**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

hey i need that adidas warm up jacket they had on yesterday during the press conference

is that for sale anywhere?

Modell's got it for $99 and they're having 40% off with the free shipping 

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I would have no problem buying a swingman but the Adidas logo on the right hand side is
sick.gif

I don't think it's bad, don't even really pay attention to it. Authentics are just priced ridiculously, I'm good with the Swingmans. That's good enough for me, I bought two for $47 a pop son

Carmelo wants to wear No. 15, Monroe says he should
Updated: Feb 24, 2011 03:07 AM
By Alan Hahn
Full Article View
At first glance, he looked like Al Harrington , didn't he?

So that's why the most important question of the day and it had to be asked of Carmelo Anthony before he left the Garden following his 27-point, 10-rebound debut in the Knicks ' win over the Bucks on Wednesday night:

What's with the No. 7?

"Fifteen is retired," he said.

Yeah, twice. **** McGuire and Earl "The Pearl" Monroe.

"I wish I can take it back down," Carmelo continued. "Talking to Earl now, I don't know what I gotta go through to get it."

Didn't you do enough in taking Kelenna Azubuike's number? Azubuike said he heard through Donnie Walsh that Anthony had requested No. 7 -- we'll explain why later -- and Azubuike was asked to give it up. So he did, took No. 17 and added that he and Anthony will work out some form of compensation in the future.

But to get clearance to wear a retired number?

"I'll wear it in his honor," Melo insisted. "I want to honor him and wear that number."

Monroe seemed fine with it. In fact, he thought Carmelo should be allowed wear it.

"I have no problem with him wearing that number," Monroe said. "It's not the number, it what you do in it."

Monroe won a championship in that number in 1973. It was retired in his honor on March 1, 1986. The Knicks then retired it a second time, in honor of the late McGuire, who actually wore the number long before Monroe, on March 14, 1992.

grin.gif

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

i wish we could make a move at tyson chandler this off season but we cant if we want cp3 or dwight.
Damn, Chandler & CP3 would be more reasonable than CP3 & Dwight. Has there ever been a scenario where a guy or guys on a roster restructure their contracts to make it possible to land a coveted player?

CP3
Fields
Melo
STAT
Chandler

Championship caliber starting line.

Not cool with Melo rocking 15. He should wear 30 though.

I'm a little tired of seeing players wearing those single digit numbers. This season, we have (and had) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

keep the jersey number retired. . . was a pretty decent game yest, coulda been better. i hope dudes run the offense thru Stat which will then allow Melo to get easier looks. . i dont wanna see to much iso with melo, but then again i'm not the coach.

^^^

Nah I saw it too, I thought he was trying really hard to make a first impressions but in the end it worked out ok. Is it just me or did anyone notice billups looked like marbury out there? Everytime I saw him I thought of marbury lol

Yesterday was probably an aberration (thanks Clyde). Melo's first game, yea he's gonna be hyped and want to put up numbers. Dude took 25 shots, of course he was trying hard! Remember, these dudes didn't even get a practice in before the game, so the easiest thing to do was ISO. However, the 3 guys hooked up a few times with some nice plays so the offense looks promising.

last nights game was
pimp.gif

and it was also an ugly win....

we def need a center and a good backup point, bc we all know TD wont
do this every night....

was it just me or did chauncey remind me of derek harper??
mainly bc hes bald
laugh.gif

one time in the 4th, i think,
where chauncey had the ball in the top of the 3pt line,
looking at melo post up, and stat setting a pick, at the top of the FT line,
i just loved seeing that, so many options....
pimp.gif

its a good thing we play the cavs, for practice,
and cant wait for sunday
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT
The full pic of the Melo avy was posted on page 762, by MrONegative in a spoiler, if you still want it. I'm not really sure how to post pics and spoiler tags and such.

This topic grew almost 50 pages in 2 days.....that's crazy.

damn i cant wait for our next game, but i definitely felt like Melo was trying too hard (kinda expected it too). during the bucks game i was like i hope this game never ends 
laugh.gif
. i'm praying Donnie makes 1 more move before 3pm though. Murphy, Pryzbilla, Barron, i dont care as long as its a serviceable big man. 

If we make a move, it has to be for a defensive player or big man, offense is not the problem with this team.

Otherwise just make your move(s) in the off season.

I ordered that warm up jacket off Mo's last week along w an Amare authentic. Jersey should be here next week but the jacket isn't in stock. Got am email last night saying it's advance sale and it should be here in like 2 weeks. 40% off tho so I ain't complaining.

Knicks Hope To Repeat Mozgov Formula With Jerome JordanFeb 24, 2011 11:11 AM ESTThe Knicks will bring second round pick Jerome Jordan into training camp next October.Mike D'Antoni is hoping Jordan comes along in a similar way Timofey Mozgov did for them this season."We developed Mozgov," D'Antoni said. "Now we have to develop another one."Via New York PostJerome Jordan, New York Knicks, NBA, NBA Signing RumorRead the Full StoryDiscussSend FeedbackBuy Tickets

Back
Top Bottom