**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

would troy Murphy be a good pick up. Career 39% 3PT, 8.5 rbs,

averaged 15pts last yr. Why isn't he playing in NJ? that team sucks
Injury early in season, out of game shape and both sides knew he wasn't going to return next season so why bother?

holy *%*%*%* #%*% what is with all these new dudes posting in here?? 
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif

Melo
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Murph would be good for NYK, given that he's healthy. He could spread the floor, hit the 3, and rebound well.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Injury early in season, out of game shape and both sides knew he wasn't going to return next season so why bother?
Is he good now ?

Originally Posted by PMatic

Is he good now ?
supposedly he is, but NJ didnt want him, and he didnt want to play for them, wants to go to a contender

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Amazing how much this thread has grown. I'm not even gonna bother read any of those pages from game time to now
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Good win, chemistry will be worked on. Couldn't have expected to see us come out blitzing em, a win nonetheless.
I never bother with this thread during the game. One bad call will have it jump 3 pages
laugh.gif

Haven't seen Troy play in like a year or two. I can't call it with him but with what's out there he seems like an attractive option.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

holy *%*%*%* #%*% what is with all these new dudes posting in here?? 
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif

Melo
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

An appearance by THE GR8...
pimp.gif

Watching the replay just cause...

Man, Delfino was being a real pain in the %%! tonight. On another level with the flopping nonsense, word to Vlade Divac.

I haven't gotten to post because I wasnt near a computer, but good god the FIRST time in my life,
I literally caught the goosebumps watchin that "I'm comin home" promo and shortie said "My kingdom awaits......" and they showed MSG and the east river....

30t6p3b.gif
that joint was well played. wow i know I wanted to get @ least one ticket for the season since $$ is short now. but it looks like that might be out of the picture now. Prices are gonna be through the roof.

Melo had an ugly 27 PTS but damnit i didn't even give a hell

I thought the Ewing voodoo curse would never be broken but this season... its not even settling in yet.

But @ the end of the day I really sat there and said....

WE GOT CHAUNCEY BILLUPS!!!
like he was really over looked in this whole thing but this dude is someone I DREAMED about playing in the garden, like his savvy, play making skills and experience always was something I wish we had
watching him don the blue and orange was still unbelievable to me.

Like this could still be our big 3, all Billups has to do is get the ball to the guys when and where they need it. Thats ALL. Just like rondo has to do.
And when necessary, put the ball in the basket. his shot is still deadly regardless.

I'm still speechless about this night. Crazy.

Carmelo Anthony aka BULLY BALL

pimp.gif

Amar'e was looking jelly at times towards the end.
nerd.gif

Say it ain't so STAT!

Chauncey in this 1 game showed that he's an immediate upgrade over Felton.

t3b, I hear you man on not even bothering with this thread on game days.
laugh.gif

I barely posted on game days when it was just you guys. But now with the influx of new fans, I definitely will just wait until the game is over.

Hai Shuges, how about my Johnnies on a sidenote?
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

t3b, I hear you man on not even bothering with this thread on game days.
laugh.gif

I barely posted on game days when it was just you guys. But now with the influx of new fans, I definitely will just wait until the game is over.
%%$!@* ridiculous! (c) RZA
laugh.gif

What kills me about this trade is...the media and everyone else overlooked my dude C. Billups like he's some dead weight chump...he's still an elite point guard in this league! His leadership, poise, IQ, play-making ability and three point bombing is sooooo underrated. Plus he's water at the free throw line. Did I mention 5 time All Star, 3 time All NBA Team, 2 time All Defense and NBA Finals MVP!

Its good to see the former Piston rocking his OG #4! C got at least 3-4 more productive yrs at 16-18 ppg and 6-8 assists!

I don't care what anybody says New York got a legit big 3!

^ werd... i think chauncey is the steal of this trade and is a better point than felton... felton is just younger and can play more minutes but thats it

QFT^

C was avg 32 minutes in Denver and that's coming off a World Championship with the US team this past Summer
pimp.gif

Damn C we miss you in Detroit!

Im not a Knicks fan, but watching the highlights, I came to a few conclusions.
Melo had an ugly night, but with 27 points, you cant be mad.
Imagine what they can do together when they find a rhythm
eek.gif

Im confident in saying the Knicks will become one of the teams to watch out for in the east.
Billups is the real steal of the trade.
Im interested in seeing how theyll do against the Heat
nerd.gif

We still have a few hours to pull something else off (trade/free agent signing/whatever). Hopefully we can snag another serviceable big man before the trade deadline. It's time to start adding the defenders to the squad....dirty work players. The defense will handle itself if we get enough willing defenders. 

This thread is crazy with a steady mix of bandwagoners and n_'s coming out of retirement.
ohwell.gif

Great game...it was so damn hyped. Toney Douglas...that was player of the game for me. A weird one too. This felt like a pack of strangers in Knicks gear with the usual suspects (Amar'e & Agua) not doing much, but that'll pass.

Can't wait to see if any of these other players can contribute.

And yeah...let's get a damn big man today.

Everybody waking up in good graces.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

We gonna be getting unfamiliar love and exposure from ESPN for now on. And Mike Breen is about to be sucking the Knicks something terrible now. "Oh, BANG, another shot by Melooo."
roll.gif

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

Melo & Amare combine make more money than Wade & Lebron,Garnett & Pierce,Boozer & Rose u get my drift
i want results im bettting the knicks going to finals this year
look at the bulls bench when they had mj & pippen
no excuses if knicks dont make the finals this year
fire the coach asap

you have a greatest hits of stupid posts but damn this takes the cake
laugh.gif

Dude said "championship or bust" for a team who just traded half their team for a star for the remaining 26 or so games and plays in a conference with Boston, Miami and Chicago.

roll.gif

Relax, buddy.

I also want to add that our defense really doesn't look as bad as people were expecting, honestly. I was actually a bit impressed...the effort was there, though they had some lapses. The only thing that bothers me about Melo on defense is that he's always trying to ease over to double the offensive player with the ball, which leads to him getting lost when there's some ball movement.

Back
Top Bottom