OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Imma come clean my guy Clyde suit game impecable. He needa break this joint out again.
Picture-clipping.pictClipping.jpg
Son has on a ******* leather jacket suit 

I just hope that Porzingis will have a great year. Might be asking for too much too soon and wishful thinking lol ...but it would be very nice if we can have a very legit big three this upcoming season

Big 3 only works if you get Rose to play at a very high level.

I dont see a scenario where Porzingis doesnt perform well this season. Last year the guy had the weight of the world on his shoulders and performed. The guy played on a roster that had minimal talent, moved from one side of the earth to another, was not cheered on draft night, had huge pressure and still managed to produce at an elite level. This year the kid will show us that he truly is a superstar.

KP has a god chance to improve, but the Knicks coaching staff would have to be very thoughtful with how they do it. He has the veterans in place to give him the proper guidance, but he still needs to have the opportunities to take the shots. You can't expect him to get any better if we don't run plays exclusively for him. It not only gives him in-game experience, but he also increases his confidence. Usually players really improve early on in their careers because they can take all the shots on a bad team. Not sure how many shots KP will be able to take with this roster.

Last edited:
Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley · 3m3 minutes ago
One more factor into NYK's "win now" mode: Steve Mills said putting Kristaps Porzingis in a winning situation will help his development.

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley · 12m12 minutes ago
Phil Jackson says NYK has "a little more spirit" & "a little more competitive power" after its recent signings.

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley · 9m9 minutes ago
Phil Jackson & Steve Mills said the acquisition of Derrick Rose helped inform the Knicks' approach in free agency: going after vets.

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley · 2m2 minutes ago
Phil Jackson said one factor into the Knicks taking a 'win-now' approach this summer was Carmelo Anthony's timeline to win.

Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ · 2m2 minutes ago
Basically said team has faith Rose, Noah & Jennings can stay healthy bc they're relatively young. Feels Rose may have turned corner last yr.

Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ · 51s51 seconds ago
Asked Phil if he thinks theres a lot of variance involved w this roster, bc of all the injury risks. "No doubt -- we're aware of that."

Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ · 5m5 minutes ago
Phil said he went to Melo after the season -- 3rd straight w/ no playoffs -- and asked, "Are we moving quick enough for you?"

Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ · 7m7 minutes ago
Phil says O'Quinn may have to fill the void some at backup center since there isn't an established C behind Noah

Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ · 10m10 minutes ago
Phil says Noah has been on his wish list for a long time. Says it's rare to find guys like Noah and Lopez who are willing to do dirty work.

Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ · 14m14 minutes ago
Knicks GM Steve Mills: When we made the Rose trade, it set us on a clearer path to try and win now. Says it made team more appealing to FAs

Last edited:
View media item 2094834
Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ · 6m6 minutes ago
Phil, on losing Lopez: "It was like getting a tooth pulled." Said he loved his play, but team had to give up something to get something good

...deep enough to justify spending big money there, so they moved to Plan B, so to speak. That's how/why they traded for Rose.

Asked Phil to expand on this. Said, specifically, that Melo said he wanted NY to upgrade the PG position. Phil didnt think FA PG pool was...

That Noah interview was lit. My guy a real one. Bringing that goon mentality back to MSG.

Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ · 11m11 minutes ago
Jennings, asked what he's excited about, first mentions Noah. Says he walked in and first thing he saw was Noah smiling here at the facility

Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ · 12m12 minutes ago
Jennings says Phil told him to go out and win 6th Man of the Year.

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley · 8m8 minutes ago
Brandon Jennings: I definitely have a chip on my shoulder. I just want to show people that I'm back.

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley · 11m11 minutes ago
Brandon Jennings says Phil told him he expects Jennings to be Sixth Man of the Year. Jennings seems very comfortable with that projection.

Back
Top Bottom