**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

OT but watching the movie spacejam sheeeeeshhh 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Patrick Ewing missing those free throws and getting hit my the ball 
roll.gif

"Regardless of [whether] this is my second game or third game, for us it should... be a statement game. For us to come out here, we want to beat this team...We want to make a statement right now." - Carmelo Anthony
pimp.gif

we didn't beat the heat with his adjustments, we got lucky that shawne williams was able to lock down lebron for one magical night and gallo and fields hit key threes (who would have been in anyway because they are starters)

he's awful and making adjustments in a game. i've never seen one person in the entire season thread say that dantoni out coached the opponent. not one. our players win in spite of his adjustments and "system", not because of it.

just wait and watch gallo and chandler become monster defenders, and not just hang around the perimeter.

i keep reading that we can't even go for certain centers because they don't fit his system. %#*+ his stupid, gimmick, playground system

Originally Posted by DubA169

we didn't beat the heat with his adjustments, we got lucky that shawne williams was able to lock down lebron for one magical night and gallo and fields hit key threes (who would have been in anyway because they are starters)

he's awful and making adjustments in a game. i've never seen one person in the entire season thread say that dantoni out coached the opponent. not one. our players win in spite of his adjustments and "system", not because of it.

just wait and watch gallo and chandler become monster defenders, and not just hang around the perimeter.

i keep reading that we can't even go for certain centers because they don't fit his system. %#*+ his stupid, gimmick, playground system

I'll Allow It!!!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by The Wizard

yeah the Nets one. I've been reading up on him & it looks like he's been developing his game and stuff.

what's the worst that happens, he goes crazy & we cut him.Shawne Williams cuts him.
Fixed*
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'd take Sean Williams, he's young, athletic, long and not a +%!##.

Originally Posted by DubA169

i agree
smokin.gif

Jesus Christ dude we get it... every other post is a complaint about the coach, there's nothing we can do about it. He's not a perfect coach but there aren't a lot of good ones available right now and don't say Jerry Sloan or Phil Jackson next year either. Yeah let's fire him right now, with a new group of players, 25 games left and see how we do.

"Wait and watch Gallo become a monster defender"
roll.gif
GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK! He doesn't stress defense and he's poor at making in-game adjustments, no one is arguing that. You say no one says he outcoached our opponent all season, well maybe because the coach never gets ANY credit when we win. When we lose it's because he didn't play Anthony Randolph 15 minutes/game or because he made a mistake... not Amare getting outrebounded or playing awful defense, not Felton taking idiotic shots (because after all that's D'Antoni's fault since he likes 3's), not our players never boxing out... it's always the coach. Yet when we win, it's "because the players stepped up" despite D'Antoni. You don't think that's a little unfair? You're not being AT ALL irrational?

Let's go hire Mark Jackson right now and we can live by his defensive principles: "Hand down, man down" and see how we do.

That's the ticket.

One of the reasons you hire a guy like D'Antoni is because players like him and his "gimmick system" attracts players. It's not like he has a lifetime contract and can never be fired, he gets us to the playoffs and he's here another year. Unless we have an awful stretch of games (which no fan should want), he'll probably be here another year. Maybe by then some better candidates open up and we have some real options.

I love how everybody was saying "YOU'RE CONSIDERING LOSING CARMELO TO KEEP GALLO AND CHANDLER?!?!" "GALLO IS A BUM AND D'ANTONI'S PET" then once we trade them to get Carmelo, everyone is claiming that Gallo/Chandler are about to become great defenders and improve as all around players? Gallo and Chandler have played well since going to the Nuggets, but people are judging them over a 2 game stretch..If u look at ANY player in this league over 2 of their better games, 75% of the guys in the NBA would look like solid/great players.

You don't have to force defensive minded players to play hard defense..One saying that always comes to mind is "You can't coach hustle"..Which is true..A player either wants to hustle for loose balls/rebounds or he doesn't...David Lee hustled for rebounds but he played crap defense because he's just a bad defender..Run and gun system or not, if a player had the mindset to play hard defense, he's gonna do it..Was Carmelo ever in his career considered a hustle player? Amar'e? Billups? No, no, and no..I don't like D'Antoni as a coach either but you can't blame him for players that haven't played defense their entire career

the money, the garden, and the city of new york attracted melo and amare. Not dantoni's gimmick syststem. you know why players say they like his system? because it allows you to jack up shots and not be held accountable. unless you are the 9th man on the bench, then dantoni will make an example out of you by putting you in the doghouse

if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. nobody to play for dantoni has ever said anything different. he's all offense and stubborn to change his ways

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Jesus Christ dude we get it... every other post is a complaint about the coach, there's nothing we can do about it. He's not a perfect coach but there aren't a lot of good ones available right now and don't say Jerry Sloan or Phil Jackson next year either. Yeah let's fire him right now, with a new group of players, 25 games left and see how we do.

"Wait and watch Gallo become a monster defender"
roll.gif
GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK! He doesn't stress defense and he's poor at making in-game adjustments, no one is arguing that. You say no one says he outcoached our opponent all season, well maybe because the coach never gets ANY credit when we win. When we lose it's because he didn't play Anthony Randolph 15 minutes/game or because he made a mistake... not Amare getting outrebounded or playing awful defense, not Felton taking idiotic shots (because after all that's D'Antoni's fault since he likes 3's), not our players never boxing out... it's always the coach. Yet when we win, it's "because the players stepped up" despite D'Antoni. You don't think that's a little unfair? You're not being AT ALL irrational?

Let's go hire Mark Jackson right now and we can live by his defensive principles: "Hand down, man down" and see how we do.

That's the ticket.

One of the reasons you hire a guy like D'Antoni is because players like him and his "gimmick system" attracts players. It's not like he has a lifetime contract and can never be fired, he gets us to the playoffs and he's here another year. Unless we have an awful stretch of games (which no fan should want), he'll probably be here another year. Maybe by then some better candidates open up and we have some real options.
This.

It gets extremely tired. D'Antoni isn't a great coach and we'd all like a better one. Our coach is offensive minded. When D'Antoni sets up a play in crunch time he doesn't get praised, the players do if the shot goes in. If you're looking for defensive adjustments you're wasting your time. All this complaining doesn't make sense. Would you prefer Zeke to still be coaching? When we hired Mike who else that was better was available?

I mean who has he out coached? The way we've been talking about him that's just a stupid question cuz apparently he'd NEVER out coached anyone, right?

D'Antoni basically has a 1 year to prove he can become a more balanced coach, if not..by all means, lets take a look around. asking for the guy to get canned now just is a waste of breath. he probably has 1 more year, like it or not.

some of the stuff just gets tired, the 'he'll only play shooters' stuff, when he's played Kurt Thomas, Raja Bell, Jared Jeffries, Ronny Turiaf, etc in large roles. He's been here 3 years and we have not had 1 player over 6'10 that was a legitimate player on the defensive end, that's an issue for anyone..much less a guy who isn't known for defense.

He needs to get better, the roster still needs to get better. 1 year. we'll see what happens.

I would say now that we have 2 big time scorers, I would want a change quickly if things don't improve. Those guys are going to score no matter what, but the team will need defense.

the thing I'll never get is people fawn over Riley/JVG and the 90's Knicks when they had the same exact problem except the ends of the courts were reversed.

those teams would have won a minimum of 2 championships if the offense didn't completely blow. It's like saying D'Antoni never won with Nash/Amare, he'll never win...then hear people want Jerry Sloan when he had an even better P&R combo and never won. I don't get it. guess other options always look better.

Originally Posted by RaY MuLLa

think Azu will be back and ready to play yet?
You mean will Mike play him
laugh.gif
We might see him if this game is a blowout.

I expect rust if he's out there on the court tonight.

wat did he just say now? i missed it? i remember he was doubting the melo trade saying hes going to the nets because they have better assets 
laugh.gif

During the half time "analysis" of the Laker/Thunder game says " The Knicks play the Heat tonight at 8, but I thought I was watching the Knicks defense just now." Some bullcrap like that cuz the Lakers were getting it raw from the Thunder for a while. The half time score ain't even crazy like that, but Barry, being the Knicks hater that he is, still wanted to use that corny line he prepared when they we getting the business.

17001 > 17000

Originally Posted by Big J 33

BFT.

This isn't the only reason player would come to New York, but I think he is attractive to "Star" players, because of his shoot quick offense. It's a fun way to play. When MOST players think of D'Antoni they think of the Suns success and nobody can deny wanting to play on THOSE Suns teams. Granted we don't have Nash, but it can still be successful.

One game that sticks out from this season is the first game vs. Chicago and we made a crazy amount of 3's and the offense as a whole was clicking. This game doesn't happen if D'Antoni isn't running the team with his offensive scheme.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

You don't have to force defensive minded players to play hard defense..One saying that always comes to mind is "You can't coach hustle"..Which is true..A player either wants to hustle for loose balls/rebounds or he doesn't...David Lee hustled for rebounds but he played crap defense because he's just a bad defender..Run and gun system or not, if a player had the mindset to play hard defense, he's gonna do it..Was Carmelo ever in his career considered a hustle player? Amar'e? Billups? No, no, and no..I don't like D'Antoni as a coach either but you can't blame him for players that haven't played defense their entire career

QFT.

I said before the Cavs game in this thread that I think D'Antoni will be here longer then people think. I'm thinking when the right pieces are in place the Knicks, hopefully Donnie will still be involved, should and hopefully will bring in a guy with a defensive background as an assistant. Possibly have something like the a "defensive coordinator".

At the end of the day the Knicks were a last place team last year and this year we are in 6th place in the East. That's noticeable progress. Regardless of what the "analyst" want to say.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Jon Barry is #%*#%*+ cunnt man. Like, WTH?

As I'm typing up the part of the post above this quote, Jon Barry starts the Halftime Show with "The Knicks play tonight, right?" "I thought I was watching the Knicks defense just now against the Thunder." I'm like
indifferent.gif
and
laugh.gif
. This is after I read the DubA story in the NBA thread.
laugh.gif

It's nice to always be on people's mind, right ?

30t6p3b.gif

for someone who don't like the knicks you sure do spend a lot of time in this thread

what's wrong, are you bored? ain't got enough to talk about in your own wack team thread?

#!%! outta here orphan

Back
Top Bottom