OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
I'll come back to this tread when you guys start making sense again

There's some good points being said but I feel u :lol:
It's that no one realizes you aren't getting anything better by trading him. We gave up three role players and two picks for him in his prime, what do you people actually think we'll get for him at 32 with a ntc and a ton of money owed? How is trading him improving the team? We'll get real far with Ariza and Terence Jones.

Yup trading Melo now is useless at this point all can do hope Phil keeps working his magic & brings in some quality role players to build around Melo & KP for the long run

Last edited:
I can see Melo becoming the legit 2nd option that he's always wanted, and deserved. I see that happening this season.

imagine if Phil can somehow lure KD here? :lol:

PG-Afflalo-KD-Melo-Porzingis :smokin

Last edited:
imagine if Phil can somehow lure KD here?
laugh.gif

PG-Afflalo-KD-Melo-Porzingis
smokin.gif
It'd be illegal, Stern would come out of retirement and veto that move.

It's that no one realizes you aren't getting anything better by trading him. We gave up three role players and two picks for him in his prime, what do you people actually think we'll get for him at 32 with a ntc and a ton of money owed? How is trading him improving the team? We'll get real far with Ariza and Terence Jones.

Hey man, teams get desperate. Especially those who unrealistically think have a shot.

Two-three years ago Brooklyn traded for a washed PP and KG, thinking they had a shot. Now Boston has their first-round picks until 2043. :lol:

But yes, no point in trading Melo now or by Feb, we have no picks. Let's just become a better team and try to make the playoffs. But in the offseason, this will absolutely come up again and trading Melo will be on the table, whether the Melo fans like it or not.

I'm open to anything that makes the team better and if a good package comes along great but there really isn't a GM dumber than Billy King and he has no assets for us :lol:

Until Melo starts ballin again, and winning us games it's F Melo. Superstars are supposed to do superstar things.

Don't want to get into this debate but he's never been a superstar anyways, so don't start expecting some miraculous change...

Melo has just really always dissaponted the hell out of me but I always thought his game and his style would actually improve going into his mid 30's, he never relied on athleticism so I thought he'd get finer with age (sort of like Dirk did) but he still makes bone-head and ridiculous mistakes, still taking terrible shots, still lacks awareness.

I really don't get this dude, never have and probably never will. But we don't have a draft pick this season so he really does need to step up. The playoffs are all on him.

Just wish he could be the veteran he's supposed to be. Shoot over 45%, get free throws, shoot 40% from three....I mean this shouldn't be hard to do given his skill set, but he might just never get it, he might never be able to understand.

Oh well bros, where's Proph?
I'm here...what's up

Ah yes.. JRS.. the level headed and rational Knicks fan.. let's follow his lead
im ******* done **** this dumb ************ i defended this piece of **** all year and he does this **** him man **** this team **** the nba **** you all

wtf was Mudiay going to do for us? Make us title contenders with Melo? Please bros, get over that dude.

It's a gamble but it was one we needed to make. Phil made the right choice, after the top three selected the best players and the Sixers stole Okafor from us no one else was a game changer.
Mudiay can step in day one and be an explosive point guard on both ends of the floor. Someone that fills a major need. But you're right, he wouldnt do anything for the Knicks. Just like Zinger won't either.

**** this franchise

Nick you at the GWB yet?

I just find it kinda odd that this is the move that's turns y'all stomach.

I understand being upset with the unfamiliar but damn. Y'all were preaching patience and y'all run out now? Give the kid a year and see how he does.
when theres a guy on the board who's the same age who is nba ready who fills a major need and you take a guy who needs 2 years to maybe become good thats a huge problem and warrants this reaction
I just don't see this amazing Zinger appeal. Been watching videos since we drafted him. He's fluid sure, but he looks a step too slow and not explosive. Really curious and potentially worried how this translates in the NBA and once he adds weight.
You guys are banking too much on a guy who's 2 years away.
Meanwhile... Mudiay 11, 6, 3.6 with 4 turnovers a game, shooting 31% from the field and 26% from 3.. oh and 67% from 3 because **** it

I know he's come around on Porzingis so that's not my point 
laugh.gif
 it was just funny seeing JRS talk about people not making any sense after his ALL IN on the Porzingis hate train 
roll.gif

As far as Melo.. it is what it is. I would have much preferred we part ways, get what we could for him, and do a real rebuild. But we kept him so here we are. I still don't know how we compete right now, the only hope is Melo ages gracefully enough, Porzingis emerges, and we find some way to get it done in a couple years. I wouldn't be against letting Melo go and try to find a team where he can win now, but I'm not holding my breath. We're stuck with him so that's all there is to it. I don't think we get enough of a return on trading him to make it worth it... but maybe you take the loss on that trade just to move on and go your separate ways.

Last edited:
draft night & the night we thought we got Reggie Jackson are top 5 NT moments for me

Back
Top Bottom