**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Cake its pretty simple, not making the playoffs is a failure this year.

People have wanted Mike gone for awhile and that would only strengthen their case. I would be in agreement if not for a lack of quality coaches available. I don't want to fire D'Antoni then grab the first guy who says defense to replace him.

He gets a pass the first two years with no talent, he doesn't have the excuse now. MAYBE, Walsh gives him another year if he fails, but he would have a short leash and gets fired if we have a poor start.

Big J i didnt know that was the atmosphere there I thought y'all were still smittened with Mikey D. When did the turn happen? was it when he pulled it with Nate?

Y'all wild for calling him Pringles.
laugh.gif

So worst case scenario say he fails... who do y'all even go after? Even more so does it taint Donnie in anyway considering that was HIS guy, or does the fact that he was able to give y'all room to wiggle give him a pass?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Damn JO... I gotta be twinkie fillings G?
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I'm being dead %*+ serious, I'm not trying to insight panic, riot, confusion, or troll. I'm trying to have a genuine discussion.

It has nothing to do with me being a bulls fan and our position or vice versa. As a fan of the game and someone who followed what's been going on in NY for the since Mike got there. I'm simply asking at what point in time do people begin to question him? At what point in time does his seat become hot? Or is the problem not coaching and is it something bigger?

I mean I would assume with the amount of anxiety this fan base has and the pressure for winning in NYC these are questions that I assumed are going to start/if they have started being asked already. I was merely asking how y'all felt about it.

_'s in here talking about Bulls fans in here since we're losing... Like I haven't been coming in here talking +!@$/kicking it with y'all for over 2yrs
laugh.gif

Pressure either bust pipes or makes diamonds.
30t6p3b.gif
Cake not you big homie, I was talking about the Other guy in the post who "Typed Loud"
laugh.gif
You're my guy.

Big J i didnt know that was the atmosphere there I thought y'all were still smittened with Mikey D. When did the turn happen? was it when he pulled it with Nate?

laugh.gif

So worst case scenario say he fails... who do y'all even go after? Even more so does it taint Donnie in anyway considering that was HIS guy, or does the fact that he was able to give y'all room to wiggle give him a pass?
I know AI3 will crucify me but I'd like to see JVG brought back in or give Mike Brown another shot, I know Mike Brown isn't the best with offense but his defensive schemes would be much needed around these parts.

who do y'all even go after? Even more so does it taint Donnie in anyway considering that was HIS guy, or does the fact that he was able to give y'all room to wiggle give him a pass?
Mike will have always been worth the hire to land 1 or more of those Olympic guys until they conspired to go to South Beach. LeBron comes along once in a generation and he made the coaching hire that he felt could bring him in.

won't taint Donnie at all. He and Mike will have (and already have) put this franchise back on the right track.

I've been a fan of Mike and think he is capable of being very successful. But eventually you do wear out your welcome in this league, if this continues to be the team going forward there probably is a good chance of that happening. it's just not enough. You could say maybe we need to be even/better than Atlanta in the East and that is it. there is a huge gap between the top 4 in the East and us.

IMO, if a change was made -- you can't bring in an up and coming assistant. Would have to be someone with a track record that is appealing to Amare and potentially Carmelo depending on where he is at. 

He is safe for now and only missing the playoffs would get him canned. And since we're still 4 games up in the 6th spot. I'm not thinking about that yet. I would have signed up for 22-21 right now, without blinking.

I don't dislike JVG, I like him, a lot. but he has the same faults on D'Antoni except they exist on another side of the ball (he'd turn Ray into Charlie Ward within a month). I'm doubtful he'd ever want to work for Dolan again, though.

*DEAD* @ Loud Font
roll.gif

But you know what JO Its funny you mentioned JVG because he's the 1st person I thought of. His coaching style fits this NYK team with his inside out focus compared to Mikes run and gun focus. Plus he's a defensive guy so I think he would work.

I'd advise y'all to stay far away from Brown though. I dont think he's built for big lights peronally, and Im not really sold on him being a defensive mind either. LeBron makes things a lot easier in all walks of coaching
laugh.gif

and how many times do i have to say that Van Gundy is never coming back...he left because of Dolan in the first place

unless he gets offered an insane amount of money or Dolan sells the team, it aint happening

I wish it could happen but low chance

laugh.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
@ Mike Brown.....

Originally Posted by Al3xis

who do y'all even go after? Even more so does it taint Donnie in anyway considering that was HIS guy, or does the fact that he was able to give y'all room to wiggle give him a pass?
Mike will have always been worth the hire to land 1 or more of those Olympic guys until they conspired to go to South Beach. LeBron comes along once in a generation and he made the coaching hire that he felt could bring him in.

won't taint Donnie at all. He and Mike will have (and already have) put this franchise back on the right track.

I've been a fan of Mike and think he is capable of being very successful. But eventually you do wear out your welcome in this league, if this continues to be the team going forward there probably is a good chance of that happening. it's just not enough. You could say maybe we need to be even/better than Atlanta in the East and that is it. there is a huge gap between the top 4 in the East and us.

IMO, if a change was made -- you can't bring in an up and coming assistant. Would have to be someone with a track record that is appealing to Amare and potentially Carmelo depending on where he is at. 

He is safe for now and only missing the playoffs would get him canned. And since we're still 4 games up in the 6th spot. I'm not thinking about that yet. I would have signed up for 22-21 right now, without blinking.

I don't dislike JVG, I like him, a lot. but he has the same faults on D'Antoni except they exist on another side of the ball (he'd turn Ray into Charlie Ward within a month). I'm doubtful he'd ever want to work for Dolan again, though.

I watch every game. What has Mike really done though? He doesn't coach he sits on his ##! making stupid faces all game. He has maybe 2 or 3 offensive sets that he runs beside 7 sec or less and Defense? *Insert Scott Bart* Besides putting fans in seats and being a players coach because players get to do whatever the hell they want with no repercussions(see: Toney Douglas).

While I think Mike Brown had an easy advantage with coaching Lebron He still took a mediocre team that had been struggling before to 60 + wins, I'm not advocating his huge failures in the playoffs but with a "Offensive coordinator"  I dont see why he wouldn't be doing a better job than Mr. Pringles.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

and how many times do i have to say that Van Gundy is never coming back...he left because of Dolan in the first place

unless he gets offered an insane amount of money or Dolan sells the team, it aint happening

laugh.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
@ Mike Brown.....

Mike ... Brown? 
eek.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

laugh.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
@ Mike Brown.....
No amount of money would bring Gundy back, dude's still driving that '92 Accord.
And the only way I'd let Mike Brown sit on the home bench in the Garden, is if he's jerk-off's defensive coordinator, but since jerk-off is a jerk-off, we won't have to worry about that.

laugh.gif

Funny you mentioned Nate, it's things like that which slowly have made people dislike Mike. His infamous "doghouse", his short rotations, his refusal to play certain guys whether or not he's correct in doing so, a lot of people just dislike his approach and don't think they can trust him. He's set in his ways whether that's good or bad, but so are most coaches so that's not really a fault.
And the last part is what I realize is the real problem, there aren't a lot of names jumping off the page. PLEASE no Mike Brown, don't even let him be mentioned around this team. The guy couldn't even gameplan offensively around LEBRON JAMES, and we want to give him our group of players? Rather than go defensive and become crippled on the offensive end, I'd rather see Donnie and Mike bring in a defensive minded assistant to work with that side of the ball. That's a compromise which I hope would make more sense than firing D'Antoni and bringing in some inexperienced wildcard (See: Mark Jackson
laugh.gif
) and finding someone else. 

Theres a chance Mike gets canned even in the playoffs.

He makes one wrong coaching decision, and its over for him.

no there isn't. he's not getting fired after the knicks making the playoffs for the first time in like 6 years

Originally Posted by DubA169

no there isn't. he's not getting fired after the knicks making the playoffs for the first time in a decade like 6 years

Fixed.
laugh.gif
Sorry I just couldn't let that ride. Now back to being Switzerland .

Originally Posted by DubA169

no there isn't. he's not getting fired after the knicks making the playoffs for the first time in a decade like 6 years

Fixed.
laugh.gif
Sorry I just couldn't let that ride. Now back to being Switzerland .
If Joakim wasn't my dude I'd wish horrible things upon your squad

Go figure, I didn't like Noah in college but it took him going to THE BULLS for me to like the guy
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

Damn, I ain't been in here for a minute, just because of the struggles and there isn't really any positive motivation to write and contribute, but I got this...

Dudes gotta realize and accept that the New York Knicks are the team EVERYBODY gets up for. How come dudes are always coming up with career performances, clutch shots and even get riled up enough to even get into fights sometimes or at least are chippy when they play the Knicks.

"Knicks haven't made the playoffs in a decade. Ha ha ha. Couldn't let that one slide." "Knicks haven't been relevant in a decade. Ha ha ha."
indifferent.gif

Why as soon as we start to become a team on the rise or a team going in the right direction, every other fan of other teams can't wait to play the Knicks, to get revenge or cause the game is in Madison Square Garden.
laugh.gif

Knicks are sooo irrelevant.
eyes.gif

Knicks get slammed when they are struggling and when they are playing well, it's a regular day.

Knicks are ALWAYS relevant, even when we losing. The past 7-8 years specifically with no playoffs, dudes continued to come in the Garden and put on the career games. You could say it's because the Knicks sucked and it was easy, but the Knicks haven't been the WORST in the L in that span, so why wouldn't all these career games come against those other teams that struggled and weren't good for all those years? Because we are irrelevant and when teams see vs. New York Knicks or even better @ New York Knicks they just shrug it off.
indifferent.gif

The Knicks are the most hated team in the L. Whether it be hate from other fans, players or media or even refs sometimes. I've watched MORE then a handful of games this year where we CLEARLY didn't get a fair shot because of officiating.

We had one of the toughest starts to a schedule. Holla at me in April when almost all the teams at the top tier of the conference will be trying to avoid getting the spot that puts them against the New York Knicks.
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom