Round 5: Marquez
Round 6: Pacquiao
Round 7: Marquez
Round 8: Marquez
Round 9: Pacquiao
Round 10: Marquez
Round 11: Pacquiao
Round 12: Pacquiao

Marquez coasted the last two rounds, I had it as a draw going to the 11th. Marquez didn't do enough the final 6 minutes, blame his corner.

Cool, I can do that too.

Round 1: Pacquiao
Round 2: Marquez
Round 3: Pacquiao
Rounds 4-8: Marquez
Round 11: Marquez

Marquez "coasted" the last two rounds and yet still won the 11th - unless you count Pacquiao's wild lunges for some reason. He didn't need the last 6 minutes. Blame the judges.

I'm blind? Maybe you better take off the duck mask.

Originally Posted by aepps20

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

No one mentions JMM's age and his ability to make Pacquiao look un-Pacquiaoesque in this fight. Props to JMM for putting up a great fight (And winning) IMO. I feel bad for him.

JMM is a beast.  He's 38, fought at a weight he isn't accustomed to and either won the fight or lost in a close decision to the P4P #1 fighter. Styles make fights and Pacquiao doesn't seem comfortable against boxers.

What fight was this?

Originally Posted by MAKITA

Originally Posted by dland24

What ever happened to the idea that if you were a challenger for a title, you had to unquestionably beat the champion?

I admit it was very close, but if JMM would have won by decision, I would have felt like Manny got robbed of his belt. The fight wasnt nearly one sided enough for JMM to have been the winner IMO. To win a title, you have to beat the champ. Maybe Manny didnt win this fight, but he certainly didnt get beaten.

My 2 cents...
What world do you live in?
So your saying if a figher wins a fight but doesn't KO him or completely dominate the champion, he deserves to lose? 

This place is becoming a joke for boxing talk. 
I never understood this either.
If you win, you win...regardless of how you did it

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

What ever happened to the idea that if you were a challenger for a title, you had to unquestionably beat the champion?

I admit it was very close, but if JMM would have won by decision, I would have felt like Manny got robbed of his belt. The fight wasnt nearly one sided enough for JMM to have been the winner IMO. To win a title, you have to beat the champ. Maybe Manny didnt win this fight, but he certainly didnt get beaten.

My 2 cents...
So your saying if a figher wins a fight but doesn't KO him or completely dominate the champion, he deserves to lose? 

See post above.  I agree if you win, you win.  But JMM didnt clearly win.  And when a challenger doesnt clearly win, the champ shouldnt lose his title.  Call it a draw if you want.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by arstyle27

I'm Mexican, root for JMM, but have no qualms with the decision going Manny's way.

Cool story bro. A mexican says Manny won, changes everything. 
laugh.gif

I wonder where that puts me, I'm Pakistani and have a baby by a Mexican girl. 
The hell? I was simply showing that not every Mexican feels that Marquez was incredulously robbed.

Check yourself.......

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Round 4: Pacquiao
Round 5: Marquez
Round 6: Pacquiao
Round 7: Marquez
Round 8: Marquez
Round 11: Pacquiao

Marquez coasted the last two rounds, I had it as a draw going to the 11th. Marquez didn't do enough the final 6 minutes, blame his corner.

Cool, I can do that too.

Rounds 4-8: Marquez
Round 11: Marquez

Marquez "coasted" the last two rounds and yet still won the 11th - unless you count Pacquiao's wild lunges for some reason. He didn't need the last 6 minutes. Blame the judges.

I'm blind? Maybe you better take off the duck mask.
Everyone in the world, including the three idiot judges, had Marquez winning round 4. You're the only person that I've seen yet that thinks Pac won that round - out of everything I've read, including other forums. I'd like an explanation on that one.

6 *could* have gone to Pac, but I gave it to Marquez due to consistency. Either way is fine. 114-114 is better than 116-112.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

I'm Mexican, root for JMM, but have no qualms with the decision going Manny's way.

Cool story bro. A mexican says Manny won, changes everything. 
laugh.gif

I wonder where that puts me, I'm Pakistani and have a baby by a Mexican girl. 
The hell? I was simply showing that not every Mexican feels that Marquez was incredulously robbed.

Check yourself.......
Chill #internettoughguy I was joking with you. It was funny how you put it. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

See post above.  I agree if you win, you win.  But JMM didnt clearly win.  And when a challenger doesnt clearly win, the champ shouldnt lose his title.  Call it a draw if you want.
Yeah it should have been a draw if anything because Manny didn't do much to retain a title tonight 

My 2 cents...

That is not at ALL what I am saying.
laugh.gif

Im saying that for a challenger to win a title, he has to clearly beat the champion.  If there is any doubt that he won or lost, then he didnt do enough to justify taking the title from the champion.  Thats how I feel about tonights fight.  JMM didnt do enough to justify taking Manny's title.  He put up a hell of a fight.  But he didnt clearly win. 

You can make just as good of a case that Manny won that you can for JMM.  That alone, is enough for me to justify Manny retaining his title.  Call it a draw at worst.
That is just not acceptable man.
JMM won that fight clearly. It was not a draw, Pacquiao did not win, Marquez won it.

JMM won that title from Pacquiao, but was jobbed by the judges and probably Bob Arum. 

Originally Posted by franchise3

I'm not a boxing head but it's either a draw or a slim win by Juan. Money will destroy this cat.

qft
but why u guys surprised boxing is the dirtiest sport in the business

I don't think JMM couldn't have fought a more perfect fight because if he started to let them gloves go then you're playing Manny's game. 

I saw it as a draw.  At least a knock down was needed to determine the winner.

Thinkin about it now, it is pretty sucky that Marquez has to suffer because of his defensive fighting style, which he executed perfectly in the fight.

A major thing i learned from this fight is that Pacquiao will probably get owned fighting against Money May. Seeing him struggle against an old, 38 yr old JMM

manny pacquiao clearly won, i wasn't even biting my nails at the end. very obvious that marquez didn't do enough to prove himself. only reason people had JMM winning was because no one had tested pacman like this for awhile. so every punch he landed on manny made it seem like he can be beaten. big ups to JMM. i've always been a fan of him. in the end haters gonna hate, people can cry all they want, but manny pacquiao has another win under his belt.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by FlyJr22

Originally Posted by Battousai701

manny is gonna have a tougher fight against mayweather

if the fight ever happens

laugh.gif
That is gonna be the fight of Pac Man's life, if you think he even has the slightest chance of giving Mayweather a challenge you're on that Angel Dust. And I actually like Pacquaio, but after this display tonight, things are definitely clear as to where he stands against Money May
can you also give me the winnings numbers to the mega millions for tuesday? thanks
Nope but I can give you another tip....avoid saunas, could be the end of you
wink.gif

Spoiler [+]
but if you do find yourself in one, don't sweat it...you'll still be the Wannabe King of Aesthetics

I don't care how Manny looked tonight. I still want that Mayweather fight. Given how Manny looked tonight... I cannot see why Mayweather wouldn't want to fight.

laugh.gif

Im saying that for a challenger to win a title, he has to clearly beat the champion.  If there is any doubt that he won or lost, then he didnt do enough to justify taking the title from the champion.  Thats how I feel about tonights fight.  JMM didnt do enough to justify taking Manny's title.  He put up a hell of a fight.  But he didnt clearly win. 

You can make just as good of a case that Manny won that you can for JMM.  That alone, is enough for me to justify Manny retaining his title.  Call it a draw at worst.
JMM won that fight clearly. It was not a draw, Pacquiao did not win, Marquez won it.

JMM won that title from Pacquiao, but was jobbed by the judges and probably Bob Arum. 
laugh.gif
OK dude.  JMM CLEARLY won.  Right.  Because everyone agrees with that.  If someone "clearly" wins, there isnt a debate going on.  There is one going on.  So if theres a debate, there is no "clear" result.  JMM didnt clearly win.  The judges didnt think he did.  The guys on HBO didnt think he did.  Some of the people I watched the fight with didnt think so.  A lot of posters on NT didnt think he won.

So get off your high horse.  Obviously JMM didnt "clearly" win. 

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
OK dude.  JMM CLEARLY won.  Right.  Because everyone agrees with that.  If someone "clearly" wins, there isnt a debate going on.  There is one going on.  So if theres a debate, there is no "clear" result.  JMM didnt clearly win.  The judges didnt think he did.  The guys on HBO didnt think he did.  Some of the people I watched the fight with didnt think so.  A lot of posters on NT didnt think he won.

laugh.gif

And you're laughing at me?

You're probably a guy that uses compubox to back up your argument to right?

laugh.gif

I'm a Pac fan...I would have gave it 115-133 JMM...even with JMM coasting the last two rounds...could I see why someone would vote it the other way and go for Pac? Yea...Clearly this fight didn't solve anything in this trilogy...

I'm not a super big boxing fan either...but seeing that JMM is a counter puncher (and pretty effective one at that...) I don't see why PBF would have a field day with Pac since PBF is like JMM to the 10th power...

SUPERJUDAH ZAB JUDAH 5x Champ!
Robbery!!!!

andreward Andre S.O.G. Ward
Marquez won this fight, period!!

usscunningham Steve Cunningham
All pro fighters I know ,guys which know what to look 4 in a fight had jmm winning. It's not just entertainment to us its a #lifestyle#

jeanpascalchamp Jean Pascal
On my card Marquez WON!!!!

TheMarvelous0ne Marvin Hagler
Disgusting result! #ROBBERY!

ChrisArreola Chris Arreola
Marquez won, true champ. Let's see Mayweather-Pacquiao. !%+@.

OscarDeLaHoya Oscar De La Hoya
I'm still sitting on my couch in disbelief.

THEREALBHOP BERNARD HOPKINS EX
@FloydMayweather blow thru @MannyPacquiao easy!!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

And you're laughing at me?

You're probably a guy that uses compubox to back up your argument to right?

laugh.gif

Nice.  Getting called out and resorting to insults rather than addressing them. Thumbs up.

Originally Posted by amel223

I don't care how Manny looked tonight. I still want that Mayweather fight. Given how Manny looked tonight... I cannot see why Mayweather wouldn't want to fight.

Yeah, but this does nothing but reaffirm the reasons Paquiao wouldn't want to fight.  If the fight doesn't get done at this point I think the blame is easily going to be laid on Pac.  He went into this thinking it was going to be easy and he is lucky to walk away with a W.  Floyd would destroy him on counters if he went into the ring like he did tonight.

Back
Top Bottom