OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
The NBA has always been that way. Larry Bird played on a stacked squad, Magic played on a stacked squad, MJ was the greatest ever so all he needed was a very good #2 who is one of the best all around defenders ever and one of the greatest rebounders/defenders in NBA history.

People have a problem now because players are doing what their front offices should be doing, putting teams together. If front offices did their jobs better maybe LeBron never goes to Miami, KG wouldn't have to leave Minny after failing and failing again. OKC had a good team but the only third options they ever had left and they failed to replace them.

No one had an issue when the rumors were Melo/Amare/CP3. The game has always been best players = best chance to get a ring. Only a few were lucky enough to do it with straight grit and guts.
This

agreed.

I wanna see Silver put together an intelligent way to basically stop the monopolizing of talent in the NBA. Because with this being the wave, players are going to realize that they're going to have to plan to play together years in advance in order to compete. It's just going to keep getting worse.
It is what it is. You know damn well we'd be staying quiet if we were the ones with Durant or Lebron.
The Warriors drafted green curry and Thompson who blossomed into what they are. And had the cap space to pick up kd.
The league needs to let it ride , players are going to play together if they want to. And it will keep being fun to watch.
Small market teams want superstars. Draft them or scout better and pray the person they pick turns into one.

OKC is a small market and drafted both KD and Westbrook, and both will be gone. Because the players couldn't do what they needed to do and close a 3-1 series. Not because the front office needed to do a better job.

Great players elevate the play of those around them, and the more dispersed they are, the higher the potential is for the quantity of great teams, parity, and competition. The league doesn't exist so basketball players can play at the highest level against each other, it exists to entertain fans in order to get their money. Imo there's a happy meeting point for players, owners, and fans, and imo this trend is going to continue to get worse. And the fans are the losers. I'm positive the trend is going to end with it becoming the norm for the best MVP candidate/winner type players to plan at least a season in advance on playing together. If KAT and Wiggins weren't already on the same team they'd already have started the plotting.

Last edited:
Well if they couldn't do what they needed to do to win makes sense they'll join teams where players can.

Something needs to be done to promote parity, though. The NBA is getting worse and worse. A friend of mine suggested contraction.

There were always superteams, but this whole generation of the best players electing to hop on bandwagons or create superteams just takes a lot of the enjoyment out of it for me.

Not going to get parity unless the NBA removes max contracts and hard caps the teams. Which are two things the union will be against.

Apparently this Durant move is a glitch in the matrix, which happened because the league was caught off guard by the huge TV deal, causing an exploding the cap.

There'll probably be another 2 year window where this kind of thing can happen...unless there's another lockout next summer.

OKC had to let Harden go, to manage the cap at the time. It was looked at as proof that "player sharing" worked and would bring more parity to the league.

Good read on the subject:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-durant-fleeing-opens-door-to-trouble-for-nba

Last edited:
I don't care about how people feel about the KD signing. The KD and LBJ situation are both the same .... Is no different from the core group reuniting in LA. But whatever .... Mad people also gave props to LBJ not me for trying to win a title ... The way I see it ... If the Cavs beat the best team in the NBA .. What's the point of KD stating in OKC ... Even if they beat the Warriors the Cavs might get stronger and he would just lose in the Finals ... So if it's about winning he absolutely did the best thing for his career joint a team that is great and he will make it much better ...

Spare me this ******** he's weak and ****. More mentally weak than LBJ no one and he is beloved so in KDs voice **** em.

Of course SAS is mad ... Dude is a LBJ hard core cock rudder ... I understand.
If you don't see the difference in creating a championship team and joining a championship team then you're blind to the facts. I'm not mad about it but find it funny and disappointing as I was looking forward to that new WC rivalry. Dont hate KD either but will be rooting against them, I like to see underdogs win..

but I'd rather it be like how Dirk won his.
Without question.

In a perfect world...I choose his run over anything else.

Said it not too long ago in the NBA thread. Excluding what Cleveland just pulled off...the 2011 Mavs championship must have been the most satisfying run to a 'chip in the last 5-10 years.

Imagine the sense of accomplishment having one superstar player, a very good head coach, and a bunch of veteran role players all getting hot at the same time & working in sync. That's not supposed to happen in this league. IIRC No one on that squad had won a 'chip before. And who they knocked off on the way there + the final opponent...
pimp.gif

I'll take what I can get though.
laugh.gif

I just want to be alive to see my Knicks to win a chip, period. I don't care if we assemble a superteam to do it.

If you don't see the difference in creating a championship team and joining a championship team then you're blind to the facts. I'm not mad about it but find it funny and disappointing as I was looking forward to that new WC rivalry. Dont hate KD either but will be rooting against them, I like to see underdogs win..
What's the difference man? You bringing arguably the best player in the game and a top 3 in his position to a team with a top5 player in his position to win.

KD went to a team that plays like a team and he just happen to be a star ... **** out of here ....

Who's the underdog Cavs? SMH .... KD did what LeBron did and that was what was best for him to win. Its not brought to be the GSW but you also have to beat Cavs to win it all.

Something needs to be done to promote parity, though. The NBA is getting worse and worse. A friend of mine suggested contraction.

There were always superteams, but this whole generation of the best players electing to hop on bandwagons or create superteams just takes a lot of the enjoyment out of it for me.
This

And I hate watching Warrior basketball. **** boils my blood

I be watching those match up like them nascar mogs watch the daytona 500. Just waiting for that wreck to happen and seeing Curry leaving on a stretcher and never returning 

Last edited:
Reading about Ray Allen coming back and choosing between the Warriors and Cavs got me like " :smh: cmon man" lol

Ol Walter looks pretty desperate. Just my opinion, dude been sitting down for this long, just live life, but hey, do you Walter.

What's the difference man? You bringing arguably the best player in the game and a top 3 in his position to a team with a top5 player in his position to win.

KD went to a team that plays like a team and he just happen to be a star ... **** out of here ....

Who's the underdog Cavs? SMH .... KD did what LeBron did and that was what was best for him to win. Its not brought to be the GSW but you also have to beat Cavs to win it all.
The difference is GS just had back to back finals appearance and Miami did not. That's the difference between creating a champ team and joining one. I've stated my opinion and you've stated yours. its that time to agree to disagree since I'll see it as a difference and you wont.

Lebron and KD are cut from the same cloth and both are front runners no matter how you put it. There was always superteams but its just sad to see the best player give up and jump ship so quickly. Im glad jordan or magic never did this. I blame the front office for failing to build a good team around them which is why they left.

To me it's not up to Silver to stop this. Let superstar players go where they wanna go whether its due to a raised cap or them taking less money.

Its up to front offices to build better teams. The Spurs have been a respected and successful championship team for over a decade due to great coaching, scouting, drafting, trading, and at most having 2 stars on their team at the same time.

Players should not be prevented from going where they wanna go.

agreed with all of this. i cant blame KD for wanting to go to championship caliber team, bc any other team would've been a downgrade from OKC. however, its distasteful that he essentially jumped ship and joined his rivals. in terms of being a competitor, that is a weak move IMO. i would've been more accepting even if he went to cleveland somehow. at least he didn't lose to them and develop somewhat of a rivalry. as others have said, its like reggie going to the bulls or isiah going to the celtics.

the whole "super team" thing is fun to watch, but its ruining it for other teams/fan bases TBH. lets face it, a lot of "fans" are band wagoners, so if you don't have a home super team, then your franchise will probably suffer until they somehow draft a superstar. minny might be the only team after the warriors that will have home grown talent. other teams are pretty much SOL bc these super teams will attract players to take less money just to win, while the rest of the league is going to turn into the dleague. yeah, thats a bit extreme, but you get where im going.

Back
Top Bottom