OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
The biggest problem is Melo isn't crafty. That's the difference between him and a player he gets compared to often in Paul Pierce. He wants to force his way to score, he's a bull in a china shop, instead of finding alternatives to getting points. That's the main reason his game is suffering. He could learn a lot from watching how Pierce approaches the game.

Paul would find a spot on the floor and weigh out his options. Takes his time to feel out the defender and wait until he gets the best angle or the smallest amount of space needed. Melo finds a spot and says, "I'm gonna take and make this shot cause I'm Carmelo MFing Anthony" and that's the problem. He can make the adjustment if he's willing to.

Feel you, but Melo is turning 32 next year. He is who he is, all these things we want changed - will just never happen. Call a spade a spade man, he is what he is...

I just don't understand the lack of veteran awareness that should come with age, that to me is just ridiculous- makes me think Melo is a really, really stupid individual :lol:

Last edited:
Melo's a smart player. It's mind bottling cause he'll make the extra pass to get us an easy layup then the next time down the floor he'll pull up from 28' on the break. I like what 8PM said. He feels it's his responsibility to dig us out out of the hole we're in but the best way to help is to keep the ball moving to the open man.

Also, I think if Melo wants to get calls he needs to start flopping. I hate flopping but he absorbs contact down low & still gets a shot off so it might not look like a foul in real time.

At the end of the day, Melo needs to do better. He wanted the coaching staff to hold him accountable on defense, I think they should start letting him know forcing shots up isn't the right way to win games.

Last edited:
While I agree that Melo shot terribly, he did have 8 Ast. That's worth noting. He just has to stop playing hero ball & we'll be fine. Very hype to see KP put up numbers as well.

6 of his 8 assists were in the 1st half when the game was relatively close. He's been playing in the flow of the game if the game's close but once we go down 13, 15, etc. that's when he starts forcing the issue. He does things that make you say "Why can't he play like that every game!" but he's not wired that way. His alpha mindset won't let someone else win the game, even if it's the right thing to do.

It might be minor in the grand scheme of things but i have a big issue with Kevin Seraphin taking more shots than Arron Afflalo. Seraphin should NEVER take more shots than our 3rd best player. Never ever. Fisher enabling this nonsense is even worse. He has a long leash with guys like Sasha, Seraphin, & Thomas but O'Quinn has a couple bad games and now he can't get off the bench. It's clear Fisher prefers veteran players to young guys, even when the young guy is the better option. Unless KOQ is doing some crazy **** in practice there's no way he should be getting a DNP-CD game after game.

Anyway, I got class in a few mins. See y'all later. :lol:

Last edited:
Pope, He is rebounding and passing better this year, but he has too, the pressure is on him to do so. He doesn't have the luxury of being lazy anymore not that KP is holding his own -

Thats not the issue tho...his lack of awareness and shot taking is not on the veteran you'd expect.

Last edited:
Pope, He is rebounding and passing better this year, but he has too, the pressure is on him to do so. He doesn't have the luxury of being lazy anymore not that KP is holding his own -

Thats not the issue tho...his lack of awareness and shot taking is not on the veteran you'd expect.
I feel you. I see the problems game by game. I really do feel like he has that "hero-ball" mentality & that won't work w/ this team. When we move the ball, we win. Barring Fisher doesn't make any stupid lineup changes.

Carmelo is passing the same amount this year as he does every year. He's perennially had 6.1-6.4 potential assists per game since being here. So he's not doing it because he has to, he's doing it because it's who he's been.

His passes per game are down about 3-4 passes from where they've been in the past 2 years, but he's also playing fewer minutes so it balances out.

His rebounding numbers are also in line with the past 2 seasons and his rebounding chances are up this year, which is probably the result of RoLo and Porzingis being out there, boxing guys out and freeing up Melo to board.

So again, it's not because he has to, it's because it's who he is and has better talent around him to make it easier to execute on those ends.

Offensively, he's still finding his rhythm and needs to just cut back on some of these too quick shots.

Last edited:
First he needs to cut back on those quick shots, then he needs to stop holding the ball for so long.

He rarely ever finds some kind of balance imo.

carmelo anthony still trying to find his rhythm 20 games into the season is kind of disconcerting, no?

he's had like 7 months of rehab and practice time to adjust to this new team. he needs more time?

he's not playing well

Last edited:
Melo should've took his talents to South Beach because he will never lead a team to a championship

Shved was a looter in a riot last year

someone has to put up stats on an awful team

Melo should've took his talents to South Beach because he will never lead a team to a championship

is Melo never ever being capable of leading a team to a championship breaking news to you bro? Is this something you just realized? :lol:

I could have told you this in 2009 btw :lol:

Last edited:
Melo and Lopez for Hassan Whiteside and Justice Winslow :nerd:

Get it done Phil! Miami and Pat Riley are still tight about LeBron, they're capable of making bad last min decisions :lol:

(I wish)

I actually hated the trade that brought Melo to us. Denver called our Bluff and we gave in and gave them waaaay to much.

I would rather see Wilson chandler and Gallinari on this team any day rather than Melo. Guarantee we would have more wins

No point in trading Melo guys. Zero chance we get something equal or better in return. Its better to add pieces around him and KP at this point.

Oh look. #MeloTradeTalk :rolleyes Dont think I've seen a fanbase dog out theit best player like this. Then when they trade him for a bag of chips and an ezpass y'all will be upset. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom