OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Those were the days where I would look at the box score for teams in the back of the daily news paper....for some reason, looking at stats fascinated me LOL
In jersey they used to put high school box scores and pics in the paper. We used to cut stuff out and tape it to your locker, tape it to the blackboard, if someone ******* on you in last nights game :rofl:

The Sasha we saw the last month of the season is probably the one well see for the majority of this one when he does play
I'll admit Sasha wasn't bad the last month.

Anyone here Pokemon Go? I've been getting screwed recently with the game freezing so often.

Went to Eisenhower Park last night with my brother & the whole park was playing PoGo. Literally everywhere you turned there was groups of people talking about the game.

The freezing is definitely annoying. Haven't lost any Pokemon yet because of it though.

Ah, I picked Team Instinct (Yellow). I'm a more an instinct guy.

GO's GPS is terrible when you use cellular network

I noticed the app keeps freezing sometimes when I try to catch Pokémon while walking

Sometime my GO has GPS mislocation bug which is mostly annoying... Well, I was not complaining about it because Pikachu popped out in the front of me out of the blue last Sunday night. :lol: I was on 43rd street with buddies when we were on the way to Bryant Park. GO's GPS thought I was on 45th street :smh:

Last edited:
I barely remember Knicks' 1994

I started watching Knicks games often in 1997. That was when my parents decided to get cable

I remember I was so sad when Knicks traded Chris Mills. Mills visited my elementary school in Bay Ridge. A nice guy

Chris Mills, Terry Cummings and John Starks for Sprewell...we had to do that trade! Although I hated that we traded Starks

That last vet minimum should've been a proper vet that knows the game well to almost be a coach but still contribute. I don't really see that in Sasha.

That last vet minimum should've been a proper vet that knows the game well to almost be a coach but still contribute. I don't really see that in Sasha.

Sarcasm ?

We're still running the triangle, Sasha knows that to a T

Coaching staff, player's (especially KP), and management absolutely loves him that's why he was able to hang around while being a free agent

He's a ******* pest and an annoyance to opposing players when he's on the court especially when he's producing ( hitting open threes and being an antagoniser on defense )

We give him **** cause he sucked balls 90% of the year but he shouldn't ever been put in those positions really don't know who would be better as as a 1.4 minimum player

Last edited:
wish we used the minimum on someone like gerald green or even a pg instead of sasha but whatever phil paid the guy already :smh:

Who said GG is taking the minimum ? The idea of Gerald Green and Derrick Williams types was gone the moment we signed Kuzminkas. He fits that role

Not really mad at Sasha being brought byke but i wish we would've gave his spot to a young guy with upside.

We're still really thin at guard.

Young guy with upside who the knicks will never play and will be sent down to the D league at some point during the season. If we was talking about the 7th or maybe 8th man on the team I would hear y'all but Sasha is nothing more than an extension of the coaching staff who can fill in for an injury, hit the open three, and play pesky defense.

^ we said the same thing last season when he signed here and next thing you know hes starting...and its not far fetched green would take the minimum... other players just as good as him have done it... david west for example left plenty of money on the table

When did we become the Warriors where proven vets will take a lesser salary to ring chase with us ?

And u smoking the loudest loud if u think this team is comparable to last year's from the roster to the coaching staff. If Sasha is starting this year it's because everybody in front of him died

i was just using west as an example... green got the minimum last year and joined the heat who wasnt capable of winning a ring.. dont see how this year would make a difference for him to make more money since nobody even offered him or even lance a contract... obviously this team is good and way better than last year but the bench is not great... the only improvement is jennings while the 2 europeans and the rookie from duke are unproven...they could be good but will need playing time just like how jerian never got that... dont be surprised if sasha is in the rotation playing 15-20 minutes a game :x

Used to be a Magic fan myself. Penny still my favorite player ever.

I actually became a Knicks fan on that fateful night in '99. That last time that we won a Finals game lol.

I was at that game. Dad got great seats from his boss who couldn't make it. People were offering us $1K for each ticket outside the Garden and he turned it down.

The energy in MSG was unexplainable for that game. Screamed so much, I couldn't talk for 2 days. After the W, the crowd spilled into the streets and the Knicks logo was shining on every building in Midtown, like the Bat signal. People started partying in the streets. It was amazing.

Still have the ticket stubs, the orange towel and all the other memorabilia from that night.

Best night of my life.

Been a loyal fan ever since.
Damn homie... tears (no homo)

I hate signing Sasha. Not going to make a huge deal out of it cause its just an end of the rotation spot, and im less upset about Phil signing a player he likes to fill out a roster spot who is a legit NBA vet and is familiar with his system, as opposed to the Chris Smith saga which imo to the day was the most disgraceful event of the Dolan era considering that Chris Smith couldnt even play his way to a scholarship at Louisville and was cut by D-League teams. I wouldnt even mind it if it was Ewing's son or some **** but what really drove me crazy was that out of all the misguided loyalty the Knicks have had during the Dolan years, they decided to show their loyalty to JR ******* Smith of all players. 

So im not even going to compare the two but at the end of the day I am a strong believer in every single roster spot holding a purpose. One purpose for an end of the bench player is upside to become something later on. Sasha clearly doesnt possess that. Sasha also has no chance of surprising us this season as a serviceable rotation player, as I am sure we are all in agreement the season is lost is Sasha has to play regular minutes again. The last purpose end of the rotation players serve is a leadership role, and I guess Sasha can do that, but he is so not going to be an option on the court I would rather have given him an assistant coaching job as a shooting coach or some ****. 

I guess its just more feelings of the Knicks misguided sense of loyalty. When it isnt a bum like Chris Smith to show their loyalty to, its a bum like Sasha. If you wanna fill the roster with veterans to fill a leadership role at least let it be someone who earned their stripes here who the fans can rally behind like David Lee or Nate Robinson last year. Nobody in NY gives a **** about Sasha. Im not saying the Knicks need to sign a player like that, but Sasha isnt the player who deserves hand out roster spots although I guess if he is good for Porzingis it isnt terrible.

Whats my homie Prigioni up to these days? 
we said the same thing last season when he signed here and next thing you know hes starting
This. I cant even say this **** anymore. 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
Agree with Foam. Yall wild talking about young or vet players coming here for the cheap.

And the names yall bringing up :lol:

Last edited:
Agree with Foam. Yall wild talking about young or get players coming here for the cheap.

And the names yall bringing up :lol:

Maybe I'm bugging but this is the only fanbase who bellyaches over the last man on the bench. I think they want the spot to go to Lebrons son cause he has all the potential in the world.

Last edited:
Listen im not delusional enough to think were getting some good guys to come play here on the minimum. But it all goes back to the **** that the Knicks never do that good organizations do all the time.

I mean is it any surprise that an organization like Portland trades for good cheap young talent like Moe Harkless for next to nothing on a consistent basis and then next thing you know their entire homegrown starting lineup is being signed away to teams like us for big contracts and they are still making the playoffs with more young talent? Or teams like the Atlanta Hawks finding a gem out of thin air with Demarre Carroll and filling his spot like its nothing with Bazemore? When have the Knicks EVER done some **** like that?

The Knicks simply arent good enough to just hand out roster spots to dudes like Vujacic or Chris Smith. We have 2 ******* 2 guards. I like Courtney Lee a lot but he is still 30 years old, gonna be 31 at the start of the season. We have no idea what we are going to get out of Justin Holliday. He might completely suck and that 3rd sting 2 guard might end up becoming our 2nd string 2 guard. Regardless, we might as well plan for that to be the case. I am sure organizations like Portland or Atlanta arent handing out roster spots to super washed up veterans who fit the system.

I get it that signing Vujacic to round out the bench most likely wont harm the team. But Sasha brings NOTHING to the table. How about instead of giving that roster spot to Sasha you take a flyer on a player you think might have some upside?

I am not even one to nit pick, I have been one of the most supportive Phil backers since he started here, I think most of yall know that. But I really dislike how the Knicks dont ever seem to look for untapped upside in young players or develop talent of their own outside a prospect who clearly emerges himself as cant miss as a rookie like Porzingis. Having Porzingis is ******* awesome but most serviceable NBA players, even most all-star NBA players, were not rookie sensations. The Knicks never seem to look for players who might be able to develop into good rotation players long term dating back to when we traded Trevor Ariza for Francis.

So yeah, I get it, it's just an end of the bench player. But like I said, the Knicks arent necessarily deep at 2 guard right now nor do we have the track record to justify handing out rotation spots to a player who hasnt even earned his stripes in this city but is a Phil Jackson favorite. **** that. That roster spot that was handed to Vujacic is a roster spot that could have been used taking a flyer on somebody who can improve this team in the long run. Cheap young talent would be nice, especially considering that outside of Porzingis we really dont have any young players who look like they could become rotational players right now.

What happens if this "win now" experiment fails? Im all for going all in and trying to win on Melo's time line, especially since all we really gave up was Jerian Grant and some cap space, but what if we dont? What do we fall back on? Just Porzingis? As we have seen, now more than ever, having "just" any superstar isnt nearly enough in the NBA today. Porzingis doesnt look like he will be one to bail but if we waste his prime trying to win with aging players and fail to surround him with any good young talent, you absolutely cannot know for sure. Im just saying its not a good look.

I like what we have done this summer. But we have taken so many chances on againg veterans as rotation pieces. Why waste another roster spot on another aging veteran who has 0 shot to be a rotational piece? Why not try and use the end of the bench to take some flyers on young players we like to gain experience as this "win now" approach plays out, since we arent taking flyers on young talent to be rotational pieces? I mean just in the past year or so we have found young(ish) gems in Langston Galloway, Lance Thomas, and Derrick Williams just by giving them a shot. Why give Vujacic a shot over someone who could be the next Lance Thomas or Galloway? Even if they fail to become that, it is still a better look than not even trying and giving up a roster spot to Vujacic.

I mean more than likely if we signed a young player instead of Sasha, he probably never pans out. But it is just the message we would be sending. Like its better to at least try and accumulate some sort of young talent on the open roster spots we do have as opposed to handing out a spot to some bum who Phil has a relationship with. And you never know. Like I mentioned we are not deep at 2 guard and maybe that player becomes what Langston Galloway did. Maybe less, maybe more. But at the very least it would show that we are at least somewhat preparing for a fallback plan if guys like Rose or Noah or Lee dont pan out at the end of the day. We dont have the track record to just hand Sasha a spot, we just dont. It is not a good look. That is all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom