**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

only FAs on that list who intrigue me whatsoever are the top 3 on the list of PFs... and maybe Tyson Chandler if hes cheap enough hed be nice next to Amare and with Felton in our system he could prob have best success since NO with CP.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Where do you live at Mez, no ayo.

LMAO.
Proph them glasses are luck a buck each.
sick.gif

SAS says melo's number 1 destination is the knicks but thinks he will end up on the bulls or nets

great

If he gets traded to the Bulls we're in BIG trouble....Rose being a top 5 PG right now, Boozer about to get to full health soon, Korver being a solid shooter, and Noah being one of the best defenders and rebounders in the league..I didn't mention Deng because most likely he would be included in a trade for Melo but goddam..Those are some pieces that could convince him to stay in Chicago

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

If he gets traded to the Bulls we're in BIG trouble....Rose being a top 5 PG right now, Boozer about to get to full health soon, Korver being a solid shooter, and Noah being one of the best defenders and rebounders in the league..I didn't mention Deng because most likely he would be included in a trade for Melo but goddam..Those are some pieces that could convince him to stay in Chicago
Bingo. We CAN'T let that deal go through.

If Melo doesnt come to NY I dont know what will happen
sick.gif

I dont wanna think about it
30t6p3b.gif

Hes coming
pimp.gif

Yea if he goes to bulls we're finished.

BUT

DEN do nto want long term contracts, Deng. Now Bulls won't offer Noah. So to me that deal is done.

I think its either us or if ORL pull something.. but honestly, VC is old always injured.
I think they'll say eff it and trade him to us by the deadline.. I think they're juss tryna sell tix

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Yea if he goes to bulls we're finished.

BUT

DEN do nto want long term contracts, Deng. Now Bulls won't offer Noah. So to me that deal is done.

I think its either us or if ORL pull something.. but honestly, VC is old always injured.
I think they'll say eff it and trade him to us by the deadline.. I think they're juss tryna sell tix
i was thinking the same thing.

As of right now, we won't have enough cap space to give Melo a max contract in the off-season, so if we wanted to sign him, we'd have to trade someone to make a little more room. Prime candidates would be Turiaf or Anthony Randolph, as we might be able to find a taker for one of them without giving up anything extra.

In addition, to create enough cap space, even after the trade, we'd have to:

-Waive the Bird rights to all free agents on our team, effectively cutting ties with Wilson Chandler and Kelenna Azubuike.

-Waive our MLE, which could cost us the ability to sign another piece to help the team.

-Trade our first round pick (from the swap with the Rockets), to save the guaranteed money cap hold that the pick would create.

So in NOT trading for Melo, we're going to have to lose Chandler + Azubuike + Turiaf/Randolph + MLE player + First round draft pick. That seems like a lot of assets to lose just to get someone without "giving up a lot of assets".

If we offered Curry + Chandler + Azubuike + Turiaf/Randolph + First round draft pick to Denver, they'd probably take it, and we'd get Melo before the offseason, and still get to keep our MLE, in effect giving up LESS than what we'd have to give up to sign him as a free agent.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

If that Player Option for Turiaf gonna affect us.. should we trade him ? 
ohwell.gif
id rather trade AR than Turiaf. Even if he does pan out, there wouldn't be any real room for AR to play the forward position here because we'd have both STAT, Melo, and Gallo taking the minutes at the 3/4. And I'd much rather have Turiaf than Randolph as our center to go up against the likes of Dwight Howard and the Celtics front line in a playoff series. Especially now that D12 is developing a post game. Turiaf gets blocks and does things that don't show up on the stat sheet. I've never seen Randolph get all of MSG going nuts with his energy, and I've never seen Randolph get the whole bench, including bench warmers hyped over plays.

Its just a pointless risk for me, cuz even if he does pan out he won't be able to find a real role on the team in a playoff series, except maybe as a perimeter stopper against the likes of LBJ and Wade, but eff that I'd rather have the interior presence, shot-blocking, and energy of a proven player.

@RIECE that's not completely true.

If our cap goes up like it did last year, it'd be at $60 million for 2011.
Amar'e 18.2, Felton 7.5, Turiaf 4.4, Gallo 4.2, Randolph 2.9, Mozgov 2.6, 1st-rounder ~1.5, Douglas 1.1, Fields 800k = $43.2 million with $16.8 left

Melo's salary (with his extension) if we traded for him would be $18.5 for next year.
If we sign him in the summer without the extension he'd cost less than $17.
Under the new CBA, it might be closer to $15 or $14.

Stern made an unwritten rule last year, where if a major free agent leaves your team, you have to take a S&T and a traded player exception like Phoenix, Cleveland and Toronto did. That S&T would save us even more money, because the raises are higher, so we can pay him closer to $14 to start his contract.

We have other options too. We could buyout Turiaf's contract and get enough capspace to re-sign Chandler. We could do that trade with Houston to get our draft pick back for AR. We could get a Richard Jefferson deal with Turiaf, where he takes less now, but gets years instead of expiring. We'd lose Azubuike.

We won't have the MLE like last year, since that's only for teams over the cap, but it's not the end of the world.

Cliffs: If we sign Melo in FA, we can keep 2 or 3: Azubuike, Turiaf, AR and Chandler.

Ideal roster with players we currently have and are rumored to get for next season:

Felton
Gallo
Melo
Stat
Turiaf
Chandler
Fields
Buike
Moz
doesn't matter, no PT
doesn't matter, no PT
doesn't matter, no PT
etc

Still not giving up on Moz because there is still a sliver of promise from what he's shown so far. He needs a ton of work though. Is there ANY way we can make this lineup happen?

off topic but damn man, my internet service was messed up this morning
30t6p3b.gif

anybody else with optimum had this issue? I want to see if this was an isolated thing or if it was everybody

Fios FTW
laugh.gif

We cant be saying these type of things when we dont know what the CBA would turn out like. And i'd never do that trade with Houston for AR.

At this point, why would they swap picks with us when we have a better record?
laugh.gif

Oh, and i'd wish to keep Buike.

Back
Top Bottom