**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

As bad as Melo and Fields played and we have no center.. we were up till end of the 3rd..

Nelson just had a good streak.. pretty much why we lost

I'm actually happy bout gettin Jeffries back.. lol

ohwell.gif

Wifey got me ticks for the Knicks/Hornets game since CP3 s my favorite PG. Should be fun 6 rows up from the court.

The Knicks looked bad tonight. Here's hoping Billups heals but if anything we dont need him rushing back; we need him as fresh as possible for the postseason. Douglas is atrocious and Carter thinks he has a green light.

I hate seeing Shawne at the 5 though it's not his fault.

i've never seen a "point guard" with bball IQ as low as toney douglas. yes, he works hard on man to man defense, but this guys just a DUMB player. and i don't care if he has another random 22 point game. he sucks and makes a crazy amount of dumb plays. he plays with this chip on his shoulder and like he needs to prove something, but it just makes the team worse. dude needs to stop trying to fill in the void nate left as the spark off the bench. idk what d'antoni and the staff have been telling him to do to develop, but i think they're to blame also if they're letting him be a clown every game. i didn't think it was possible for a young PG playing for d'antoni and a LEGIT part of the rotation to get worse from his rookie year (yes his numbers are slightly higher, but so are his minutes. his FG% is crap compared to last year.)

you know that its bad to watch douglas when he makes me enjoy watching anthony carter SMH. i used to think AC was a certified bum, but toney douglas has given me a new appreciation for even the semi-intelligent pure point guards of the world.

i hope chauncey is 100% for tomorrow although from the looks of it i doubt it. cp3 is supposed to be the final step in the NYK big 3 plan, and chauncey has busted NO's %+# before in the playoffs. you know he was ready to go as hard as he can to win his battle in the PG position with paul tomorrow.

Knicks really need a center, Dwight will have do that all day against this team.

Melo didnt play to well, and Jameer just went off.

Shooting overall by everyone was pretty bad.

Bounce back game vs NOH tho

and i've found a video reenactment of landry fields the day he woke up after the melo trade

Spoiler [+]

just replace the girl with andy rautins

yo magnus how much were those tix for that game? did your girl tell you?

anyhow, what do you guys think jared would have been able to do tonight to help us win? Hold down nelson? HE went in
30t6p3b.gif
I really thought we coulda walked away from florida 2-0

I still find it hard to believe Turiaf is 6'10. I stay thinking this dude is 6'7 at Max. Dude was gettin brutalized tonight.

I'm gonna make a pessimistic statement and a optimistic statement to satisfy the entire realm of Knicks fans
laugh.gif

Pessimistic Statement: We took SEVENTEEN more shots than them..That means we had 17 more possessions than them and STILL lost by 6..Yeah I know we scored 110 but that's a pretty inefficient offense.

Optimistic Statement: We competed pretty much the entire game..Even when we were down 12 early in the game, we still played fairly smart and our floor spacing has vastly improved. Melo isn't 100% the Melo we've seen before and I'm thinking the elbow might be part of it..Essentially this is only the 4th game so there's still time for the chemistry to build.

Pessimistic Statement 1.5: Our supporting cast as of now is playing HORRIBLE..Our "Big 3" scored 85 points out of 110..for us to lose with that kind of scoring is unacceptable..The Celtics philosophy against teams with stars in the playoffs is to let the stars have fun while they lock down on the supporting cast..If they do that to us we would be screwed because besides Melo/STAT/Big Shot, nobody would be able to create their own shot..We NEED Landry to adjust to this new team ASAP so he can contribute..If Landry scores 15 points today, we win that game fairly easily.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

and i've found a video reenactment of landry fields the day he woke up after the melo trade

Spoiler [+]
�

just replace the girl with andy rautins
Son has literally lost his mojo. I don't get why having Melo around has him so shook. I hope he gets it back soon cuz he was my favorite player on the Knicks before the trade.

To comment on the Chauncey-Cp3 issue brought up by nychiphophippo I'd really consider signing Chauncey to a reasonable extension even if we're going after Paul or a 3rd star. Just get rid of TD. Chauncey would be the ultimate backup if things came together like that.

As for what Jeffries brings, height, hopefully rebounds, more shot blocking, and probably one of if not the best defender on the team. Lets see if what he said in that joke coming home vid is true. Maybe we will all appreciate what he does for a good team. He watched the game so he should see what we're lacking.

I have to be optimistic with his signing btw.

While Jeffries is most definitely a step in the right direction, he isn't going to help us the next time we see Dwight. It was just sad watching us try to defend DH12 with Williams most of the game. He competed, yes, but was getting bodied and manhandled most of the time. The search for a big man continues.

I want to see Landry and Walker develop a bit of an off the dribble game. Walker can somewhat do that, he's shown it from time to time, and some that athletic should be a threat off the dribble.
Landry shoots high %'s but he can make it easier for himself and others if he picks it up in that area. I like this team a lot though....the potential is there.

^^ even before that comment, I came to realize that we're likely to get Chris Paul over any other free agent that summer. (Assuming we have the cap by then)

IMO a great pg > a dominant big. especially for us. All we need is a Will Purdue/Wellington/Longley type center. Man I hate that I referenced the cows

i still think somehow he finds his way to the lakers and becomes a corny version of shaq. i'm very happy that perkins is out of the east.

is taking 30 3's the coach's fault or the player's fault? that's what i think lost the game more than anything

i'm not a huge chris paul fan. would much, much rather have a dominant center or 3 pieces. i don't think we should spend the rest of our money on an injured point guard. we would have no bench and miami would get more vets than us because of the weather and no state tax

laugh.gif
@ those being the reasons MIA would be more attractive than NY.

I see us going after Paul. I find it strange Paul is all of a sudden an injured pg after his one major injury. Sound like some of the same stuff ppl were saying about STAT when he signed here. As if we're talking about maxing out Brandon Roy.

It's way too early too even speculate about 2012 FAs but I see no problem with going after a great pg especially if Pringles is still here. Also where are these dominant centers to even pursue? Outside of Dwight in the entire league who else can claim they are a dominant center?

The way Dwight treated our team is how he treats just about every other team in the L. So unless Donnie is gonna really luck out with some amazing prodigy center picked in the 2nd round it's not worth going in to like there's a lot of these guys to be had out there. Maybe we'll go foreign again.

We'd be fine with a couple of bigs that can run the floor a bit like Pryz, Dalembert or even McGee. We just need more shot blockers/intimidators that'll effect shots of penetrating guards in the paint.

you don't think weather and no state tax make a difference? they also don't have to deal with the worst media in the world

Back
Top Bottom