**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

RealGM has a thread going about "Bigs" Donnie should look into...
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1096193&start=60

They mentioned this kid Jeff Foote. He currently plays for Maccabi Tel Aviv in Israel according to wiki.

I like some of his ability from what I see in this vid.

Obviously it's a long shot he would even be an option.
grin.gif

But what you guys think?

man i dont even care anymore can we just get A SINGLE big man that can rebound and not be a liability while hes on the floor.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

I'm about to say a name so insane but it MIGHT work......

what about

Sean Williams

You talking about son that used to play for the Nets right ?

I can see it.
nerd.gif

I been saying we have no cap for this off season unless trades away and cuts players. I'd bank on us upgrading through trades. I kinda highly doubt we'll have enough space for any FAs this summer.

Sean Williams? Not sure I got the right one in mind
nerd.gif

We should give Landry a couple mil. I don't think it'll be that bad. If anything after the new CBA we'll throw a franchise tag on him
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I been saying we have no cap for this off season unless trades away and cuts players. I'd bank on us upgrading through trades. I kinda highly doubt we'll have enough space for any FAs this summer.

Sean Williams? Not sure I got the right one in mind
nerd.gif

We should give Landry a couple mil. I don't think it'll be that bad. If anything after the new CBA we'll throw a franchise tag on him
laugh.gif

images

He could possibly be a head case. While with the Nets he got arrested for violating a restraining order Boston College had on him.

He was just on a NBDL All-Star team this year though. Long, athletic, shot blocker that will finish around the rim from what I remember from his Nets days.

Also more on Jeff Foote for the heck of it.
From the Knicks website 2010 draft guide:

In the days leading up to the NBA Draft, NYKnicks.com will look at the players brought in by the Knicks for Predraft Workouts. A player's inclusion in this series of articles does not necessarily reflect the Knicks organization's preferences for the June 24 Draft at The Theater at Madison Square Garden.
We continue our series with a profile of Cornell center Jeff Foote.
The Cornell Big Red was the darling of college basketball this season, as the Ivy League squad finished 17th in the country with a 29-5 record and reached the Sweet 16 in the NCAA tournament. A key cog to their success was their big man in the middle, Jeff Foote, who now looks to have that same impact on whatever team drafts him on June 24.

Foote is a handful on both ends of the court, averaging 12.3 points, 8.1 boards, 2.3 assists and 1.9 blocks during his senior season. Perennial college powerhouses such as Kansas, Kentucky, Syracuse and Wisconsin all had a hard time containing the seven-foot, 265-pounder during the 2009-10 campaign.

A member of this season’s All Ivy-League First Team, Foote has proven to be more than just a big body, showing off a deft shooting touch by connecting at a 62.5-percent clip from the field. He crashes the boards hard and sets strong picks, allowing teammates to get open looks.

Defensively, Foote is a true shot blocker with an astounding 7-foot-4 wingspan who at the very least alters shots when he isn’t swatting them away. He is the reigning Ivy League Defensive Player of the year, having won the award the last two seasons. While he doesn’t have the quickest of feet, he is very intelligent, getting himself in position to bother the other team, often forcing his opponent to throw up an awkward, off-balance shot.

Just a few weeks away from the NBA Draft, Foote looks to follow in the footsteps of the Knicks own Bill Bradley, who hailed from Princeton, as a rare Ivy Leaguer who can make an impact on the professional level. As his play this past season suggests, he should at the very least get the opportunity to do just that.

yeah the Nets one. I've been reading up on him & it looks like he's been developing his game and head.

what's the worst that happens, he goes crazy & we cut him.

yeah the Nets one. I've been reading up on him & it looks like he's been developing his game and stuff.

what's the worst that happens, he goes crazy & we cut him.Shawne Williams cuts him.
Fixed*

laugh.gif
You don't need an article to know the old Knicks-Heat rivalry will never be renewed. The NBA has changed since then. Plus all the stars are like best of friends with each other
laugh.gif

No doubt in my mind that Carmelo is gonna go off, bruised elbow or not..I think Billups is gonna have another big game.One of their biggest weaknesses is at PG and with Chauncey being a veteran, I think he can make a lot of smart plays.

Amar'e should play fairly well also..I know he has a problem with Joel Anthony, but towards the end of the last game against the Heat, it seemed like he was beginning to figure Joel out.

Also expecting another big game out of Fields..I think the first 2 games he was extremely intimidated by having to guard LBJ/Wade, but the last game he broke out of that shell and played well..I'm not expecting a career game but I think he'll hold us down..If the supporting cast shows up tomorrow, we can win this game..If it's another game like against the Cavs where only our stars played well, expect a 10+ point loss

Huge game tonight.

The Heat/Knicks rivalry is going to be mighty interesting from here on out. Friends or not, I think Melo is more of a killer than Lebron is and hopefully we can see them guard each other tonight.

Billups gonna go off tonight.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Man, Landry was a gift and a curse.

More of a gift, but still gonna have to pay the man. and pay him soon.
Pay him now for the cheap
Looking at the team salary chart Gabe posted...that's what stuck out to me too. Offer him an extension early w/ the hometown discount and hopefully he takes it.

Shiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed (c) Clay Davis

that _ is living good collecting Millions of dollar to due nothing... Living off Pooh Cooking... Mmmmmhmmmm That _'s Winning
30t6p3b.gif

can anyone name me a game that dantoni outcoached someone in?

after all these years, i can't think of one. he might be the worst coach at making adjustments in the entire league. watch balkman play for 3 minutes in the first and never be seen again.

oh and the heat are going to probably kill us. they play hard defense. if we rebound we have a chance

Back
Top Bottom