**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

We weren't getting D-Will so stop wishing we would've traded for him instead.

Actually Utah planned on trading him to whoever lost out on Melo. So it was entirely possible we could have gotten him.

Where did you hear/read that?  Have not heard anything like that since the trade went down.
I think Wojo from Yahoo said that the Jazz were willing to offer Williams as a consolation prize. Can't find the article though.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Throughout all the chaos let's look on the bright side

I'm in the championship for the Fantasy League
I cant believe you caught up in points on the last day. smh
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

We weren't getting D-Will so stop wishing we would've traded for him instead.

Actually Utah planned on trading him to whoever lost out on Melo. So it was entirely possible we could have gotten him.

I don't need this thought in my mind.

http://aol.sportingnews.c...illiams-might-be-a-knick

Utah Jazz GM Kevin O’Connor planned all along to reach out to the loser of the Carmelo Anthony sweepstakes to discuss trading star point guard Deron Williams, O’Connor told NBA Confidential. In other words, had the Nets closed a deal for Anthony, O’Connor would have called Knicks president Donnie Walsh to try to work out a deal to send Williams to New York. Williams, of course, was dealt to the Nets.

The website asked O’Connor, “In relation to the Nets and the Knicks. I was talking to Donnie about it, and it sounded like you essentially waited to see how Melo’s situation transpired and went to the loser in those sweepstakes.

Carmelo Anthony: Knicks face must-win

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- For his first 19 games as a member of the New York Knicks, Carmelo Anthony preached patience when he talked about the team's struggles.

Apparently, the time for patience is now over because Anthony said Monday's game against Orlando is a must-win.

Carmelo Anthony - 3/28
Knicks SF Carmelo Anthony comments on the team's mindset going into Monday's game with the Magic saying it's, "almost a must win."

More Podcasts »

"For our own confidence, our own satisfaction, it's a must-win for us," Anthony said after the team's shootaround Monday morning. "I think if we approach the game like that tonight, good things will happen."

The Knicks have lost six straight and are three games below .500 for the first time since Nov. 19. They are just 7-12 since trading for Anthony on Feb. 21 and enter play Monday in seventh place in the Eastern Conference, three games ahead of Indiana for the conference's eighth and final playoff spot.

The Knicks took Sunday off after a 114-106 road loss to Charlotte on Saturday night. Coach Mike D'Antoni held a morning shootaround on the day of a home game for the first time this season on Monday.

He said after the shootaround that the team has struggled to play with intensity for a full 48 minutes during its skid, adding that it was time to "draw a line in the sand and play as hard as we can play." The coach also was concerned about consecutive losses taking a toll on the Knicks' mental approach.

"We're not a real confident team right now because we're losing all the time," he said.

Knicks Blog
Looking for more information on your Knicks? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

The Knicks have lost all three games to Orlando this season, the last coming at the Garden on March 23 when they were outscored by 11 in the fourth quarter of a 111-99 loss. Fourth-quarter struggles have been a common theme throughout the Knicks' recent skid. They've also struggled against the teams behind them in the standings, losing eight games to Eastern Conference squads with losing records since acquiring Anthony.

Anthony on Monday seemed confident that the Knicks would improve their play late in games.

"Me and Amare [Stoudemire] are two guys who can close out games, Chauncey [Billups] is a guy who can close out games," he said. "We've been in situations where we close out games before so ... we've just got to figure out what's really going on out there in the fourth quarter and just get it done."

Knicks general manager Donnie Walsh expressed concern that the team's side -- New York has lost lost nine of 10 -- is affecting his coach. The six-game losing streak is tied for a season-high. The Knicks also suffered through six-game skids in November and January.

"It's not easy to lose anywhere in the franchise but the coach is on the front line and it can get old," Walsh said. "You're going to go home at night, not sleep. The only thing I've said to Mike, 'Don't get overwrought with this thing,' because most coaches do. They go home and they're thinking about it, they don't sleep. Some of them come in early in the morning and go over film and that kind of stuff. I hope he's not doing that because I'm sure he's doing every single thing he can do."

D'Antoni has tweaked the starting lineup recently, inserting Toney Douglas in at guard and forcing rookie Landry Fields to the bench. The coach did not provide a starting lineup for the Orlando game on Monday morning.

D'Antoni has also opted to rest his team twice in recent days instead of practicing. He said Monday's shootaround was a product of the schedule (the Knicks returned home early Sunday morning after the Charlotte game) and was non-committal when asked if he'd hold morning shootarounds for the rest of the season.

Anthony, who referred to the Magic game as a must-win twice on Monday after saying earlier in the interview that it was 'almost a must-win', noted that the team appreciated Sunday's off-day.

"Just to get a chance to rest and not do anything, just rejuvenate our bodies," Anthony said.

The Knicks have played six sets of back-to-back games in March and twice have played four games in five nights. In all, they are scheduled to play 18 games this month. 

Should get interesting tonight fellas
eek.gif

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Knicks Could Pull Billups $14.3M Contract For 11-12[/h3]
Mar 28, 2011 11:25 AM EDT

Billups_Chauncey_nyk_110226.jpg

Chauncey Billups may not be guaranteed his $14.3 million payday for the 11-12 season after all.

When Billups was traded to the Knicks, Donnie Walsh declined agentAndy Miller's offer to reach agreement on the final guaranteed year,which has become a better move in hindsight.

The Knicks could Billups out at $3 million and use cap space topursue a big man such as DeAndre Jordan or Marc Gasol, two playersWalsh has identified. Because of New York's struggles, Billups couldconceivably be more amicable to becoming a free agent to sign elsewhere.

Looks like we are going after a big guy no matter what in the free agent class
pimp.gif
i dig!

and if that is the case...we must be using our first round pick to draft a point guard....imagine the ovation kemba would get if the knicks drafted him...especially since he from the bx

I usually keep up with the score in class but everytime I do that these guys are trailing.
I'll just look at the score when I get home, focus more on sociology.......

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by NooEra

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

If Jon Barry used NT, dude would be the biggest troll in this thread in history..He would be commenting on every page..This guy slurps the Knicks and finds every possible opportunity to criticize/clown the Knicks whenever he's on ESPN..It just boggles my mind that a guy that won NOTHING in the NBA and was essentially coming off the bench his entire career has the nerve to talk negatively about ANYONE....Where does ESPN find these guys?

It's almost like a fan of a 14 win Cleveland team talking trash about his team being good..Oh wait.
grin.gif
those who can't do, teach.

No offense to any teachers here

Might be one of the stupidest things ive ever read on NT. (1) Dude is analyzing , not coaching . (2) And how could a teacher teach if they have no knowledge on the subject ? A great player doesnt automatically equal a great mind for the game . Using your logic , no one in this thread is allowed to criticize anyone in the NBA, ever .Let's get serious.

Back on topic ; keep your heads up Knicks fans . I (3) guaruntee in 1-2 years cats will be looking back
on this thread wondering why ya'll were so worried .
you have either never heard the expression or you fail to see the connection.

1. Yes he is paid to analyze. It's one thing to analyze and critique, but there are times that he takes it too far. 

Having knowledge of a subject and putting it into practice are two different things. Barry played in the league. He knows what it takes to make it, but he doesn't have the skill or talent that Amar'e and Melo possess.  But now that he's a talking head he gets to bash them?

3. guarantee

The grammar police be lurking in S + T ? Get the @#!$ outta here with that corny +!%@ son.

And it doesnt matter whether Barry has the skill or talent that Melo does . He Sees Trash play and acknowledges it. Just like Trent Dilfer. Dude was awful but at the end of the day he gets paid to critique. Barry cant be worse than some of negative dudes in this in this thread thats for sure.

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

pimp.gif
i dig!

and if that is the case...we must be using our first round pick to draft a point guard....imagine the ovation kemba would get if the knicks drafted him...especially since he from the bx
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NooEra

And it doesnt matter whether Barry has the skill or talent that Melo does . He Sees Trash play and acknowledges it. Just like Trent Dilfer. Dude was awful but at the end of the day he gets paid to critique. Barry cant be worse than some of negative dudes in this in this thread thats for sure.

he's been all over the knicks since day one. It's obvious he has an issue with the team. Just like McNulty had and issue with the team, but he changed his tune as soon as he found out melo only wanted to come here.

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

pimp.gif
i dig!

mhmm, Can Kemba even fall that far down? And Houston can switch picks with the Knicks right?

Mock draft I just looked at has him going 18 to the Wolves. If theres a position the Wolves are slim at, its point guard.

Just looked at a mock draft and they have us passing on Kemba and Nolan Smith to pick ANOTHER Euro trash player
30t6p3b.gif

Also they have Derrick Williams going 1st
eek.gif

What do you guys think of Jacob Pullen?

Originally Posted by DubA169

sick of Donnie babying Dantoni. That's the perception I get at least.

Word, blaming himself

I dont see Dantoni as a coach that pushes his players, except TD, he stay screaming at him.

I'd take Matt Howard with a later first rounder if Donnie could buy one. If not and he somehow gets a second rounder, I'd like to take a look at Alex Tyus.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Dream scenario for offseason: Draft brandon knight, sign DeAndre Jordan

if that happen that would be a huge upgrade to this roster and i wouldn't be mad if kemba slipped to us instead
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom