**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

^
laugh.gif
tired.gif
frown.gif

To post here you must agree with this fraij

- You didn't hear about anythin last night.
- You woke up as a Knick then you tuned into ESPN

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Vince Lombardi was born in Brooklyn, Coached at West Point, and was great friends with Wellington Mara and was the OC for the NY Giants. And I was raised by a NYer who was raised a Packers fan after his father was awed by Lombardi leading his entire team into St. Patricks for church 50+ years ago
wink.gif

I got plenty of NY pride my friend.
smile.gif
laugh.gif

I messing with you boss. I just see the avy and sig with NOTHING N.Y. so it doesn't look like a typical New Yorkers post. I would have assumed you were from Green Bay obviously.

At the end of the day, I'm not on the "official" Knick fan list they have in the OP's 1st post, but I know I've been a fan forever and been reppin the Knicks on here ever since joining, so if you want to be a fan, just act as if and accordingly.
glasses.gif

Yea I know I just like chopping it up about something.
laugh.gif
Who knows if id even post in here that much... I gotta see if I can really become passionate about basketball...

To post here you must agree with this fraij

- You didn't hear about anythin last night.
- You woke up as a Knick then you tuned into ESPN

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Man I been sick as a dog the last 3 days taking Nyquil at like 7pm every night watching Law & Order SVU marathons.  I really didn't hear bout Melo til 3 hours ago.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Any word on when the NBA store will get their shipment of Melo jerseys?

If you're talking about NBA Store in NYC, it's closed..NBA Store online should have them by the weekend at the latest

Any idea how long the NBA store will be closed?

just take oath to not be a typical bandwagoner and not show up when the going gets tough.

for the past few years guys like me, mez, httb,the gr8, pro, blackmag, flatbush, and many more have been riding with the team since as early as the lenny wilkins/ larry brown days.
We don't even need to get into what's been going on the past 5-6 years

having to fend for ourselves because everyone lovved to talk about NYK and find whatever way to drag us in the mud, we put in work.
So again, if the going gets tough, which it possibly could, who knows... You gotta still back your squad no matter what.

somebody get this man a sig.

We giving out sigs now?

Mannnn, how many times in the past three damn years have I posted in this damn thread and I still don't have a sig...
laugh.gif
+
ohwell.gif

Forget all of ya'll...I'm taking my talents with me to Denver. Wherever BasedGov goes...I shall follow.

Just kiddin.

EDIT:

@WallaceHeatNBA Guy I feel bad for in Melo trade is Felton. Turned down more $, longer deals for a 2-yr gig in NY. Wanted to be there.
frown.gif

You can just copy and paste someones sig if you want. I dont know if they'd be cool with that though.

Originally Posted by throwback1718

just take oath to not be a typical bandwagoner and not show up when the going gets tough.

for the past few years guys like me, mez, httb,the gr8, pro, blackmag, flatbush, and many more have been riding with the team since as early as the lenny wilkins/ larry brown days.
We don't even need to get into what's been going on the past 5-6 years

having to fend for ourselves because everyone lovved to talk about NYK and find whatever way to drag us in the mud, we put in work.
So again, if the going gets tough, which it possibly could, who knows... You gotta still back your squad no matter what.

somebody get this man a sig.
How about Pat Riley and Van Gundy Era?

Ride or die ever since!

pimp.gif

Edit: yes even through the dark ages of the larry brown, isiah thomas, lenny wilkins
sick.gif

Originally Posted by bonafide125

If you're talking about NBA Store in NYC, it's closed..NBA Store online should have them by the weekend at the latest

Might be for awhile...I was there on Valentine's and the inside looked like it was still being heavily worked on...But they had a sign on the outside saying they would have a "Temporary Location" so you could call up their customer service or something and find out...If you're patient enough to wait like a week or so, the Melo jersey will be in every NYC Footaction/Champs/Modells.etc...Or check out Paragon Sports in Union Square..They usually have a lot of jerseys in stock

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Might be for awhile...I was there on Valentine's and the inside looked like it was still being heavily worked on...But they had a sign on the outside saying they would have a "Temporary Location" so you could call up their customer service or something and find out...If you're patient enough to wait like a week or so, the Melo jersey will be in every NYC Footaction/Champs/Modells.etc...Or check out Paragon Sports in Union Square..They usually have a lot of jerseys in stock
they are never opening that location again. Uniqlo purchased that spot, new location TBD

Some of you may know that I'm a big Syracuse fan. So of course, Melo has been one of my favorite players for a long time.

And you would think his arrival would change my dislike for the Knicks franchise (ownership actually).

But in all honesty, I see problems down the road and I'm not too excited to see him come to such a dysfunctional organization.

Problem #1: Is this STAT's team or Melo's team??
For some reason, I just don't see these 2 guys being as accommodating to the other's game or deferring the same way Bosh/Bron/Wade or Jesus/KG/PP have all done for each other. And with STAT signing 1st, I get the impression that he'll feel as if this is HIS team. While Melo is used to being 1a. Never been a 1b or #2 option. I just see a lot of bruised egos when it comes to 4th quarter crunch time.

Problem #2: Chemistry. The Heatles all played with each other on Team USA and developed a bit if chemistry prior to signing in Mia. The Bos 3 consisted of 3 guys who were never viewed as selfish or stat-stuffers. But Amar'e and Melo have never played together and frankly, I don't see them meshing as easily as the other squads have.

[/Feelsbadman]

For real LosAlmighty? That's nuts..Uniqlo is about to blow up in NYC lol..Their spot in SoHo is already a huge tourist shopping attraction so I can only imagine how it'll be once that new location opens...I think they should open the new location in Herald Square..Close to MSG
pimp.gif

your boy from syracuse was the main reason for all the dysfunction this time around. he wanted his cash, and threatened the knicks with the nets. whatever he got into is on him.

oh and it IS Amare's team

everyone said wade and lebron couldn't mesh. and they didn't for about 20 games. so lets wait and see what happens.

I'm happy for getting Melo but they need to get rid of D'Antoni asap if they ever want a shot at ring.

For real LosAlmighty? That's nuts..Uniqlo is about to blow up in NYC lol..Their spot in SoHo is already a huge tourist shopping attraction so I can only imagine how it'll be once that new location opens...I think they should open the new location in Herald Square..Close to MSG
pimp.gif
i think Uniqlo paid like $300 mil for the next 15 yrs.

I agree he created a big circus of this whole thing. I've never said otherwise.

But let's not act as if the Knicks themselves aren't guilty of stirring up their own dysfunction with the rumors of Zeke pulling strings and Walsh being "forced" out.

And that attitude of "It IS Amar'e's team" is exactly why the team would fail if STAT himself had that view.

You can't have a winning TEAM when one of your stars is feeling like he has to establish his position as alpha dog.

It's Amar'e's team cuz he's been here for 4 months more than Melo?
laugh.gif

And there were more people saying Bron/Wade/Bosh could mesh than those saying they wouldn't.

And how did Melo threaten the Knicks w/the Nets when he NEVER agreed to an extension w/NJ?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Some of you may know that I'm a big Syracuse fan. So of course, Melo has been one of my favorite players for a long time.

And you would think his arrival would change my dislike for the Knicks franchise (ownership actually).

But in all honesty, I see problems down the road and I'm not too excited to see him come to such a dysfunctional organization.

Problem #1: Is this STAT's team or Melo's team??
For some reason, I just don't see these 2 guys being as accommodating to the other's game or deferring the same way Bosh/Bron/Wade or Jesus/KG/PP have all done for each other. And with STAT signing 1st, I get the impression that he'll feel as if this is HIS team. While Melo is used to being 1a. Never been a 1b or #2 option. I just see a lot of bruised egos when it comes to 4th quarter crunch time.

Problem #2: Chemistry. The Heatles all played with each other on Team USA and developed a bit if chemistry prior to signing in Mia. The Bos 3 consisted of 3 guys who were never viewed as selfish or stat-stuffers. But Amar'e and Melo have never played together and frankly, I don't see them meshing as easily as the other squads have.

[/Feelsbadman]
I understand these concerns because they're all legitimate, but in hindsight, all our opinions are altered...If I remember correctly, majority of analysts praised the Big 3 of Boston coming together a few years back and said Danny Ainge made one of the best moves the league had seen in a long time, but they also had concerns with the players meshing...Ray Allen has never been a "superstar" but he was always considered either the star of the team or shared the spotlight...Pierce was Alpha Dog of the team since he played his first season with the squad..Kevin Garnett was the face of his franchise from the day he was drafted...Yet they came together with the purpose of winning a title (and having an unselfish coach like Doc Rivers always helps)

We all know the things being said about Lebron/Wade..Now all the analysts are saying "Well Lebron n Wade are both good passers, which is why we knew they would gel together"
indifferent.gif
#%!#..These same critics were claiming that Lebron and Wade would be fighting for the last shot and their egos would be bruised if Spoelstra drew up the game winning play for one of them over the other..But that hasn't been the case so far

The Knicks can make this work..I doubt when Carmelo n Amar'e discussed the possibility of playing in NYC, they overlooked the fact that they'd be sharing the spotlight at MSG..CP3 is a franchise guy..So is Carmelo..If being "the guy" was what they wanted, they wouldn't discuss the idea of joining forces..They wanna be part of a team dynasty, not an individual legacy..I think essentially, the one component that is completely necessary when dealing with multiple stars is a good coach..Nash/Amare were under D'Antoni at one point and he made it work, but I dunno if Pringles has what it takes to handle two stars of the caliber of Amare/Melo at the same time..The chemistry won't happen all at once, but it'll gradually come together and in a year or two, this will be a team that nobody will take lightly

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

pimp.gif
i think Uniqlo paid like $300 mil for the next 15 yrs.

That's insane
eek.gif
..But from what I experienced working in SoHo, people love that place..Clothes is fairly cheap and quality isn't bad either...They'll make all that money back in a year or 2
laugh.gif

For the record, the new location I was talking about building by MSG was in reference to the NBA Store, not Uniqlo lol

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Vince Lombardi was born in Brooklyn, Coached at West Point, and was great friends with Wellington Mara and was the OC for the NY Giants. And I was raised by a NYer who was raised a Packers fan after his father was awed by Lombardi leading his entire team into St. Patricks for church 50+ years ago
wink.gif

I got plenty of NY pride my friend.
smile.gif
laugh.gif

I messing with you boss. I just see the avy and sig with NOTHING N.Y. so it doesn't look like a typical New Yorkers post. I would have assumed you were from Green Bay obviously.

At the end of the day, I'm not on the "official" Knick fan list they have in the OP's 1st post, but I know I've been a fan forever and been reppin the Knicks on here ever since joining, so if you want to be a fan, just act as if and accordingly.
glasses.gif

::cough cough::
wink.gif

nerd.gif
What happened ?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom