OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Here are thoughts after reading the passage big j 33 big j 33 posted:

• Loved what Lopez brought to the team. He was rebounding and defending very efficiently. I can't say he wont be missed, but we needed PG help in the worst way. Someone like Lopez is replaceable.
  • I like that Horny is open to using principles of the Triangle. I have a feeling he'll use a motion/flow/pace offense. Which I'm not ineffusive towards. I personally think we have the personnel to run that type of offense.
  • Rose/Jennings is def an interesting back court. My only concern is how volatile bought can be. When they're on, they're on. They can create opportunities with penetration and dribble drives.
  • It's refreshing to hear about KP's work ethic. The kid loves to play basketball and is willing to put in the extra work. I would LOVE to see how Horny uses him. I know he's long and athletic, so we should def look to making him play more off the dribble. Hopefully being around Melo, he'll learn how to expand his offensive game.

----------

Rose-Jennings
Lee-Holiday
Melo-Thomas-Kuzminskas
Porzingis-KOQ
Noah-Willy-Plumlee

Hope we give the last roster spot to a guard

I have a feeling we'll see a lot of good things from Justin Holiday. He had a decent year in Chicago, and came from the Warriors system before. I'm sure he'll be familiar with what Horny is going to try tor run. Hopefully he can be our Barbosa.

Not sold on Plumlee or Kuzminskas. I'd rather sign an athletic forward like D-Will to space the floor. I'd only be open to Plumlee if he plays anything like his brother Mason :lol:

Last edited:
That comment about Jerian Grant is weird. How do you know what you have in a player after 2 weeks?
Something OKB I think has said before on here.. and it echoes what a lot of scouts and execs have said... with SL it doesn't always tell you who can play in the league, but it will tell you who can't. Clearly they thought Grant couldn't really play in the league.

I think he could have been solid, but with a player at his age, they must not have seen the potential or hope for drastic improvement. So what he can bring you is very replaceable. 

Herb Williams never left the garden. He just went to the wnba. My guy gotta have some some wild dirt on Dolan.

One thing I didn't like about Grant is how he always threw his hands up & looked disappointed if a teammate dropped one of his passes or missed a shot. Almost acted like he was never in the wrong.

Al Iannazzone Verified account  ‏@Al_Iannazzone · 5h5 hours ago
Knicks announce they will have a noon press conference tomorrow to introduce free agents.

I hope they invite Derrick Rose to press conference. It doesn't feel right to see Rose being introduced without Knicks' FO and coach

Am I the only one who thinks that whoever wrote that made up at least half of that ****?

I just dont see the uber corporate Phil and Mills talking so candidly with a media member, even during the relaxed atmosphere of the SL. That's the kind of leaky **** from low level media guys that Phil has looked to get rid of during his time here.

I mean these are the guys that made Brandon Jennings change his twitter handle and delete 2 tweets he sent about getting verified once he joined the Knicks and about the Knicks going after Trevor Ariza. Im just not buying them calling Eric Gordon a "walking injury" or admitting that they thought Grant sucked by the end of summer league.

Last edited:
Herb Williams never left the garden. He just went to the wnba. My guy gotta have some some wild dirt on Dolan.
Hilarious that Herb is now a Liberty assistant, I had no idea 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom