OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Don't flame me, but, what if Melo isn't 100%? I can see that being a legit possibility. What else can explain his play.
yeah maybe, but he's also taking wild unnecessary shots a lot of the time. showing bad decision-making, slowing the team up, etc

I don't view Melo as the issue. It's the lack of a competent coach and a tertiary player. Afflalo is good but he should be the No. 4 option if we're gonna be a contender.

We play too slow. Melo plays too much ******* hero ball. Lance Thomas and Kevin Seraphin should NEVER shoot the ball more than any of our top three players

Last edited:
Don't flame me, but, what if Melo isn't 100%? I can see that being a legit possibility. What else can explain his play.

yeah maybe, but he's also taking wild unnecessary shots a lot of the time. showing bad decision-making, slowing the team up, etc

THIS

If he playing smarter I wouldn't have a problem but he wants to be "that guy" too much

Last edited:
Wedgie!
indifferent.gif
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Melo isn't THE issue but he definitely isn't helping at times. We can chalk it up to several things but a veteran should know better. At this point he is who he is and I'll give him some credit for making some improvements.

Jose had KP wide open after he made those two threes instead he drives to the hoop and blows the layup

It's all about the future to me, y'all know how I felt about Melo for 4 years now - how many of y'all have I got into crazy disagreements with about Melo? :lol:

But at this point, with KP - Melo's trade value will be the same in Febuary as it is in June, so it's better to ride him out to the end of the year, see how we do in the playoffs.

The best time to have traded Melo and gotten the most value was last January (when I was clamoring for it, yearning it!!) but now? - makes no sense. It can wait until the end of the season. I'm just glad we have Melo as an asset

I don't view Melo as the issue. It's the lack of a competent coach and a tertiary player. Afflalo is good but he should be the No. 4 option if we're gonna be a contender.
Yea our roster is still a work in progress. Melo made a couple bone headedistakes at the end but he also had 8 assists and a lot were to PoRzingis. Hopefully he learns from this game

It's all about the future to me, y'all know how I felt about Melo for 4 years now - how many of y'all have I got into crazy disagreements with about Melo? :lol:

But at this point, with KP - Melo's trade value will be the same in Febuary as it is in June, so it's better to ride him out to the end of the year, see how we do in the playoffs.

The best time to have traded Melo and gotten the most value was last January (when I was clamoring for it, yearning it!!) but now? - makes no sense. It can wait until the end of the season. I'm just glad we have Melo as an asset

Playoffs? We have no shot at the playoffs if fisher is coach all year. 4 games out now and counting

a good P&R guard would take KP to the next level

also once he learns a "go-to" move it's a wrap

Already told yall I want Pau on this team next year...get it done Phil!

Also told yall we're overachieving...our bench is traaaaash

Last edited:
Well be close to .500 and miss the playoffs cause this is the year the East wants to be formidable again. This team won't sniff a 8th seed unless this shmuck Fisher is canned

we'll go as far as Fisher takes us, which is not far

the talent is there to contend for a low playoff seed. it's upnto Fisher to make it work.

There's that word again, BALLS...

Don't criticize Phil for lack of courage, that's the last thing he's had a problem with.

Trading Melo? Phil scared? - please dude :lol:

Back
Top Bottom