OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Kellerman used to be one of my favorite voices in sports commentary but he's been saying more and more nonsensical stuff lately.

Like riding for Pacquiao over Floyd simply because he's signed to HBO.

Makes sense now that I hear he'll be replacing Skip.

so our roster is

rose/jennings
lee/holiday
melo/thomas/kuzminksas
kp/hernangomez
noah/plumlee

who else are we getting?

we should sign all the hometown scrubs like telfair, skip to my lou, balkman, blatche, cle and anybody else just to get us to the 15 man roster

I started in '94.

About the same. I remember it specifically being during a Knicks/Bulls playoff series. Maybe it was 93 cause Jordan was still there...

I was a big Jordan fan, hate him now, still respect his game. Most kids around my age, which was 9 at the time, were Jordan fans. But something hit me during this series. As I paid more attention to the actual games, instead of being caught up in the "Air Jordan" thing, I felt like I related to the Knicks a whole lot more. And the fans as well. I remember back in the days in the seaport, one of the piers had a pizza spot on the top floor with t.v.'s in the food court and they had one of the games on. The pizza area was like a sports bar. Dudes yelling at the t.v., cheering. Super exciting to a young bul like myself. Those hard nose gritty Knicks teams really represented what the city and me specifically were about. I was a fighter growing up.

And then they had that song....

Go New York go New York go!

Liiiiit.

Last edited:
I started watching hoops in the late 80's , My Dad took me to a Knicks game against the Bad Boys. The crowd kept chanting Laimbeer is a pig :smokin

I was an ******* in '95 because I jumped on the magic bandwagon. Oh well that team was exciting lol

:nerd:

Me too. :\

As a kid, they were the kids team. That new shiney toy. The court was always a stand out to me. The brightness coming from the arena. The mascot. Penny. Shaq. Liiiit.

:lol:

Last edited:
sick.gif
 @ Max Kellerman.

Tony Reali taking over PTI for him went so well. Dude was Stat Boy for 15 years. Didn't realize he left PTI for GMA.

ESPN knows their audience with this hire, thoguh. That's for sure.
laugh.gif

I started going with my pops when I couldn't even remember going. He was crew with one of the higher security people and we usually ended up close to the floor. My pee wee league # was 34 in honor of the King. Kept it all the way through college :smokin

I was an ******* in '95 because I jumped on the magic bandwagon. Oh well that team was exciting lol

:nerd:

Me too. :\

As a kid, they were the kids team. That new shiney toy. The court was always a stand out to me. The brightness coming from the arena. The mascot. Penny. Shaq. Liiiit.

:lol:

Me 3

Penny still is my fav player of all time. (Avy check)

Wasnt a knick fan until the sprewell, allan houston, etc teams. Totally bandwagon kid but ive been stuck ever since.

We have had some teams that gave me hope over the years but hopefully i see a championship at somepoint.

Back
Top Bottom