**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by DubA169

you don't think weather and no state tax make a difference? they also don't have to deal with the worst media in the world
That was a better point
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

i've never seen a "point guard" with bball IQ as low as toney douglas. yes, he works hard on man to man defense, but this guys just a DUMB player. and i don't care if he has another random 22 point game. he sucks and makes a crazy amount of dumb plays. he plays with this chip on his shoulder and like he needs to prove something, but it just makes the team worse. dude needs to stop trying to fill in the void nate left as the spark off the bench. idk what d'antoni and the staff have been telling him to do to develop, but i think they're to blame also if they're letting him be a clown every game. i didn't think it was possible for a young PG playing for d'antoni and a LEGIT part of the rotation to get worse from his rookie year (yes his numbers are slightly higher, but so are his minutes. his FG% is crap compared to last year.)

you know that its bad to watch douglas when he makes me enjoy watching anthony carter SMH. i used to think AC was a certified bum, but toney douglas has given me a new appreciation for even the semi-intelligent pure point guards of the world.

i hope chauncey is 100% for tomorrow although from the looks of it i doubt it. cp3 is supposed to be the final step in the NYK big 3 plan, and chauncey has busted NO's %+# before in the playoffs. you know he was ready to go as hard as he can to win his battle in the PG position with paul tomorrow.
I had to double check and make sure it wasn't me who wrote this.

Ill take

16 PPG
4 RPG
2.4 SPG
9.5 APG
47% FT
89% FT
42% 3PT

From an injured PG anyday of the week

but that would be it. literally nobody else on the team except scrubs. so easy for things to go wrong quick

Tough loss, but I wasn't totally pissed off, because of the effort.

There was definitely strong effort again on defense. Dwight just wore us down towards the end and everything else started to open up for the others. Jameer going on the mini-run by himself had me pretty tight though. That's what basically won the game.

The big 3 came with it, 85 points.

Chauncey getting to the line 20 times.
eek.gif
Easily. When we getting that many opportunities from the PG at the line we always going to be in games. The injury stopped our momentum and stopped him from getting to the line some more.

Amare played hard, but should have had more then 2 rebounds
30t6p3b.gif
, 6 or 7 probably would have been enough.

Melo is still struggling, and it's probably because of his elbow. But he's still getting us 25+. No knock on Gallo or Will, but if either one of them one have been struggling with their shooting they wouldn't still be able to get us that 25. He's still aggressive. Although I think he should have been trying to get Amare the ball at the end of the 4th, he ended up forcing a couple shots towards the end.

Landry Fields gotta get it together.

edit- Hopefully the Billups injury isn't bad.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Tough loss, but I wasn't totally pissed off, because of the effort.

There was definitely strong effort again on defense. Dwight just wore us down towards the end and everything else started to open up for the others. Jameer going on the mini-run by himself had me pretty tight though. That's what basically won the game.

The big 3 came with it, 85 points.

Chauncey getting to the line 20 times.
eek.gif
Easily. When we getting that many opportunities from the PG at the line we always going to be in games. The injury stopped our momentum and stopped him from getting to the line some more.

Amare played hard, but should have had more then 2 rebounds
30t6p3b.gif
, 6 or 7 probably would have been enough.

Melo is still struggling, and it's probably because of his elbow. But he's still getting us 25+. No knock on Gallo or Will, but if either one of them one have been struggling with their shooting they wouldn't still be able to get us that 25. He's still aggressive. Although I think he should have been trying to get Amare the ball at the end of the 4th, he ended up forcing a couple shots towards the end.

Landry Fields gotta get it together.

edit- Hopefully the Billups injury isn't bad.

Billups said it would take more than a leg contusion to keep him out of a home game like this vs. the Hornets.

throwback i think dantoni quit when the suns asked him to get a defensive coach. he's very stubborn. But yes i think donnie should force one on him this off season.

Originally Posted by DubA169

throwback i think dantoni quit when the suns asked him to get a defensive coach. he's very stubborn. But yes i think donnie should force one on him this off season.

well if he needs one forced on him, so be it. We need a guy ala Tom Thiboedau (yeah I jacked it up)

to help us how he did with the Celts as an assistant. And shoot look what he's doing with Chicago as hard as that is to admit.
Even a Mike Brown had exp w/ San Antonio as an assistant. Lawrence Frank humbled himself and took an assistant coach job and so did Sam Mitchell. why not mike brown.
Maybe I'm wildin but, we need someone to constantly preach defense, not only in little spurts. I don't care who it is.

Herb Williams ?
laugh.gif

I said a couple pages back that D'Antoni could still be the Head Coach if they brought in a defensive coach.

And I'm more on the side of signing 3 good pieces > 1 superstar route.

i dunno i typed knicks defensive coach into google and didn't get an answer. maybe dan dantoni

That's crazy.. how do u think Mike would take it if we hired let's say, Mike Brown as our defensive coach

i think he would throw a temper tantrum and possibly quit. it should be done in the off season anyway, not now

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

When Douglas came in after Billups was taken out, and jacked a 3 immediately....game was over.

Exactly, as soon as he did that I threw my phone. Game was over, if it wasn't for the Charlie Sheen interview, I would have been tight the whole night. Such a bad L, we had that game. Out played them and everything.
Anyone else notice Melo getting hacked and hit non stop but no calls at all???

He would quit because we are trying to improve our team.. and improve our defense ?

We should fire him now if that was true lol

Back
Top Bottom