**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Vince Lombardi was born in Brooklyn, Coached at West Point, and was great friends with Wellington Mara and was the OC for the NY Giants. And I was raised by a NYer who was raised a Packers fan after his father was awed by Lombardi leading his entire team into St. Patricks for church 50+ years ago
wink.gif

I got plenty of NY pride my friend.
smile.gif
laugh.gif

I messing with you boss. I just see the avy and sig with NOTHING N.Y. so it doesn't look like a typical New Yorkers post. I would have assumed you were from Green Bay obviously.

At the end of the day, I'm not on the "official" Knick fan list they have in the OP's 1st post, but I know I've been a fan forever and been reppin the Knicks on here ever since joining, so if you want to be a fan, just act as if and accordingly.
glasses.gif

::cough cough::
wink.gif

nerd.gif
What happened ?
laugh.gif
just trying to get Pr0ph's attention

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
Jermaine O'Neal? Come on bro, we can do better than that. You give Boston another solid perimeter defender for a dude who can't walk?

LMAO...I'd rather have Rik Smits

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Ah, the bandwagon.

I hate you all.
grin.gif

tired.gif

No love for fellow NYer.  Yall are disappoint.

You're a New Yorker with no sign of NY pride. I'm disappoint.

??? Actually I forgot to mention that I've been a Sabres fan since I moved to NY when I was young... You can check that out in the NHL thread.
smile.gif

Been talking about Siena college basketball for the last 5 years on here... Hell, Eddie Ubilis impregnated a girl I used to hang with in HS with twins.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

ShadyKay NT wrote:

How about Pat Riley and Van Gundy Era?

Ride or die ever since!

pimp.gif

Edit: yes even through the dark ages of the larry brown, isiah thomas, lenny wilkins
sick.gif

Ride or die indeed, there are many times in the Riley/Van Gundy era in which I wanted to throw my remote control at TV. 
They should have never let X-Man go. 

Carmelo Anthony has requested to wear No. 7 for the New York Knicks, according to a Tweet from Darren Rovell of MSNBC.

Anthony has worn No. 15 dating back to his Syracuse days and even for Team USA. Anthony wore No. 22 for Oak Hill.

The Knicks have retired the No. 15 twice in their history, honoring Earl Monroe and **** McGuire.

Congrats to all you real Knicks fans. I hope this works out for you guys, until the Finals at least 
laugh.gif

where did you guys see that melo will wear 13?
i saw that hes wearing 7....

EDIT:
this is pretty weird....
i looked at the 'official fan list' on pg 1,
and NTer 'MeloMVP' is number 7 on the list....
eek.gif

i like that number

but stat and fields is getting bought before melo when iI get the cash

haven't bought a jersey since sprewell, got me excited

not sure if that's his number

maybe that's why there isn't a press conference yet. he has to be added in the trade so melo can get his number haha

Vince Lombardi was born in Brooklyn, Coached at West Point, and was great friends with Wellington Mara and was the OC for the NY Giants. And I was raised by a NYer who was raised a Packers fan after his father was awed by Lombardi leading his entire team into St. Patricks for church 50+ years ago
wink.gif

I got plenty of NY pride my friend.
smile.gif
laugh.gif

I messing with you boss. I just see the avy and sig with NOTHING N.Y. so it doesn't look like a typical New Yorkers post. I would have assumed you were from Green Bay obviously.

At the end of the day, I'm not on the "official" Knick fan list they have in the OP's 1st post, but I know I've been a fan forever and been reppin the Knicks on here ever since joining, so if you want to be a fan, just act as if and accordingly.
glasses.gif

::cough cough::
wink.gif

nerd.gif
What happened ?
laugh.gif
just trying to get Pr0ph's attention

Oh, well if he notices the attempt, I would like to request fan #212.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I understand these concerns because they're all legitimate, but in hindsight, all our opinions are altered...If I remember correctly, majority of analysts praised the Big 3 of Boston coming together a few years back and said Danny Ainge made one of the best moves the league had seen in a long time, but they also had concerns with the players meshing...Ray Allen has never been a "superstar" but he was always considered either the star of the team or shared the spotlight...Pierce was Alpha Dog of the team since he played his first season with the squad..Kevin Garnett was the face of his franchise from the day he was drafted...Yet they came together with the purpose of winning a title (and having an unselfish coach like Doc Rivers always helps)

We all know the things being said about Lebron/Wade..Now all the analysts are saying "Well Lebron n Wade are both good passers, which is why we knew they would gel together"
indifferent.gif
#%!#..These same critics were claiming that Lebron and Wade would be fighting for the last shot and their egos would be bruised if Spoelstra drew up the game winning play for one of them over the other..But that hasn't been the case so far

The Knicks can make this work..I doubt when Carmelo n Amar'e discussed the possibility of playing in NYC, they overlooked the fact that they'd be sharing the spotlight at MSG..CP3 is a franchise guy..So is Carmelo..If being "the guy" was what they wanted, they wouldn't discuss the idea of joining forces..They wanna be part of a team dynasty, not an individual legacy..I think essentially, the one component that is completely necessary when dealing with multiple stars is a good coach..Nash/Amare were under D'Antoni at one point and he made it work, but I dunno if Pringles has what it takes to handle two stars of the caliber of Amare/Melo at the same time..The chemistry won't happen all at once, but it'll gradually come together and in a year or two, this will be a team that nobody will take lightly
Good post.

Only thing I disagree with is that KG was viewed as unselfish (remember all the "KG never wants to take the last shot...he's soft!" talk?), Ray had already been in a Big 3 (w/Sam & Big Dog in Mil), and PP was the established & tenured captain. So it was rather easy to see the Bos 3 coming together quickly.

AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
"We decided we should go for it now because we get this guy, we get Chauncey Billups." - #Knicks president Donnie Walsh
AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
Walsh:"All of the players were difficult to give up. Mozgov was the last of them.Then it came down to how much you want Carmelo & Chauncey."

AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
Donnie Walsh on whether he had final say on the trade: "Yes."
AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
"No matter what happens we’ll have cap room [ in 2012]." -- Donnie Walsh

Based Don has spoken 
pimp.gif

This trade hanging in the balance because of Mozgov had me cracking up this morning. Yea, trade everyone but please let us keep Mozgov because he's such a great player.

The gloves are off. Donnie Walsh: "I'm assuming Isiah is getting ready for the NCAA Tournament."

laugh.gif
'Antoni on giving up a lot for a star: "We can sit here at 28-26 for the rest of our life and say, 'We've got a nice group.'"

basically.
Knicks want Carmelo and Billups available for MSG debut tomorrow night vs Bucks. Every effort will be made to ensure that.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
"We decided we should go for it now because we get this guy, we get Chauncey Billups." - #Knicks president Donnie Walsh
AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
Walsh:"All of the players were difficult to give up. Mozgov was the last of them.Then it came down to how much you want Carmelo & Chauncey."

AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria

Based Don has spoken 
pimp.gif

Great news, those words came directly from Based.... even if he decides to leave, he has made sure he put us in a beautiful position. 
Come on donnie dont go....
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria

AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria

Based Don has spoken�
pimp.gif

My son is a G.
glasses.gif

Maino played himself with this.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

The black and yellow remix thing is played out already, but what about "Stat and Melo, Stat and Melo, Stat and Melo." ?

13 was the first story, 30 was speculation because of Melo's favorite player being Bernard King. I'm cool with whatever number the dude wears, as long as it says New York on the front.  
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom