OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
im glad LG got $$$ wish him all the best.
when we got him, he made that horrible season worth sitting through

havent paid attention to SL. are Willy / Mydingus playing?

... and we still need to make moves. not feeling the bench

Its great to hear these Heat fans crying now that DWade is gone :pimp: :lol:

I'm gonna sleep good tonight :smile:

This off season has been good to us :lol:

Giving the Bulls Caldo was one thing but then Wade leaves the Heat to the Bulls and the Lakers end up with Caldo :rofl:

Last edited:
The '03 class is going home I see. If bosh was healthy, bet he goes to Dallas. I really thought wade was gonna go to Cleveland, but they would've had to move some serious money to make that happen. The next offseason will probably just as exciting.

I would've liked to see Wade on the Knicks, just because you know he'd going to try to play his *** off and try to get these crazy deals one last time (I think that's Rose's mentality going into this season). But I'd rather have Lee who's a 3D type of player. If Horny is smart, he'd let the guy get his points off fast breaks and open corner 3's. I would hate to see the coaching staff put too much food on his plate. That's basically how we screwed up Shump and JR.

Roles players are at their best when you give them a specific job to do which they specialize in.

The Cavs getting Dunleavy is so unfair. He's basically a Shane Battier for them. He can play decent defense and will hit those open 3's. More spacing for LeBron now. Can't say I'm not excited for this upcoming season. Kinda wish I reup'd on those season tickets now :lol:

Another superstar 1 year away from free agency and the Knicks are cooking up schemes to trade for him.

Sounds familiar

Another superstar 1 year away from free agency and the Knicks are cooking up schemes to trade for him.

Sounds familiar

The Knicks aren't doing anything. The media is basically making rumors. It's pretty much your choice to believe it or not.

Sounds familiar

The best part now Dozo, we don't even need schemes anymore, we actually have legit players 1-5. Barring any injuries we're playoff bound, FAs will come.

Hey all!

Not sure how much you follow along the other boards, but I've been at Orlando Summer League all week. I had the chance to talk to a lot of people with the Knicks over the week and today got about 5 minutes with Phil Jackson and Steve Mills. Previously I talked to Jeff Hornacek and Kristaps Porzingis as well. Here are some of the notes I got from various people associated with the team. Not all of them are from the previously referenced guys.

Not all of this may be super newsworthy or anything, but all felt good enough to share.

If you have specific questions, please quote me so I'll be sure to see it.

1. Porzingis is ridiculously big in person up close. And he's all arms and legs. People are not meant to be built like he is.

2. He really wanted to play for Latvia in the Olympic qualifier and the team shut it down pretty quickly. So, he asked to play Summer League and they shut that down even quicker. But the team loves his desire to play and work. They have to make him leave the gym.

3. They see him as 100% the star of the franchise, beyond even Carmelo Anthony. As soon as this year, they hope to start to transition the team to being Porzingis' team.

4. Expect to see Rose and Jennings play together some. Hornacek had really good success with that in Phoenix with Dragic and Bledsoe and likes the options it provides. He's really excited to draw up sets that feature multiple dribble drives and Porzinigis diving to the rim. Hornacek had great success with Miles Plumlee as a diver/roler and see Porzingis as about 100x better.

5. The usage of the triangle is still something Phil wants. As often said, the triangle to him is bigger than just a basketball thing. But the understanding was that Hornacek would not be forced to use the triangle. Elements of it, but not solely it. He has stuff he likes and you can already see the roster being constructed that way.

6. They feel like they will be very hard to score on inside with Noah and Porzingis. And they intend to play Thomas a lot to further extend the defense.

7. A big part of signing Noah was his passing and ball handling ability. They see his ability execute DHOs and screens as a huge key to getting Rose free and getting Anthony shots.

8. It was very hard for them to give up Robin Lopez. They loved everything he did for them and his fit with Porzingis. But, as the quote was, "you have to give something to get something and we feel like Rose was someone we had to get."

9. They weren't so sad to see Jerian Grant go. I won't name the person who said it but they said, "That was Phil's pick. Dude loves big PGs and reached. And we realized by the end of Summer League last year."

10. The team is really excited for Hernangomez and Kuzminskas. They feel like both are athletic and tough and will pair well up front with Porzingis.

11. Courtney Lee was the SG they wanted all along. They said the Eric Gordon rumors were "*******t. We already took a shot on one injured guy and Melo isn't always healthy either. Why would we add a walking injury to the mix?"

12. The team was bummed to lose Galloway. They loved the kid, but had to make some tough choices with the cap.

13. And finally, don't be surprised to see Ron Baker get a camp invite and to make the team as an undrafted rookie. He's been pretty good in Orlando and repeatedly I was told "he just plays the right way all the time. All the time. It doesn't translate here (Summer League) because this is *******t basketball. But this guy can play. He'll be in the league."
Bonus: They openly admit they may have the worst Summer League team ever and that most of their guys have no shot at the NBA.

So, again, not really anything earth shattering maybe, but some stuff I heard that I wanted to share.
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1462650#start_here

That comment about Jerian Grant is weird. How do you know what you have in a player after 2 weeks?

It's good to know that Knicks' front office didn't want to give up Lopez easily . They must have high faith in Derrick Rose if they hesitated to trade Lopez
Not surprised about the reason of Noah signing. We know it's more than his defense
The Eric Gordon comment.. :rofl:

If Rose and Jennings are healthy on the court at the same time, RIP to opposite teams' guards :x

The important thing is that they want KP to become the face of the franchise even with Melo. That's the best part I've heard this off-season :pimp:

Last edited:
Rose-Jennings
Lee-Holiday
Melo-Thomas-Kuzminskas
Porzingis-KOQ
Noah-Willy-Plumlee

Hope we give the last roster spot to a guard

Back
Top Bottom