Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 2 Thread: Lakers @ Boston 6/8 6PM PST Game On ABC HD

Everybody is making a big deal about the referees and free throw disparity. Looks like even the Lakers are. The whole game they were looking at the refereesexpecting a foul to be called every single time. You should not be doing that. You are a player play through it. Stop looking for help from someone else otherthan your team. If they don't call fouls then take it strong to the hoop and force them to make a call. You won't get calls on fade away jumpers. Inthe end just play. If you have what it takes you will win no matter what.

But also, in your mind, there's nothing stopping a Patriots/Cowboys Super Bowl.
Ah yes, the good old Patriots/Cowboys quote. LOL.

Gotta love that salt being passed around tonight....

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

When BOS wins a game w/o referee help then we can talk about that.
S4L3:
LOL. Didn't they do that game one?

In your mind: yes.

credibility: shot

get 'em
laugh.gif

and the ratio of laker fans to celtic fans on thisboard is around 37:1... so comparing previous game threads are useless...

I can't wait to see the responses of some of you if the Lakers get even more than 1 free throw than the Celtics.

My biggest hope would be that the Celtics still get more free throws... in our house... and we BLOW. THEM. OUT.

Then y'all can't say... nevermind, you still will.
laugh.gif

Even if we win by 2 and shoot 1 free throw more than the Celtics, you'll still come with the ridiculousness, like 'There! You shot 24 free throws andthe Celtics shot 23. Happy now? Now shut up. Things are even."

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

question, has anyone ever reffed a game? i mean we complain but we watch slo-mo replays and hear commentary..... i think it's a bit harder for refs. maybe the reason why there's home calls and superstar calls is cuz refs can;t make up their mind so they need to have a starting point.....
Yes.

nooooo...better question...do any of you all play organized basketball.....*90%*of th nt'ers sit down*

i just got back from work, and all i got to say is...HOW THE HELL DID LEON POWE GET 13 FTA??
roll.gif
my boy
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

laugh.gif
this is comedy, i guaradamtee these same people who are getting on some of us about questioning the officials are gonna be doing the exact same thing IF (and it better) happens at Staples Center, if the referees are consistent in their home bias, we should win all 3 home games.
I am DEMANDING THIS! But the NBA will fine the Lakers, say their refs are calling it even; then call games 3-5 even giving Bos a chance to win onour court. I DON'T GIVE A ____!
I WANT THE SAME BS ON OUR HOME COURT! Only fair thing to do now, is to go straight to game 7 and have 7 officials that vote on every foul and reveal theirscore-cards after every determination. Followed by burning all 7 refs at the stake.

Originally Posted by S4L3

Ah yes, the good old Patriots/Cowboys quote. LOL.

Gotta love that salt being passed around tonight....

Ah yes, the good old "They're just salty." quote coming from S4L3... Didn't expect that one.

Originally Posted by jefffort5

question, has anyone ever reffed a game? i mean we complain but we watch slo-mo replays and hear commentary..... i think it's a bit harder for refs. maybe the reason why there's home calls and superstar calls is cuz refs can;t make up their mind so they need to have a starting point.....
Yes.

nooooo...better question...do any of you all play organized basketball.....*90%*of th nt'ers sit down*
I played at Lawrence North for one...same HS as Mike Conley and Greg Oden. Got a better question?

My team didn't make the playoffs so from an unbiased perspective:

The lakers don't have a better team then the celtics. Sure the Celtics got to the line more than the lakers but the lakers are a jump shooting team. A teamthat isn't as aggresive as the celtics and that is why they get the bulk of the calls. Paul Pierce got fouled I don't know what the argument is onthat.

I had and still do have the celtics winning in 6 for a couple of reasons but primarily, imo there are too many defensive mismatches that aren't in favor ofthe lakers. Fisher can't guard rondo, especially off of sceen and rolls he's having a field day with that, radmanovic can't guard pierce, and KG isa walking mismatch. From an observant standpoint, farmar should be playing more because he is quicker than fisher and has done a great job containing rondo.problem is he isn't on rondo as much. Say what you want about pp and kg but RONDO is the lakers biggest problem. Since fisher has been with the lakers hehasn't been able to contain any pgs, especially ones that use the screen and roles, see mike bibby circa 2002, tony parker circa 2001,2002,2003,2004, andeven damon stoudimire from portland in the early part of this millenium. They have to solve that rondo problem.

All in all, I want the lakers to win but a true competitor recognizes when they are overmatched and imo, the lakers are overmatched in this series. Itisn't going to get any easier for the lakers top gun either. Tonight was and will be his best performance of this series and even tonight, he was hittingsome tough shots. He might get hot and the lakers might win a game, maybe even two, but they wont sweep homecourt and that is why I truly thought they weregoing to lose anyway, lack of homecourt. But good luck lakers.

I'm not too upset about this game tonight. I think we showed that we can never be counted out. We have something to build on for Game 3.

Go Lakers!

I just find it kind of funny that majority of the times Lakers DO get many calls to go their way, and when the tables are turned, they finally get a taste oftheir own medicine.

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

poor execution of a "u-mad?" pic.
not as poor as the lakers defense and rebounding

lol, i don't mean to hurt your feelings.

lol dont worry you cant

unless you got some kind of control on the supply of draank in my city
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Yes.

I played at Lawrence North for one...same HS as Mike Conley and Greg Oden. Got a better question?

i thought i put 90%....not 100%..and what does Mike Conley and Greg Oden have to do with anything?

Yes.

i thought i put 90%....not 100%..and what does Mike Conley and Greg Oden have to do with anything?
It wouldn't be considered rinky dink organized basketball if players like that came out of the HS. Regardless, playing organized basketball or notdoesn't hinder one from knowing the game...or noticing bad officiating.

nycknicks105:
smh.gif
at anyone blaming this loss to the ref's.
Which NOBODY has done, sooooo... ... ... yeaaaah... ... ...

Did I say anyone has?? Jesus Christ I'm beginning to get sick of you being so defensive lately. I know the Lakers lost, bust still. Finding anyway toget a win some how huh?

Or did I forget, your the "official representative" of the Lakers for NT
laugh.gif

Yes.

It wouldn't be considered rinky dink organized basketball if players like that came out of the HS. Regardless, playing organized basketball or not doesn't hinder one from knowing the game...or noticing bad officiating.

ok..but playing organized ball...you know you officals win/lose a game for you

I love it.
laugh.gif
SO predictable, some of the rebuttals people come up with.

'You haven't reffed before, so you can't talk.'

'You've never played organized ball, so your opinion is invalid.'

According to that brilliant logic, the only people that should have a right to vote for President are people that have actually been President.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ace3han

Everybody is making a big deal about the referees and free throw disparity. Looks like even the Lakers are. The whole game they were looking at the referees expecting a foul to be called every single time. You should not be doing that. You are a player play through it. Stop looking for help from someone else other than your team. If they don't call fouls then take it strong to the hoop and force them to make a call. You won't get calls on fade away jumpers. In the end just play. If you have what it takes you will win no matter what.

see this is where your wrong. when the game starts the players are adjusting to how the game is being called, for example if the refs are calling a lot oftouch fouls to start, then more than likely the players won't be as aggressive in their defensive approach and vice versa if their letting them play. basedon how the game is being called they adjust accordingly and EXPECT it to be somewhat the same on both ends, although home teams usually get a few more calls.but the thing is that LA was doing a lot of the same things Boston was from a physical standpoint, but the calls were just going Boston's way.

Case in point Turiaf I believe gets called for contact after the play on Leon Powe where he blocked the shot but made contact afterwards. Similar, scratchthat, same exact thing happens to Pau Gasol on an alley oop attempt when KG hits him after the shot goes up, no foul. So I don't buy that play through it,sometimes like Kobe said you just gotta take a stand. Hell Kobe took it to the hoop at least 3 times late and should have had an And 1, but no call, yet PaulPierce allegedly gets hit by somebody when their lead is cut to 2 and gets 2 gimmie FT's. It's just to much of a disparity to say they'll win nomatter what 38-10 in attempts is asking a little too much especially when pretty much EVERYTHING else stats wise across the board is even. That's reallythe only thing that stands out.

poor execution of a "u-mad?" pic.
not as poor as the lakers defense and rebounding

lol, i don't mean to hurt your feelings.

lol dont worry you cant

unless you got some kind of control on the supply of draank in my city
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I love it.
laugh.gif
SO predictable, some of the rebuttals people come up with.

'You haven't reffed before, so you can't talk.'

'You've never played organized ball, so your opinion is invalid.'

According to that brilliant logic, the only people that should have a right to vote for President are people that have actually been President.

laugh.gif

i hope that isnt a qoute..cuz i def didnt say your opinion doesnt matter

Back
Top Bottom