**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

We'll be alright.
we will. considering a good portion of our team played like crap we still only lost by like 7 pts

giving up 60 something points in the second half is a huge problem

now, who's fault is that?

Jameer Nelson touched us
frown.gif

But after our play tonight...when we get more chemistry I have more confidence of us moving farther in the playoffs based on the intangibles we've did (mainly Billups & Shawne)

This should have been a W. Dumb play in the 4th quarter. I am dissapoints. Hopefully Billups is OK dude is so important...just look at what Douglas did today.

We lost because:

Chauncey doesn't have the speed to keep up with Jameer
Dwight is a beast in the paint
Melo had an off night
Stat couldn't get any rebounds

We played well early on though, this team is still gelling....could've had a different outcome if we were able to keep up on offense and put someone else on Jameer.

Even though we won, we were outplayed for a large part of the game. You guys took a lot of 3's, but on the bright side 8 turnovers.

its a good thing philly lost too....
grin.gif

i have a feeling that we are going to be mad tired for tmrws game,
but the hornets lost to the raps, so it shouldnt be that bad....

fields doubled up the next top rebounder hahaha

but fields lost his mojo on the offensive side. growing pains. not too mad about this loss. douglas sucks hard

Originally Posted by rashi

Even though we won, we were outplayed for a large part of the game. You guys took a lot of 3's, but on the bright side 8 turnovers.

This doesn't make us feel better

Douglas is a bum. Enough said. I hope Billups gets a good night. I feel bad for him. He has to guard CP3 tomorrow.

When Douglas came in after Billups was taken out, and jacked a 3 immediately....game was over.

Fields has just been a bit too tentative since Melo came, its a new team he just needs to get comfortable again. Dude must be star struck.
laugh.gif

We blew this game, would've been amazing to win Vs Miami and Orlando in back to back games, but they were just rattled in the 4th after Jameer just got on a hot streak.

Tomm is another game, hopefully Billups can play but regardless he would be limited (if he does play), which means more Douglas.
sick.gif

Tough game. Playoff atmosphere for sure.

No defensive presence in the paint, +@%! Jameer Nelson and Pringles for not making the correct adjustments in the 4th. Kevin McHale was right, he should've took out Fields and put in Carter to defend Jameer and put Chauncey on w/e sg was out there.

To think Nelson would kill us in the 4th
30t6p3b.gif
and Dwight got 3 or 4 touches. +@%! Quentin too. He aint no defensive stopper. they just stopped calling fouls when Melo had the ball

indifferent.gif
@ Fields being on the court not having any balls.

When the Knicks had the lead they chucked up so many unnecessary 3s it made no sense.  Why not just try to get easy buckets.  They got to comfortable with the lead and Magic just caught on fire with Nelson and closed it out.

Some stats that may hurt your feelings:
Bench scoring- Magic 44points vs NYK 11points
3pt shots- Magic 8/18 vs NYK 7/30
NYK player Fields was our top rebounder with 11
In summary, we take WAY too many 3pointers, our bench sucks, and we need some rebounders on this team. Where's Kevin Love and Dennis Rodman?
We should've won this game.

chauncey don't look good at all... this injury really hurt him... i hope one of our point guards can step up but it looks bleak

Originally Posted by you go boy

chauncey don't look good at all... this injury really hurt him... i hope one of our point guards can step up but it looks bleak

huh? the injury happened around the last three minutes

If we didn't have a game tomorrow, I wouldn't be worried about Chauncey's injury, but yeah...it won't be pretty against CP3.

did you see him at the press conference? he was limping... it can only get worse once he wakes up... i hope he plays since our backups are bums but i doubt it

Back
Top Bottom