OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
i forget who wrote the story but they said NBA exec's still think Lopez has trade value

i'm sure Phil could get a guard for him.

Sucks Robin and his brother Brooke look different, if they were straight identical, hell either men could play on either team.

If only Robin was as good as his brother Brook. Something went wrong in the DNA there.

Last edited:
I mean realistically we have to explore all options and no one on this team besides KP should be exempt from getting traded.

I mean realistically we have to explore all options and no one on this team besides KP should be exempt from getting traded.

No one is...

Where the **** is this coming from? :lol:

Are we still under the impression Dolan is running this team? Are we under the impression Phil Jackson is a p*****? The guy whose criticized players 10x better than Melo? (Jordan, Shaq, Kobe)

Do we not know Phil by now? You think Phil is a genuine fan of Melo? :lol:

Last edited:
if Melo wasn't already in NY i doubt Phil would give him $120M

talent on paper is nothing if the coach can't put it all together. Fisher can't be surprised when the offense goes to **** with Seraphin & Thomas being the focal point. STAGGER YOUR LINEUPS. one of our 3 best scorers (KP/Melo/Afflalo) needs to be in at all times. why he refuses to do simple things is beyond me. i don't know what else to say at this point.

When we get a better pg hopefully we can find more offense for this team...thats the biggest problem right now.

I wanna see Jerian Grant become real aggressive man...now is the perfect time for him to get out on the floor and attempt to play in over his head...havent seen too much leadership/competitiveness from him so I wonder what his mindset is like at the moment.

Need a PG baddddddly for real a leader. Jose a leader but he too old he serves his role as a shotmaker n floor general well but thats about it!
A pg could probably help lopez get more mins and take us to the next level man damn a lowry/rjackson would be dope right now

Aside from Melo, AA and KP we have a team full of 8th-10th men.
this is most teams though i think. galloway is pretty good. thomas has his moments (i think better moments than not as long as he doesn't get more mins that he deserves), kyle o'quinn can definitely contribute, calderon has been playing well. team is capable of winning more games. fisher is to blame the most, but we have some high salary players who've been lagging behind and not performing to their ability yet still getting minutes

i know some of you dont like to hear it, but i'm convinced at this point carmelo is just getting in the way

He's the worst "superstar" in the league. These BS empty stats, forced shots, and playing like an idiot arent gonna cut it.

Also, Caldo really needs to stop looking off KP. Its blatant at this point. You're the ******* PG man feed the open man, hot man, or mismatch.

The only way I see Lopez being traded is for some kind of Rubio + Dieng package. But he's really not the problem.

Fisher is the root of all evil.

Last edited:
The main issues in this team are..

1. Fisher - outside of the fact he does absolutely nothing OK or average and hes a complete jackass he's awesome

2. Melo - His offensive game has gone to ****. Can't finish, can't shoot, can't get buckets in the 4th, can't get to the line (not his fault), and forces bad shots every game that don't ever go in. He's played really good defense, passed well, and rebounded but unfortunately we're not paying him 22 mill to be a less efficient and way less athletic Andre Iguodala.

3. Robin Lopez - 14 mill a year to barely play at all and when he does play only thing he does is slow down the offense, turn the ball over, get scored on, and don't rebound.

4. Kevin Seraphin - Easily my most hated player on the team. He's a ******* ball stopper like I've never seen before the epitome of a black hole. The worst thing is him actually making a shot cause u know the next one is going up next time he touches the ball. Tbh that doesn't even matter if he misses he'll shoot again until he makes it, then he'll shoot it again after that. He should get ZERO minutes

5. Fisher - just because he plays that ************ Seraphin so much minutes and ignores KOQ he's on the list twice

Last edited:
This really is becoming a rookie's team and its crazy. This isnt no Jeremy Lin story either, Melo can easily adjust to becoming more of a facilitator and start running that PnR 20x a game. Everyone is happy when the team is winning.

Until Melo starts ballin again, and winning us games it's F Melo. Superstars are supposed to do superstar things.

stopped watching at the half.
Dallas had been going to work, and Fisher didnt change anything.

2 main problems during the game.

- going under screens on shooters
- EASILY switching on 1/3 or 1/4 PnRs

those 2 things led to Dallas' hot start shooting wise.
which then gave all their shooters confidence

Fisher is the WORST at ingame adjustments.
costing us games just for that

also, the Galloway juice has run out. dudes been missing even before the crossover.
RIP Langston |I

we switched everything tonight.

guys could've easily went over the screen but i guess Fish told em to switch everything. lazy defense.

Last edited:
This really is becoming a rookie's team and its crazy. This isnt no Jeremy Lin story either, Melo can easily adjust to becoming more of a facilitator and start running that PnR 20x a game. Everyone is happy when the team is winning.

Melo is going to have to learn to adjust because he hasn't got the leverage he had when Lin was here.

Until Melo starts ballin again, and winning us games it's F Melo. Superstars are supposed to do superstar things.

Don't want to get into this debate but he's never been a superstar anyways, so don't start expecting some miraculous change...

Melo has just really always dissaponted the hell out of me but I always thought his game and his style would actually improve going into his mid 30's, he never relied on athleticism so I thought he'd get finer with age (sort of like Dirk did) but he still makes bone-head and ridiculous mistakes, still taking terrible shots, still lacks awareness.

I really don't get this dude, never have and probably never will. But we don't have a draft pick this season so he really does need to step up. The playoffs are all on him.

Just wish he could be the veteran he's supposed to be. Shoot over 45%, get free throws, shoot 40% from three....I mean this shouldn't be hard to do given his skill set, but he might just never get it, he might never be able to understand.

Oh well bros, where's Proph?

Last edited:
The biggest problem is Melo isn't crafty. That's the difference between him and a player he gets compared to often in Paul Pierce. He wants to force his way to score, he's a bull in a china shop, instead of finding alternatives to getting points. He could learn a lot from watching how Pierce approaches the game.

Paul would find a spot on the floor and weigh out his options. Takes his time to feel out the defender and wait until he gets the best angle or the smallest amount of space needed. Melo finds a spot and says, "I'm gonna take and make this shot cause I'm Carmelo MFing Anthony" and that's the problem. He can make the adjustment if he's willing to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom