FT attempts for the lakers in game 3?.... i say they shoot at least 35.....

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by jefffort5

eyes.gif

Thank you...at the end of that game...kobe's response was " naw that wasnt a foul"...smh

The reason he said that is you left out this part "with all the contact they were letting go tonight....naw that wasn't a foul" considering he didn't even go to the free throw line that game.

wait...that was clearly Lamar Odom that said that

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

what's the over-under for FT attempts for the lakers in game 3?.... i say they shoot at least 35.....

i hope it's 40+ and the Celtics have 7 or so, we'll see how close the game is then.

Sure, the call on Barry should have been a foul. The previous play, there was a shot from fisher that hit the rim, but wasn't ruled as such. So the Lakershad to throw up a shot with no time on the shot clock. In reality, it should have been a reset of the shot clock. So, the two bad calls in a way "balancedout." Lakers fan or not, anyone can see the officials were leaning one way tonight.

There are enough U Mad, U Sad, and Stoneface pics by 24 to start a new catalogue.

Stoneface

8e5b9a1062571bda91dd075aed37c89e-getty-80398142sc040_nba_finals_g2.jpg

U Mad

d179d1346232bc655817cf1fe2d2726e-getty-80398142cc102_nba_finals_ga.jpg

Sad

6036b183a8fb7a1268427aa17870b845-getty-80398142bc168_g2_finals.jpg

is this leading up to another tears photo op(spurs 2002-03 conf finals)?

the man just misses the calls he gets and adoration @/of staples center..
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom