**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

bhzmafia14 wrote:

Now, Wilson Chandler is better than OJ. Get outta here.
laugh.gif

No, You get out.

I don't believe Melo to the Bobcats for one second even though that trade would be beneficial to us because no way in hell would he sign an extension there, but anyway the Knicks should have kept these joints
smokin.gif

11KNICKS-articleLarge.jpg

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

...but anyway the Knicks should have kept these joints
smokin.gif

11KNICKS-articleLarge.jpg
Not feeling the white border inside the number.  Clashes with the way the "NEW YORK" script is on the jersey (orange with blue border).

Just sayin...

/in before we discuss bringing back the 1999 jerseys, the 1999 court design, the 1999 lineup intro music, and Jeff Van Gundy being dragged on the Garden floor
laugh.gif

[h2]ESPN picks up Knicks-Celts on Wednesday[/h2]
Five of New York’s next 11 games will be nationally televised.

Dec. 15 vs. BOS (ESPN)

Dec. 17 vs. MIA (ESPN)

Dec. 25 vs. CHI (ESPN)

Dec. 30 at ORL (TNT)

Jan. 7 at PHX (ESPN)

Things like this happen when the team in the country’s largest media market tastes relevance. The national media jumps all over it. This upcoming homestand is starting to garner some attention.

Now, it’s up to the Knicks to take their act into the national spotlight — and come through.

So that's that...

Melo to the Bobcats would be ideal IMO. He obv wouldn't re-sign there and we get to keep everybody. I'd haaaate to lose Gallo or Chandler. Loving the squad right now.

I can't even predict what our lineup would be like cuz idk who would be traded or anythin.. 
ohwell.gif

When Knick games are shown on ESPN, are they blacked out cause of MSG?

Just askin' cause the Heat/Knicks game is going to be on ESPN 3D, so I want to catch that at home.
pimp.gif

Anybody in NYC going to see Melo at HOH today? It sucks he'll be there for less than 1 hour. Knicks basketball hasn't been this fun to watch since the 90's. Feels good.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Just askin' cause the Heat/Knicks game is going to be on ESPN 3D, so I want to catch that at home.
pimp.gif

I remember last national game we had it was on both. So you could just flip back between homer vision and biased bull $@%@.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Melo: 'I'll think about' signing Denver deal[/h2]NEW YORK – Carmelo Anthony tested his sore knee during practice Saturday on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, and then gave Nuggets fans a tantalizing bit of information.

“My mind is not made up,

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

pimp.gif
team nyk summit at Mez's house!

Bring your own 3D glasses!

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Not feeling the white border inside the number.  Clashes with the way the "NEW YORK" script is on the jersey (orange with blue border).

Just sayin...

/in before we discuss bringing back the 1999 jerseys, the 1999 court design, the 1999 lineup intro music, and Jeff Van Gundy being dragged on the Garden floor
laugh.gif

Thats an old promo shot. they changed the border color order...

27883324384391edad9f5f901d89f5d4-getty-103890762nl020_new_jersey_n.jpg

If we assume a $60 million salary cap for next year...

Amar'e 18.2

Melo 18.5

Felton 7.5

Turiaf 4.4 (player option/we might be able to work out years for less per)

Mozgov 2.6                    

We'd have at most $8.8 million left in cap space if we traded for Melo. It'd depend on who besides ^ was still here.

5.5 OJ Mayo

5.1 Hasheem Thabeet

4.2 Gallo

~4 Azubuike (qualifying)

3.1 Chandler (qualifying)

2.9 Randolph

2.6 Rubio 
nerd.gif

1.1 Toney Douglas

~1 Shawne Williams (qualifying)
900k Bill Walker (qualifying)
800k Rautins

800k Fields

We're gonna have a cap-lock on our 1st round draft pick too (~$1.5 million). If we can get Melo by trade, even though we'll spend more on him and lose assets, I'm pretty sure we'll use up our capspace for next year and have the MLE to sign players with, 5 years/$30 million to split up.

If we sign Melo as a free agent instead, we'd have $17.3 million to do so (-1st rounder cap hold) with Gallo, Randolph, Douglas, Fields and either Williams or Walker still on the roster. We might be able to re-sign either Azubuike, Chandler or others, depending on what the new CBA lowers Melo's salary to. And if this Melo thing doesn't happen, we gotta move on:

Free Agents

point guards

Delonte West

TJ Ford

Sebastian Telfair

Ronnie Price

Luther Head

shooting guards

Jamal Crawford

Ja$on Richardson

Leandro Barbosa (Player Option)

Von Wafer

Anthony Parker

DeShawn Stevenson

JR Smith

small forwards

Corey Brewer (R)

Mikael Pietrus (Player Option)

Tracy...McGrady (is he the NBA's Randy Moss?)

Mo Peterson

power forwards

Jeff Green

Carl Landry

Reggie Evans

Chuck Hayes

Jeffries....

centers

Marc Gasol (R)

Tyson Chandler

Earl Barron

Samuel Dalembert

Nazr Mohammed

Shelden Williams

Theo Ratliff

Alexis Ajinca

Joel Pryzbilla

Kwa... 
tired.gif

Old $*! Centers of Miami

I think these are the puzzle pieces we know about, unless Jerome Jordan is ready out of nowhere. And then there's the  20 different trades that could come outta nowhere.

If that 'trade' that's in the air is real, our team would be

Amar'e, Melo, Felton, Fields, Mayo, Thabeet, Turiaf, Mozgov, Azubuike, Williams, Walker, Rautins, maybe Douglas and whoever we sign from ^ with the MLE.

Back
Top Bottom