OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
I just dont see the uber corporate Phil and Mills talking so candidly with a media member, even during the relaxed atmosphere of the SL.

The guy gave a heads up that some (probably most) of those notes weren't from the previously referenced guys. So I could absolutely see that off-the-record chatter taking place in the middle of summer/offseason at a super casual basketball setting. Most likely from Knicks scouts, player development staff, assistant coaches. Guys on that level that are around the team a lot.

Good stuff Big J. Interesting notes.

Last edited:
Imma come clean my guy Clyde suit game impecable. He needa break this joint out again.
Picture-clipping.pictClipping.jpg

Melo and Noah training together

EDIT: Didn't see Nick's post

By the way, that chemistry :pimp:

Last edited:
Noah's left-handed layup looks so awkward but yet it's still effective

One thing I loved about Noah besides his fiery attitude was his skilled passing for his size. The guy just sees the floor as well as some point guards. When he's on, he can get a really cause havoc on the defense. Also, am I the only one excited to finally have a big on the team that can consistently guard the pick and roll? It seems like we've been AWFUL in that department for the past decade. Teams didn't even need to read the scouting report to know all they had to do was pick and roll us to death :lol:

I know we're getting derided in the offseason thread for being the all NBA 2011 team, but I have a feeling Phil picked up a lot of guys with egos with chips on their shoulders. I would rather have grit and hustle before flash any day on the week.

I really hope we find an identity this season. Since the 2012 season when we were a 3 point shooting team, I can't remember the last time we had an identity. Maybe the 90's tough grit Knicks?

Last edited:
I feel like im too excited going into this season lol. Love that everyone seems to be bought in from the management down to the players. :smokin

Bruh...Noah is setting imaginary screens for Melo in a shoot around! 8)

These guys are about to go so hard for each other...

3 Big City guys, 2 hometown kids, one young prodigy and a do everything glue guy. I can really see them clicking together.

I'm loving this roster so far.

Young veterans with chips on their shoulders and a legit young superstar in the making, ready to soak everything up. Not to mention a coach that has a solid philosophy of play and the personnel to execute it.

Can't wait for this season to start.

I just hope that Porzingis will have a great year. Might be asking for too much too soon and wishful thinking lol ...but it would be very nice if we can have a very legit big three this upcoming season

Last edited:
I dont see a scenario where Porzingis doesnt perform well this season. Last year the guy had the weight of the world on his shoulders and performed. The guy played on a roster that had minimal talent, moved from one side of the earth to another, was not cheered on draft night, had huge pressure and still managed to produce at an elite level. This year the kid will show us that he truly is a superstar.

Potential stars usually improve every year. If KP can build off his rookie year then he's headed in the right direction :smokin

Also I love how everyone on this team is such a hard worker. All of our main pieces are out there to prove people wrong. I love it.

Back
Top Bottom