**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Heat have been on a roll as of late..They're destroying the Warriors right now...For us to compete when we play them, we need EVERYBODY to play well...Gallo, Chandler, Amar'e needs to drop like 40, Felton, and Fields...All of them need to be dropping buckets all night for us to win that game..Can't have more than 10 turnovers..It's all about efficiency

^ gotta get pass boston first before you face us I hope you guys spank that %+% ...cant stand boston
30t6p3b.gif

I think we have a good chance against Boston...They almost lost to the 76ers the other night so I think if we come out firing on all cylinders early in the game, we got a good chance...But if the Celtics come off strong we're gonna be in trouble.

P.S. Anyone that started this season saying Bosh> Amar'e should be banned from ever watching an NBA Game

$%#%.

I called a cab from the city to my crib, wrote that, and passed the $%#% out.
laugh.gif

I still feel
sick.gif
......good damn win though. I was the only dude paying 100% attention to the game, damn fake *%@ midtown fans.

STAT is that dude. great hustle til the last minute with that off the backboard block on wall

this is the best i've seen the knicks since a few brief moments in 03-04 and before that 00-01. that's wusup though, i know it's been long overdue for some of you guys.

i'm gonna try to make it to the games against the spurs and suns next month. where's the best spot to get reasonable priced tickets at aside from stubhub?

mez
laugh.gif
,   i'm goin to get mez one drunk the next time the mets do anything relevant, but aside from that  ill probably get pretty wasted tomorow
laugh.gif

1240605367-eating_crow.jpg

Your boy is about to eat some crow.....First, I wanna give props to the Knicks and more importantly, Amar'e for the ball that they've been playing over the past couple of weeks. Whether they can keep it up, I dunno....however (eventho it's early), you HAVE to put him in that MVP discussion. Good game last night, and the Knicks *gasp* are finding ways to win....that wasn't always the case in years past.

*As far as the MVP chants last night...those were some crab-%%@ bandwagon Knicks fans at the Verizon Center. I've been to MANY Knicks/Wizards games over the past couple of years, and honestly....there was never a turnout of Knicks "fans" like it was last night. Success brings out the fan in everyone, I guess
laugh.gif

Props on the crow consumption.
laugh.gif

Regardless of schedule, in years past we'd be in the bottom 5 in the east. I'm just glad we're back to respectability. We're no longer one of the worst teams in the NBA. Not the best either, but we're on the right road to become contenders in the next few years.

After all those years, things are Finally starting to change.

we need to pick up a solid defensive big man. id like to see gallo drive more to the basket earlier in games to boost his confidence

[h1]
[h1]Wilson Chandler's Tooth Almost Ended David Lee's Career[/h1]

gyi0062407594_crop_450x500.jpg

On his injury:
"This injury went from something that I thought was going to be a two-day situation to all of a sudden they were saying 'we might have to cut your triceps muscle and you're never going to play again,' to 'you're fine.' It was a very scary situation, and I learned how serious infection can be. Looking back on it, I think the only way we could have prevented was by not going back in the game in New York and just sitting out. And at that point, there was nothing that indicated it was going to be very serious, so that wasn't really an option."

On potentially having to have his triceps muscle cut out of his arm:
"It got to the point where they said if we can't find the right antibiotics to counter the bacteria that you're going to have to start getting things cut out of your arm, and you may never have the same arm to play basketball again. My left arm was my shooting arm. And really, I was only out for two and a half weeks, so all of this happened in that short of a time period, so it happened quick. I was just in disbelief half the time. I'm just glad the worst didn't occur and I'm back able to help the team now."
[/h1]

I repeat
Originally Posted by MrONegative

What the *#%+ type of yukmouth does homeless +$! Wilson Chandler have, that David Lee got some damn Krippen Virus and is out for 2 weeks from one tooth bite?

The Knicks are in talks to trade Anthony Randolph for a first-round pick which can be used to help land Carmelo Anthony in New York.

The team has received calls from several Western Conference teams regarding Randolph. A Knicks source tells Frank Isola that the most compelling discussions have been with the Rockets, with one scenario seeing the Knicks re-acquire the first-round pick they traded to Houston before last year's trade deadline.

The pick could be a critical piece that allows the Knicks to finalize a trade with Denver for Anthony.

Randolph acknowledged to the media Friday that he is aware that "a couple of teams" have expressed interest in trading for him.

"I think that's Donnie decision," Mike D'Antoni said about potential moves. "He's more removed from the situation. Coaches don't have a good perspective on when you need to do it and when you don't need to do it."

nerd.gif

mad.gif
 So they suckered us into giving them Jordan Hill AND a 2012 pick for a worthless T-Mac, and now they'll give it back for Anthony Randolph... 
%!%% all the Texas teams.

i'm walking by MSG, looked across the street and I saw this

156759_1621636533054_1000666112_31739367_4756976_n.jpg

Merry Christmas everybody...maybe they're all plotting to bring Melo to the knicks for x-mas
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

I repeat

What the *#%+ type of yukmouth does homeless +$! Wilson Chandler have, that David Lee got some damn Krippen Virus and is out for 2 weeks from one tooth bite?
Cue the Not sure if Serious Pic.

These Melo trade  talks are starting to annoy me, but at least theres actually some truth to it now
nerd.gif

Yea, the situation is heating up like they wrapped it in flannel (ha, thanks Push).

edit: Is anyone going to/planning to go to the Christmas game? I really don't mind spending $150-$200 for some lower level midcourt or close to midcourt seats, but I don't wanna go by myself. Hmph, I might end up doing that anyway.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

i'm walking by MSG, looked across the street and I saw this

156759_1621636533054_1000666112_31739367_4756976_n.jpg

Merry Christmas everybody...maybe they're all plotting to bring Melo to the knicks for x-mas
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

That's probably Santacon, which is today

Amar'e on fire, but is he flaming out?

WASHINGTON -- Amar'e Stoudemire averages 8 free throw attempts per game, which is the ninth most in the NBA, yet if you watch him on a nightly basis, you could argue that he doesn't get nearly enough calls for a player who draws a lot of contact when he goes to the rim. Stoudemire (36 points vs. Wizards) matched Willie Naulls' franchise record with his seventh straight 30-point game, but afterward admitted he is starting to feel the price of this torrid streak, which has resulted in seven straight wins for the Knicks (15-9).

Stoudemire said he is experiencing soreness in both of his thighs and in his neck from the pounding he has taken over the first 24 games of the season. Stoudemire played 42 minutes in the win over Washington and is averaging 37.2 minutes per game, which is tied with LeBron James and Russell Westbrook as the 18th-highest average in the NBA.

But despite burnout concerns, Stoudemire said he wants the heavy workload.

"I work extremely hard in the offseason to stay in top shape," he told me, "so whatever Coach Mike D'Antoni requires for me, minutes-wise, I'm totally down for it."

D'Antoni made it clear he has no plans to scale back Stoudemire's minutes or those of Raymond Felton, who is 11th in the NBA at 38.4 minutes per game.

"I just don't see the difference between playing 37 minutes per game and 35 or 34," D'Antoni said. "I've never seen the difference. I think they're fine with the minutes and we continue to monitor them and see how they feel. But they're going to have to play a significant bulk of the minutes. That's just the way life is. For us to be good, they're going to have to play a lot of minutes."

So for those wondering if the Knicks might make a trade for a power forward to spell Stoudemire or a backup point guard to relieve Felton, it appears this isn't a mission as the trade season begins to pick up. The Knicks could use some size to play next to Stoudemire, especially as insurance for Ronny Turiaf's balky knee, but D'Antoni seems to like playing this small lineup with the 6-10 Stoudemire at center and the 6-8 Wilson Chandler at power forward.

Stoudemire has always been a big minutes player, but right now his 37.2 minutes per game is a career-high. His career average is 34.4. Last season when he played in all 82 games, he averaged 34.6 minutes per game. His previous career high was in 2008-09, when he averaged 36.9 minutes per game, but that was at the four spot, with Shaquille O'Neal at center. And that was also over 53 games; he missed the final 29 games due to eye surgery.

This run he's on is what puts him in the MVP conversation, but what he does now over this tough schedule ahead is what could solidify him as a viable candidate for the award.

Back
Top Bottom