Offical: Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez III 11/12/11

Watched it again, re-scored it, and had it 114-114. The 2nd time around I had JMM up 96-94 going to the 11th. I still felt Pacquiao won the last 2 to make it a draw.

Still don't know why you guys had the 4th to Marquez, Pac feined and blocked all of Marquez' punches until that right cross in the final 5 seconds. Other than that it was a round dominated by Manny.

This fight was not won by Pacquiao, but lost by Marquez. And it's easy to see what Pacquiao did wrong all night. He had his lead foot outside Marquez' the entire fight and circled in the wrong direction. Dude literally gave the inside position to Marquez to tag him.

Originally Posted by MAKITA

2dtvpn9.jpg

eek.gif

Not sure what was so controversial about this fight. I scored it 6 rounds even and 2 of the rounds coule have gone either way. In that case, Manny is the champ and Marquez did nothing towards the end of the fight to suggest he should have won the decision.

Part of me also feels like this fight was bait for Floyd to feel good about fighting Pac.
wink.gif

Clean punching > Aggression.

Who cares about the title ? JMM probably only wanted the title to add to the resume that he won a title in another weight class. This wasn't at all about the title, it was about finally getting a clear winner with this third fight.

JMM got robbed. Honestly, how many rounds can you really say pacman won that round clearly ? not many. I feel bad for JMM cuz now he's 38 and this would of defined his legacy. Who knows what he does from here...

SUPERJUDAH ZAB JUDAH 5x Champ!
Robbery!!!!

andreward Andre S.O.G. Ward
Marquez won this fight, period!!

usscunningham Steve Cunningham
All pro fighters I know ,guys which know what to look 4 in a fight had jmm winning. It's not just entertainment to us its a #lifestyle#

jeanpascalchamp Jean Pascal
On my card Marquez WON!!!!

TheMarvelous0ne Marvin Hagler
Disgusting result! #ROBBERY!

ChrisArreola Chris Arreola
Marquez won, true champ. Let's see Mayweather-Pacquiao. !%+@.

OscarDeLaHoya Oscar De La Hoya
I'm still sitting on my couch in disbelief.

THEREALBHOP BERNARD HOPKINS EX
@FloydMayweather blow thru @MannyPacquiao easy!!

When in doubt pull the race card ; hating cause he's flip

Im def not anywhere near boxing. All I watch is Pac (yes im Filipino) but if youre going to fight, fight all 12 rounds. No matter what your corner thinks or says to you. It wasnt a clear fight at all, JMM hit him hard and countered everything but he didnt push forward like Pac IMO. Props to JMM tho, body shots, jabs, he got his hits in for sure. But didnt look like enought FTW.

Sad robbery.

Marquez was focused and fought a virtuoso fight.

Controlled every round except for 3 or 4 of them and did so going backwards counterpunching and coming forward with accurate combinations.

Perfect counterpunching and ring generalship. He Disrupted Manny's aggression with a crisp jab, the body attack and the brilliant focused step back.

He really made Pacquiao look amateurish at times. Only when Pacquiao got desperate and started flurrying did he connect. And even then it was only one shot at a time because JMM would step back, rotate out of danger from the backhand and counter.

Marquez is always getting the short end of the stick because he's such a great technical boxer but he CLEARLY won this fight

Originally Posted by vick the quick

Robbery!!!!

All pro fighters I know ,guys which know what to look 4 in a fight had jmm winning. It's not just entertainment to us its a #lifestyle#

When in doubt pull the race card ; hating cause he's flip
yall flips have so much pride that yall end up looking stupid.....put the pride aside....yall acting like bitter %%#*%@+ 
floyd will mop pacman and ima laugh when yall get banned one by one for making sideways comments 

Let's just break this fight down like any other sport..... If Mavericks beat the Lakers by 2 points then The Mavericks win... Correct???? In this case and please don't tell me about boxing because I been in boxing meaning boxed and trained for 6 years. Anyways this match was a draw. Boxing is a point system and based on the the amount of punches thrown and landed Pacquiao won in both those categories. As far as power punches landed..... I have to give that to JMM. Either way this fight was just as close as the first 2. Except it was the 1st meeting backwards with a lot more careful boxers..... I honestly think Manny spit out his mouth guard on purpose. If you watched the prefight interviews the Ref specifically told Roach and Manny that the 1st time is just a warning and the 2nd time they would deduct points. I don't know how Manny would take advantage of this because I don't think he was fatigued but I still think he did on purpose for some reason. Maybe to slow the pace of the fight down. Marquez hit Manny with the heel of his glove. The match should have been paused or Marquez should have been given a warning. Marquez cut Manny with a headbutt which was probably not intentional. With all these being considered.......and the Judges knowing this they should have called it a draw. But, NOPE they gave it to star power Manny..... Either way this whole match up is all Manny and JMM corner's faults. JMM should not have been told he was winning the fight whether he was or not at the moment. If anything they should have told JMM to keep putting pressure on Manny not avoid being hit by not throwing punches and backing off. And Manny's camp should not have told him JMM was done based on a Mayweather fight that took place 2 years ago! JMM was sluggish and was not the same fighter. Either way Manny will come ready after this controversial reality check and I hope JMM does not retire. IF this was PACMAN vs MONEY mannnn Money would have raped him tonight. Pacman got comfortable with wrecking his mediocre competition time after time and wasnt ready for this. And I'd have to say the same for Money. Either way good fight better than wasting $60 on a fixed Mayweather fight....

Originally Posted by shindo03

Let's just break this fight down like any other sport..... If Mavericks beat the Lakers by 2 points then The Mavericks win... Correct???? In this case and please don't tell me about boxing because I been in boxing meaning boxed and trained for 6 years. Anyways this match was a draw. Boxing is a point system and based on the the amount of punches thrown and landed Pacquiao won in both those categories. As far as power punches landed..... I have to give that to JMM. Either way this fight was just as close as the first 2. Except it was the 1st meeting backwards with a lot more careful boxers..... I honestly think Manny spit out his mouth guard on purpose. If you watched the prefight interviews the Ref specifically told Roach and Manny that the 1st time is just a warning and the 2nd time they would deduct points. I don't know how Manny would take advantage of this because I don't think he was fatigued but I still think he did on purpose for some reason. Maybe to slow the pace of the fight down. Marquez hit Manny with the heel of his glove. The match should have been paused or Marquez should have been given a warning. Marquez cut Manny with a headbutt which was probably not intentional. With all these being considered.......and the Judges knowing this they should have called it a draw. But, NOPE they gave it to star power Manny..... Either way this whole match up is all Manny and JMM corner's faults. JMM should not have been told he was winning the fight whether he was or not at the moment. If anything they should have told JMM to keep putting pressure on Manny not avoid being hit by not throwing punches and backing off. And Manny's camp should not have told him JMM was done based on a Mayweather fight that took place 2 years ago! JMM was sluggish and was not the same fighter. Either way Manny will come ready after this controversial reality check and I hope JMM does not retire. IF this was PACMAN vs MONEY mannnn Money would have raped him tonight. Pacman got comfortable with wrecking his mediocre competition time after time and wasnt ready for this. And I'd have to say the same for Money. Either way good fight better than wasting $60 on a fixed Mayweather fight....
Marquez was robbed.
Freddie Roach told Manny he was losing the fight in the corner.

The people that think Manny won the fight are so blindingly biased it's hilarious. Any true boxing fan or boxer that watched that fight knows without a shadow of a doubt that JMM won that fight. At the end of the day the potentiality of this fight ruining the possibility of the highest grossing fight in the history of boxing was unacceptable and strings were pulled. This was a disgusting display of sport and I was 50/50 on the Floyd/ Pac fight but I'm 1000% sure that Floyd is going to clown Pac. Floyd is ww\aay faster than JMM and his angles are way crazier. He is going to knock Pac out. I used to hate Floyd when I was younger because he acted so ignorant, but just like Kobe if you love the sport that they perform in, you can't deny their skill. Floyd's defense and countering ability are so catlike it's scarey.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Marquez was robbed.

roll.gif
thank you

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Marquez was robbed.

And your point is..... I mean if anything Manny just barely making it will just a Gift from JMM because it gives him a reality check to get ready for Money Mayweather. JMM gives Manny a reality check and I'm sure Manny will give Money Mayweather one. If this fight was Money Mayweather vs Pacman TONIGHT. Well Money would have prevailed because Money is just JMM 2.0. But, as far as your Marquez robbed statement. Well the 1st bout Manny knocked JMM down 3 times and allowed JMM to come back. If he didn't knock JMM down he would have lost. And as far as the 2nd fight well..... JMM landed more punches than Pacman 4-1 but Pacman knocked JMM down once and damaged him more. With that being said, in this fight the one factor in this all is that not once did JMM knock down Pacman and when he hurt Pacman it was when he got headbutted or a heel punch to the back of his head. Other than that Pacman landed more punches and never really hurt by JMM. If JMM knocked down Pacman or damaged him more would you guys honestly think that the Judges would not have given the fight to JMM even though Pacman landed more punches. I mean just reverse the role of each boxer in all 3 fights and tell me that the outcome was not correct or that all 3 fights should have been DRAWS. I'm sure all you JMM fans would say that if JMM knocked Pacman down once and messed up Pacman's face more and Pacman landed more punches and JMM wont then there would be no complaints. Well that's what Pacman did in FIGHT 2.... and I'm not even going to go any further..... peace

And why would any trainer tell there fighter in the corner they are winning.... just so that the same thing JMM did can happen again. I understand giving confidence to your fighter but if the fight was that close wouldnt you want your fighter to think that they are losing so that they could keep the pressure on their opponent. If Nacho told JMM he was losing then JMM would have kept putting pressure and moving forward just like he was doing..... instead he was milking the clock and moving back not throwing punches so that Pacman would not have any opportunity for open shots.....I mean it just proves it in the fight Pacman was aggressive even for his own taste because Roach was telling he was losing but on the cards he was winning lol..... whatever guys.... lol whatever

This was the worst out of all three. Boxing is about styles and most know Marquez is that one fighter that gives manny fits.marquez should have opened up more and look for a knockout cause u know there is no way in hell he was winning a decision.people want that may manny fight to happen its all politics even tho I don't think Marquez won the fight.he was never the aggressor and at times didn't do much in the ring.i pretty much had leddermans same score card.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Robbery!!!!

What more needs to be said?
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Add Amir Khan and Erik Morales to that list.
yup

we all know why they gave manny early christmas present. Marques beat that $*%+%# $@@. Those in denial can shoot themselves because theres obviously something mentally wrong with you if you think manny won this fairly.
30t6p3b.gif

boxing, I'm done with you.

i rewatched it. it was a draw at best, but i was being nice.

marquez still won.

i found it very odd roach wasnt talking during the breaks.

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

I know im not the only one that isn't reading sons long #*+ paragraphs.

Nobody reading that #@*! 
laugh.gif

Bottom line, Manny threw more (wildly, inaccurate punches 
laugh.gif
) and Marquez landed more solid, meaningful blows.

116-112? Come on. But, I'm not surprised. Marquez needed to KO Manny in order to win. I knew he wouldn't win by a decision. Too much money to be lost.

Fixed Mayweather fights? 
laugh.gif
 Okay. And yall see how Manny looked against Marquez, a technical, accurate, counter punch boxer? Who else fits that description, but is faster, more accurate, and just all around better (AND completely dismantled Marquez)? 

Back
Top Bottom