OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
There's been plenty of noise in New York about 2017 free agent and Russell Westbrook and the Knicks in the last two days. Westbrook's free agency is 12 months away, so it's probably foolish to make any bold proclamations about his future right now. But here's one thing worth noting on the Knicks/Westbrook dynamic: Westbrook is a big fan of Kristaps Porzingis and has been impressed by his game, according to league sources. Would Porzingis' presence lead Westbrook to New York? Who knows? Again, his free agency is 12 months away. Plenty can happen between now and then. The Vertical reported in February that the Knicks and Porzingis have Westbrook's "attention." :rolleyes But the Knicks now have a point guard on the roster in Derrick Rose, also a 2017 free agent. New York would obviously need to let Rose walk away next summer to pursue Westbrook. The Knicks would also have to clear some additional cap space to have enough money for Westbrook, but they wouldn't have to move heaven and earth to do so. Also worth noting on the Knicks/Westbrook dynamic: New York assistant coach Josh Longstaff has a strong relationship with Westbrook from his days as a video coordinator/player development coach in Oklahoma City.
IT BEGINS!

Last edited:
Its not how I'm putting it, its how it is. KD joined a team coming off the best regular season record in history that just took his lunch money and left him bunny eared in the playground and now he wanna sit at the cool table talking bout "its not lactose its milk" :rofl: I rooted against Miami too for the record..
we are going to disagree like you stated, but one question. If its about the rings, what would you rather KD do? Sit in OKC and if they beat GSW lose in the Finals to LeBron?

Is funny but does anyone remember the line when an old G said he is rooting for the team that beat him?

Its not how I'm putting it, its how it is. KD joined a team coming off the best regular season record in history that just took his lunch money and left him bunny eared in the playground and now he wanna sit at the cool table talking bout "its not lactose its milk" :rofl: I rooted against Miami too for the record..
we are going to disagree like you stated, but one question. If its about the rings, what would you rather KD do? Sit in OKC and if they beat GSW lose in the Finals to LeBron?

Is funny but does anyone remember the line when an old G said he is rooting for the team that beat him?
I hope he loses as part of GS will hope for him in the future. Yeah he made a smart basketball decision for his chip aspirations but i gotta suffer by watching less competitive basketball as a result. I hoped OKC beat GS in the WCF as well :frown:ll:smile:(

The Pelicans are nearing a deal with guard Langston Galloway, league sources say. The Knicks recently made him an unrestricted free agent

:frown: :frown: :frown:

Good dude, hope he does well.

Knicks would have liked to have brought the highly-respected Galloway back, but a multi-year deal would have eaten into 2017 cap space...

...It is absolutely crucial that NY retain at least $31 million in cap space for next summer, as that'll be starting salary of max contracts

We're, respect to Gallo. TBH our whole roster except 2 are replaceable and the turnover rate is off putting. Reason I don't watch college ball much because they have a new team each year. It seems like anytime I watch a game there are a bunch of ex Knicks playing :rofl:

Randle has some impressive accolades. a couple videos on YouTube for him. If he's signed I think he may be an upgrade from Galloway.

Gotta get over that attachment to replaceable players.
I don't understand it when they're in the talks of being brought back or even in projected lineups.

How the Hell can you watch these summer league games? This camera angle is awful :lol:
That always pissed me off.

I've only watched the 1st game we lost so far but in year we've gone some since.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom