**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

i just dont wanna hear no excuses when the knicks get knock out the playoffs early
Why would there be? We have no bench and a thin/non-existent front line. Not much has changed from before the trade to now. We're not suddenly a super power in the East that are automatically favorites to win it all.

The reaction is expected from fans. With a team that's sucked for so long and now is vastly better. If you went through similar you could relate.

I just can't wait for the excuses if we don't get knocked out in the playoffs early.

What I saw tonight was something to be happy about. The game lived up to the hype even though it was just the 1st game.

Melo had too much sex these last couple of nights. That's why his jumpshot was flat most of the night, but he was still attacking, got to the line. And we were able to just throw it to him when we needed a basket in the 4th.

Chauncey Billups.
eek.gif
I didn't expect to see this tonight. I know he's capable, but I didn't think he'd look as comfortable as he did in the 1st game. That move where he threw it through Delfino's legs after the behind the back, finished with the and 1 lay-up.
30t6p3b.gif
******ED. We need video ASAP. Only thing I saw was the lack of pick and roll, but he is going to be more then comfortable with playing the Nash role. He's gonna do 20 and 10 light.

Amare was in foul trouble through out the game, but he set the tone in the beginning of the game. I like now too that we can have Amare out have Melo still out there still and vice versa. Before the trade we would go through drought, we won't go through too many of those now.

Toney Douglas is about to step up big time. I said it when the trade went through. Toney Douglas is going to start looking good coming out there behind Billups. With some practice sessions under his belt with Chauncey, he's about to be tough. He's going to be getting more minutes and that's should only help his confidence. His defense is key. He causes chaos out there.

The other bench players looked to play with a lot of energy and there was a lot of movement on D. We just were getting killed on the boards and down low. We desperately need a big. You could tell that dudes had a certain energy though. This is also a big component of bringing in dudes like Melo and Billups. I'm anxious to see who else works their way into the line-up. Or if we make another move.

The Hawks made a move for Hinrich, but I don't know how good a move that is and I'm starting to feel like we are going to be close to being able to grab the 4th spot. Hawks got slapped by the Laker last night. And I'm feeling real confident about this team, even after just one adrenaline filled night.

No Bulls fans have been in here all night.
laugh.gif

I'm telling you though, we dangerous in the Playoffs no matter who we play. Really no telling where we can go this year.

All the chants.
glasses.gif
Defense chants on the very first Buck possession.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Lala.
embarassed.gif
 I need a joint like her right about now. She was
smokin.gif
highed up during the game.

Melo & Amare combine make more money than Wade & Lebron,Garnett & Pierce,Boozer & Rose u get my drift
i want results im bettting the knicks going to finals this year
look at the bulls bench when they had mj & pippen
no excuses if knicks dont make the finals this year
fire the coach asap

Melo & Amare combine make more money than Wade & Lebron,Garnett & Pierce,Boozer & Rose u get my drift
fire the coach asap
roll.gif
How are you trying to compare the tandem of Jordan & Pippen to the greatness teams have today? Did Jordan & Pippen have to deal with a Big 4 in Boston? Big 3 in Miami? Did MJ & Pippen not have a team built around them? You talking like they did it 2 against 5.

If you just want D'Antoni gone just say so. Who would you have in mind to coach instead though?

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

i was hyped to cop a Melo jersey....but # 7?
sick.gif

whos the current knick or hall of famer who has 15?
wow
Earl Monroe a true knick legend wore that number & Mcquire i believe his name wore it
both of them have their number retire

fire the coach asap

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

stop jockin us plz we dont discuss yall in our thread buddy
Why are you even in here?
laugh.gif
You got some type of alert system that lets you know when your team is mentioned in this thread? Nobody is jockin whoever your team is. The fact your in here means you're jocking us.

Go discuss why your team loss.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

stop jockin us plz we dont discuss yall in our thread buddy
Why are you even in here?
laugh.gif
You got some type of alert system that lets you know when your team is mentioned in this thread? Nobody is jockin whoever your team is. The fact your in here means you're jocking us.

Go discuss why your team loss.

sick.gif
sourpuss

laugh.gif
bulls fan eh?

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

whos the current knick or hall of famer who has 15?

indifferent.gif

Just got back place was poppin. Swear I almost shed a tear during that intro +@%# I can't even talk about it right now. Man, Billups is steady as a *$#!%%#@%$+% I'm praying we pick up a PG cause there's no way in hell that he'll make it to April w/ Pringles rotation
30t6p3b.gif

Most of the things I think been said, just basking in this win right now w/ LaLa
pimp.gif
so excuse me for not getting all my thoughts together, feelin the way Melo looks in the avy. I wish I had Ms. LaLa though girl is
devil.gif
our boy Melo stays winnin

Melo ain't really shoot that well number wise, but last 1:30 of the game is what it's all about, son coulda gone 0-fer tonight but got buckets in the last minute in a 4 point game, yes sir, that's who we traded for
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just saw the post game, I know there were great quotes from tonight but this is what I love to hear from THE REAL CB4: "It's all about having defensive concepts, defensive principles that you can go to as a team in order to keep the other team from scoring for 3-4 minute stretches, that's what championship teams do."

Homeboy just oozes experience, the right mentality, everything
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I know we don't play any D anyways but I can't wait for this team to settle in after a few weeks. Let the vets make their imprint on the team. I think the impact CB4 is gonna have cannot be measured at this point. I just loved seeing him play tonight, then I came home and heard his post game, and I loved even more how the man was thinking
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

What a great !%*%**% night, I'm 23 going on 24, I watched games since I was a young'n but the first series I really really remember was playing Chicago in 92 w/ that series going 7. There's been so many up's, so many down's but I can say that tonight was easily one of the best nights of my life as a Knicks fan, it all set in, I saw the immediate future being unveiled, @@!@ just way too much goin on right now this was just a great great great great great night to be a Knicks fan.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hawks lost Mike Bibby and Jordan Crawford for Hinrich and some scrub, so the Hawks just downgraded in my opinion..I don't see why we can't catch the Hawks for that 5th seed..We have Carmelo: Lots of Playoff Experience..Billups: Lots Playoffs/Finals Experience and Amar'e: Lots of playoffs experience. For the people that feel offensively the 3 players we lost weren't much less valuable than Carmelo, all their playoff inexperience would have caught up with us..In a matchup with the Bulls, Rose might have his way with Billups, Boozer and STAT might be going head to head, but who's going to hold Carmelo? If Noah is healthy in the playoffs, they'll probably put him on STAT..That means Boozer is gonna have to keep up with Carmelo..Uhhh [Jayz Voice] Pardon me, I had to laugh at that..[Jayz voice]

I can see them making a strong surge to end this season..They might struggle the next 2-3 games while they're building chemistry in practices and games, but in a week or 2, I expect their offense to be rolling. Melo had an off night accuracy wise and Amar'e was well below his average and we still came away with 114 points
laugh.gif

Couple of things, no offense to this thread but just like the fanbase grew tenfold, this thread did and it's
grin.gif
 in one way and
smokin.gif
 in another.

We all know who has been here through thick and thin, but some of my boys were calling me up tonight like "Let's go out and watch the Knicks" and I never even knew they liked basketball in the least. 
laugh.gif
  It happens, oh well. 

I'll take Melo on an off tonight with 27 and 10 any day of the week, and Amar'e was non-existant and was able to put up 19.  Once they figure this out, then
pimp.gif

Cleveland game should be an automatic W, and Billups is obviously the short term key for this squad.

Hope Shawne Williams can keep it up, and also hope Brewer is able to make D'Antoni's rotation at some point to defend.  The defense was still bad, but that was to be expected and it looked more energized just because of the recent trade.  Just my thoughts...Goodnight to Knick Nation!!!

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by youngmoney

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

1K pages by season's end?

Easily.
Nomo, but Melo looks good in a NY jersey
laugh.gif
I'd give him a handjob.
thats it? if melo was coming to my squad...

...he has my virginity.
He's gotta win a ring first
embarassed.gif
Yup, gotta put a ring on it

Originally Posted by BangDak

Hinrich is an upgrade IMO.
i agree

I know as Knicks' fans we're cautious against getting TOO hyped up (because we're obviously fairly hyped already) but if this team beats the Heat with barely enough time to build chemistry, this thread is gonna explode and we're gonna be getting slurped hard by the media
laugh.gif

But if we lose, I expect nothing but haters and negativity from every non-Knicks fan

Amazing how much this thread has grown. I'm not even gonna bother read any of those pages from game time to now
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Good win, chemistry will be worked on. Couldn't have expected to see us come out blitzing em, a win nonetheless.

would troy Murphy be a good pick up. Career 39% 3PT, 8.5 rbs,

averaged 15pts last yr. Why isn't he playing in NJ? that team sucks

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

It looked like they just won this game on pure talent,
Same thing ran across my mind towards the end of the game. Good thing our 1st game as against a team of this caliber.
Were you guys also watching this game with the mindset that it didn't matter how close the Bucks got, the Knicks would win it based on who was on the floor?  At no point was I nervous we would actually lose, and that is a scary feeling to have.  Usually you hate to have the mindset of just being on the court means that you are entitled to something, but I had that feeling tonight.  Don't think I've ever felt that as a fan of ANY of my teams.  It was just as reassuring as it was wrong to feel that way, because no team should be entitled to anything.  I don't know, I'm rambling now.  Goodnight for the 2nd and last time tonight, Knick Nation!!!

Back
Top Bottom