**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

I wouldn't be surprised with a Knicks win today. Melo all ways give Bron the business

Nuggets really screwed us by taking all our size

I think they just need a rebounder that contest shots in the middle who is at least a threat to put the ball in the basket

You don't say.
laugh.gif

Because a lot people solution doesn't really help the KnicksCause Jefferies is not a post defender. He is sure not a threat to score

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

buike, brewer, rautins inactive. !+@%
REAL TALK w t f is pringles doing ? I don't understand why Brewer is inactive. Williams at PF 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Brewer did not impress Pringles with his 3pt shot during the two practices so he's not playing. Simple as that.

Wilbon just played Pringles on ESPN for anyone who missed it. JB stresses once again about NYK's defensive weakness and Wilbon says Pringles aint about that life. The whole tone of all 3 (Bruce Bowen went in too, put the defensive mindset on the players though) made it sound like they're expecting him to get fired
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

D'Antoni's reasoning for not activating Brewer is that he hasn't gotten much practice and isn't familiar with his system.
grin.gif
I think he's waiting for some "easy games" to come up in order to get him acclimated with the system/rotation.

Anyway, you guys seem to love the wins where we pour on the points, pass the ball for open 3's (i.e. the first Bulls win), get lots of transition buckets. Where do you think that comes from? If guys aren't running back on transition, they're still on the opposite end boxing out for rebounds. You can't have it both ways.

I'm not writing D'Antoni off yet. I want to give him a FULL year (next year) with the roster he inevitably wants. We'll see how he performs with no excuses.
I grew up in the 90's though, I'm DYING for the Knicks to sign Kendrick Perkins this off-season. He would be an AMAZING signing. I love defense, rebounding, man-to-man shutdown defense.

But until D'Antoni shows he really can't do it right, I'll give him a shot.
We got outrebounded because guys were shooting too quickly, and didn't have time to box out. Because they were running back on transition too quickly and giving up offensive boards.
We need an enforcer type. Because if that same performance is an encore tonight where you let Bosh get 10+ rebounds, you've FAILED, big time.

As far as predictions go: objective side of me says we lose, probably by 8 or so.

Knicks fan in me says we win by 4, Chauncey Billups has a huge game and ultimately wins us the game since Miami has such a tough time against good PG's.

X-factor: Billups/Free-throws

Back
Top Bottom