Offical: Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez III 11/12/11

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by gil23

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Reported.
hypocrites. my comment was resposne to the dude from SF firing shots at a pakastani kid. yet did u report hm for offensive language.
and looking at my post I also said nothing wrong. you just interpret what you want to interpret.

The funny thing is you can tell the fix was in from jump. I'm sitting here with my peeps watching the fight and it was literally the third or fourth round before the commentators acknowledged anything JMM was doing. All they did was talk about Pac's shots (which were missing) and his speed and footwork, which were irrelevant to the action in the ring. The commentators refused to give JMM any props most of the fight. JMM was landing clean flush shots and Manny was missing consistently. Sure Manny was more active but what does it matter when you're missing? The punch stats were laughable. Manny didn't land nearly as many shots as indicated. Lederman's score card was also a joke. If they would've called the fight a draw I would've chalked it up to JMM having to KO the champ to get his due. But to have the score cards be so egregiously wrong you just have to laugh. At least we're all going to get what we want. Well some of us at least. Pac stans are going to get something they never imagined.

Was Marquez butt naked with a that sombrero over him?
roll.gif

Pacquiao all day 
glasses.gif

I was expecting Marquez to lose based on the two fighters' most recent performances, but once Marquez showed that he was going to put up a fight, to say the least, I was definitely rooting for him. But I didn't think he got robbed. There were several rounds that I thought were toss-ups, and if you follow boxing you know that toss-ups usually go to the champion. On top of that, Manny was landing more punches. So I wasn't surprised at all by the decision and called majority decision before they announced it. Marquez fought a great fight but I don't think he did enough as challenger to win.

Round 1: Pacquiao
Round 2: Marquez
Round 3: Pacquiao
Round 4: Pacquiao
Round 5: Marquez
Round 6: Pacquiao
Round 7: Marquez
Round 8: Marquez
Round 9: Pacquiao
Round 10: Marquez 
Round 11: Pacquiao 
Round 12: Pacquiao

Marquez coasted the last two rounds, I had it as a draw going to the 11th. Marquez didn't do enough the final 6 minutes, blame his corner.

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

lmao and i just realized what team ya'll reppin in your sigs. hahaha tu eres enojada?

reported,  putting the sn you were banned from  in your sig
#notsmart

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Man, JMM will go down as one of the forgotten greats of this era. Please make Khan JMM happen boxing Gods, if you're still out there.

By who?

JMM is one of the best boxers of our time.

What ever happened to the idea that if you were a challenger for a title, you had to unquestionably beat the champion?

I admit it was very close, but if JMM would have won by decision, I would have felt like Manny got robbed of his belt. The fight wasnt nearly one sided enough for JMM to have been the winner IMO. To win a title, you have to beat the champ. Maybe Manny didnt win this fight, but he certainly didnt get beaten.

My 2 cents...

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Round 4: Pacquiao
Round 5: Marquez
Round 6: Pacquiao
Round 7: Marquez
Round 8: Marquez
Round 11: Pacquiao 

Marquez coasted the last two rounds, I had it as a draw going to the 11th. Marquez didn't do enough the final 6 minutes, blame his corner.

Cool, I can do that too.

Rounds 4-8: Marquez
Round 11: Marquez

Marquez "coasted" the last two rounds and yet still won the 11th - unless you count Pacquiao's wild lunges for some reason. He didn't need the last 6 minutes. Blame the judges.

No one mentions JMM's age and his ability to make Pacquiao look un-Pacquiaoesque in this fight. Props to JMM for putting up a great fight (And winning) IMO. I feel bad for him.

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

No one mentions JMM's age and his ability to make Pacquiao look un-Pacquiaoesque in this fight. Props to JMM for putting up a great fight (And winning) IMO. I feel bad for him.

JMM is a beast.  He's 38, fought at a weight he isn't accustomed to and either won the fight or lost in a close decision to the P4P #1 fighter. Styles make fights and Pacquiao doesn't seem comfortable against boxers.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

hbo folks were pac fans basically
laugh.gif

to add on, Pac did land more punches and power punches, which surprised me

Where did you get those numbers from?
Compubox?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

What ever happened to the idea that if you were a challenger for a title, you had to unquestionably beat the champion?

I admit it was very close, but if JMM would have won by decision, I would have felt like Manny got robbed of his belt. The fight wasnt nearly one sided enough for JMM to have been the winner IMO. To win a title, you have to beat the champ. Maybe Manny didnt win this fight, but he certainly didnt get beaten.

My 2 cents...
What world do you live in?
So your saying if a figher wins a fight but doesn't KO him or completely dominate the champion, he deserves to lose? 

This place is becoming a joke for boxing talk. 

Originally Posted by aepps20

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

JMM is a beast.  He's 38, fought at a weight he isn't accustomed to and either won the fight or lost in a close decision to the P4P #1 fighter. Styles make fights and Pacquiao doesn't seem comfortable against boxers counter punchers.

Fixed.

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

I dead thought Marquez had pacman
eek.gif

When they judges picked Pac as the winner...I was like...
96ygbn.gif

I think that's how a lot of people are feeling 
laugh.gif

I had the same exact reaction

Glenn Trowbridge should seriously be banned from judging any fights in the us.

He'd do an excellent job in Canada tho...

I'm not a boxing head but it's either a draw or a slim win by Juan. Money will destroy this cat.

Originally Posted by MAKITA

Originally Posted by dland24

My 2 cents...
What world do you live in?
So your saying if a figher wins a fight but doesn't KO him or completely dominate the champion, he deserves to lose? 

This place is becoming a joke for boxing talk. 
That is not at ALL what I am saying.
laugh.gif

Im saying that for a challenger to win a title, he has to clearly beat the champion.  If there is any doubt that he won or lost, then he didnt do enough to justify taking the title from the champion.  Thats how I feel about tonights fight.  JMM didnt do enough to justify taking Manny's title.  He put up a hell of a fight.  But he didnt clearly win. 

You can make just as good of a case that Manny won that you can for JMM.  That alone, is enough for me to justify Manny retaining his title.  Call it a draw at worst.

Back
Top Bottom