**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by nyczill3st

C'mon son they need to take out the D in D'antoni Out start calling dude Antoni...

laugh.gif

People have and had been doing that.  But it's easier and funnier to call him "Pringles"
laugh.gif

we would never get the lead cause we couldn't get a dam Stop, and honestly billups was hot we still would have had a good offensive unit out with douglas out i mean we got chauncey melo amare and fields... but w.e i just hate little things like that, put us in situation which made it Harder for us.

am i the only one who will call him out?

i'm getting tired of amare not getting boards smh

i wouldnt be mad if the effort was there. but lets be serious, in the last two months he has only gotten at least 10 boards 5 times
sick.gif
. yesterday has been the only game this month where he has gotten at least 10 boards
sick.gif
. he's averaging more than 35 minutes a game i just dont understand
tired.gif

Stat has never been a big rebounder, though, so it's a bit expected. Just be happy he's not putting up Brook Lopez numbers.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Stat has never been a big rebounder, though, so it's a bit expected. Just be happy he's not putting up Brook Lopez numbers.
right. we know what we have in him...and he makes an impact elsewhere.

Turiaf on the other hand...he can't afford to be a below-average rebounder. not playing next to Amare.

I think I'm just about off the 'super team' with Cp3...go spend money on a big man, even if you overpay whoever it is and use the rest of the money on a decent PG.

The pic with Melo, Amare and I believe Magic is probably an interview that they will air on Sunday on ESPN.

More Melo vs LeBron:

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Turiaf on the other hand...he can't afford to be a below-average rebounder. not playing next to Amare.

I think I'm just about off the 'super team' with Cp3...go spend money on a big man, even if you overpay whoever it is and use the rest of the money on a decent PG.
This. I'd match w.e the Pacers offer Hibbert, get a SG (rudy fernandez), and get another back up PG for cheap with that $ instead of CP3.

Edit- Buike is suppose to be back tomorrow or against ORL
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

This. I'd match w.e the Pacers offer Hibbert, get a SG (rudy fernandez), and get another back up PG for cheap with that $ instead of CP3.

Edit- Buike is suppose to be back tomorrow or against ORL
pimp.gif

Info or link ?

hadn't thought about Roy, I think he likes Indiana and they love him..but..he'd be an ideal fit. Can face up so it clears the lane for Amare. Rebounds decently and can defend the rim.

that's going to be a problem, find a guy who can balance things out like that. someone like Perkins would've been great for D, but he would clog everything for Melo & Amare to operate.

I'm not off the Super team

Unstoppable front line
pimp.gif

Food for thought:

Balkman played 7 minutes last night, +15, aside from Chauncey (+9) the only other Knick who had a positive + / - was Walker who was +1 in 13 minutes.

#justsayin

Why yall acting like Buike gonna get any burn after missing the whole season due to injury? I think Donnie sees him as a trade piece cuz of his contract.

I'm still focused on this season though. This summer we don't have much cap space to sign FAs. All I see is trade possibilities. We need to get these bigs in the waiver wire now.

I think Buike can have an impact, especially come playoffs. He'd be better then Walker off the bench. Good defense on the perimeter, can shoot the 3 and attacks the basket, more free throws.

Heat were 9-8 after 17 games and they're 1st or 2nd in the East currently and the favorite of many to either make it all the way to the Finals or at least to the EC Finals..But after 2 games, we're 1-1 and it's the end of the world? And people are ready to criticize the team under a microscope because we lost to the worst team? Didn't they also beat the Lakers the week before the All Star Game? Didn't they beat the Celtics early in the season?

It's funny how one day we say "Well we don't expect to this team to make a deep run after half a season together" but then we lose a game we should have won and it becomes "damn this team sucks too much to make a deep run"..You guys kill me
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

I think Buike can have an impact, especially come playoffs. He'd be better then Walker off the bench. Good defense on the perimeter, can shoot the 3 and attacks the basket, more free throws.
I'm not optimistic but I'm open to the chance he plays well assuming he gets pt. Thing is he's going to have to play himself back in to game shape rather quickly to make an impact in the playoffs.

1. STAT not rebounding wouldn't be an issue for me if we had a real C & other rebounders around him. I really don't want dude banging down low for rebounds with his injury history.

2. I think I'm also over the super trio dream team, and would look at our most glaring weakness at the Center position. I wonder how much money Perkins will get in his new contract? Hypothetically speaking, if Donnie were to go after him, and keep Billups next season, our starting 5 would be very, very formidable and quite frankly, instant title contenders if everyone is healthy. Again, I'm just talking the projected starters in this hypothetical scenario
laugh.gif
(Billups, Fields, Melo, STAT, Perkins). 4/5 of that line has a good amount of playoff experience, a fact not to be overlooked.

Just look at Miami & how they had to fill out their roster with their depleted funds. Whoever ends up being our Center, we can't just put anyone out there. We should really look into making a significant signing for that position. We've seen these last 3 seasons how size (& depth) are just as important as the superstars on a team. Jeffries is the "first step" in that department.

I'm looking forward to this upcoming offseason to see what we can do to improve. Needless to say, scoring is not an issue.

We're not getting Perkins. Don't even bother speculating. He wouldn't fit here anyway. We don't have the money to sign him and OKC definitely does. They did not trade for him so they could lose him and he didn't take the Celts initial offer because he wanted more money.

The perfect fit for a C for us would be Pryzbilla. If he gets bought out or is available.

Not easy to find a center that can provide an interior presence on defense while being able to stretch the floor for Amare and Melo.

Bingo. I want Will as our 6th man also

Looks like we want even have much money to do much this year unless Donnie makes some power moves.

Also the CBA is an issue.

What is the cap as of now ?

Man, Landry was a gift and a curse.

More of a gift, but still gonna have to pay the man. and pay him soon.

Back
Top Bottom