Offical: Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez III 11/12/11

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by MAKITA

Originally Posted by dland24

laugh.gif
OK dude.  JMM CLEARLY won.  Right.  Because everyone agrees with that.  If someone "clearly" wins, there isnt a debate going on.  There is one going on.  So if theres a debate, there is no "clear" result.  JMM didnt clearly win.  The judges didnt think he did.  The guys on HBO didnt think he did.  Some of the people I watched the fight with didnt think so.  A lot of posters on NT didnt think he won.

So get off your high horse.  Obviously JMM didnt "clearly" win. 
laugh.gif

And you're laughing at me?

You're probably a guy that uses compubox to back up your argument to right?

laugh.gif

Nice.  Getting called out and resorting to insults rather than addressing them. Thumbs up.
laugh.gif

You seriously are one sensitive person if you think that was an insult.

When you said ,"The guys on HBO didn't think he did" just made your opinion void. 

The HBO guys were acknowledging Manny's BLOCKS instead of Marquez's landed punches.

laugh.gif

Didn't like the way the fight went, but a win is a win! Point blank. People will call "robbery" just as Pacquiao fans would if the decision went the other way around.

But I would have loved for Pac to knock him out. But like I said, we didn't get the knockout, but we got the clear win decision.

pimp.gif

SUPERJUDAH ZAB JUDAH 5x Champ!
Robbery!!!!

andreward Andre S.O.G. Ward
Marquez won this fight, period!!

usscunningham Steve Cunningham
All pro fighters I know ,guys which know what to look 4 in a fight had jmm winning. It's not just entertainment to us its a #lifestyle#

jeanpascalchamp Jean Pascal
On my card Marquez WON!!!!

TheMarvelous0ne Marvin Hagler
Disgusting result! #ROBBERY!

ChrisArreola Chris Arreola
Marquez won, true champ. Let's see Mayweather-Pacquiao. !%+@.

OscarDeLaHoya Oscar De La Hoya
I'm still sitting on my couch in disbelief.

THEREALBHOP BERNARD HOPKINS EX
@FloydMayweather blow thru @MannyPacquiao easy!!

What more needs to be said?
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

You seriously are one sensitive person if you think that was an insult.

When you said ,"The guys on HBO didn't think he did" just made your opinion void. 

The HBO guys were acknowledging Manny's BLOCKS instead of Marquez's landed punches.

laugh.gif

I wasnt using the HBO guys as backing to my position.  I am merely stating there are a ton of people who disagree with you....judges and HBO guys included.  The fact that there is such a large percentage of people who watched that disagree with you, simply states that the outcome was not as "clear" as you are saying it is.  I am not even arguing that JMM definitely lost.  Im just saying he didnt "clearly" win....as evident by all the people who disagree.

Carry on.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

SUPERJUDAH ZAB JUDAH 5x Champ!
Robbery!!!!

andreward Andre S.O.G. Ward
Marquez won this fight, period!!

usscunningham Steve Cunningham
All pro fighters I know ,guys which know what to look 4 in a fight had jmm winning. It's not just entertainment to us its a #lifestyle#

jeanpascalchamp Jean Pascal
On my card Marquez WON!!!!

TheMarvelous0ne Marvin Hagler
Disgusting result! #ROBBERY!

ChrisArreola Chris Arreola
Marquez won, true champ. Let's see Mayweather-Pacquiao. !%+@.

OscarDeLaHoya Oscar De La Hoya
I'm still sitting on my couch in disbelief.

THEREALBHOP BERNARD HOPKINS EX
@FloydMayweather blow thru @MannyPacquiao easy!!

What more needs to be said?
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Add Amir Khan and Erik Morales to that list.

Already knew once it went to decision JMM had no chance. Only way JMM would have won this fight is if he knocked down many a few times or TKO.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Ok so who does Juan Marquez fight next? 
Erik Morales then retirement.
The time is right for the two of them to fight.

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Already knew once it went to decision JMM had no chance. Only way JMM would have won this fight is if he knocked down many a few times or TKO.

Exactly what I said. I just knew Pacquiao wasn't gonna knock JMM out, I knew it was gonna go 12 rounds and if it did (which it did) Pacquiao will get the decision.

There was no way JMM is knocking Pacquiao out, just ain't gonna happen. But I knew Pac wasn't knocking him out either. Like I said, it sucks it has to end in another controversial way. But a win is a win!

Just finished watching the euro rip of this fight...very entertaining, wish I saw it live, I broke the fight in two halves and gave Márquez the 4-2 edge...goin into the championship rounds, I had him up 7-3...there were a few there that were close but I felt Márquez ring generalship defense and counter punching carried the day....Pacquiao fought in little short bursts rarely and rarely landed anything of note, Márquez had him mesmerized...even the rounds I gave Pacquiak he didn't win huge..end of the day I scored it 8-4 Márquez....how anyone can call that a draw or a 4 point win for Manny is beyond me...and that's the guy everyone says is gonna do PBF in?
laugh.gif

This is from THEMANILAPAPER.net
[h1]Manny Pacquiao Wins Fight: Marquez Was Cheated, Robbed![/h1]

pacquiao-marquez-fight-result-marquez-cheated-robbed-505x343.jpg

The Pacquiao Marquez III fight was supposed to settle all doubts about the results of the two previous Pacquiao Marquez encounters. But after tonight’s fight, more doubts ensued. Not even after Manny Pacquiao won in a controversial Juan Manuel Marquez.
Judges had it 114-114 by Hoyle, Moretti 115-113 Trowbridge 116-112 for Manny Pacquiao. But That’s not the way many of us saw it. I was almost sure Pacquiao would lose. And the audience at MGM thought so too. Boos greeted the decision. Manny Pacquiao was booed. In fact, the post fight interview could not go on because there was so much jeering. The the usual reception for Manny Pacquiao. But I think it was just right.

Was Marquez cheated? Juan Manuel Marquez was robbed! The fight was his. I cannot be convinced that Manny Pacquiao beat him with what I saw during the fight. In fact, a battered Pacquiao seemed resigned to losing right after the final bell. He knew it in his gut that he would lose.

But why did Manny Pacquiao win? My only speculation – the boxing gods were looking forward to a Pacquiao Mayweather fight. If Pacquiao had lost, the prospect of such a fight would have gone down the drain.

But why did Manny Pacquiao win? My only speculation – the boxing gods (promoters) were looking forward to a Pacquiao Mayweather fight. If Pacquiao had lost, the prospect of such a fight would have gone down the drain.

This

I'm a BIG Pacquiao fan but IMO Marquez won that fight. I will have to go through it and watch it more carefully but JMM was landing the more harder, flush shots and Manny never seemed to catch his rhythm the whole fight. I was hoping I would see Manny unleash his combos ala Pac vs Cotto rounds 1-4 but it never happened. I give ALL the props to JMM. He is warrior and champion.

Originally Posted by skillzboy44

manny pacquiao clearly won, i wasn't even biting my nails at the end. very obvious that marquez didn't do enough to prove himself. only reason people had JMM winning was because no one had tested pacman like this for awhile. so every punch he landed on manny made it seem like he can be beaten. big ups to JMM. i've always been a fan of him. in the end haters gonna hate, people can cry all they want, but manny pacquiao has another win under his belt.
I agree and I know a "cooked" fight when I see one and this fight isn't one of them. PACMAN clearly landed more punches but marquez definitely was no pushover. And Pacmans "Beiber" hairstyle made marquez's punches looked much stronger because of the effect it does when marquez punches pacman on the head
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Congrats again to MANNY.  Bring on "Money".

If you guys don't seriously laugh at Manny "Excuse Machine" Pacquiao idk what to tell you.

latimespugmire Lance Pugmire 

@TheFightSource asked manny if he was disappointed in self for not executing fight plan. He actually answered, said no, and blamed sore feet

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you have got to be kidding me

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

People don't really understand how badly JMM got robbed. I mean to think that one day people will look back at this era (casual fans mind you) and only think of Floyd, Manny, Sergio Martinez, the Klits, old B-Hop, and will probably forget about JMM is a crime. 

JMM didn't only get robbed, the sport of boxing did. HBO is hurting boxing. Lampley and HBO as a whole (aside from MAYBE Kellerman) is just full of D riders. Funny part? Floyd has all the right in the world to be mad and blow up on Merchant the way he did, he was absolutely 100% right about everything he said. They put Pacquiao on the pedestal and demerit and devalue Floyd's accomplishments. Screw Arum too. 

Floyd needs to straight up dead HBO, boxers need to just say no to HBO and Bob Arum. Also these governing bodies (WBA I'm looking DEAD at you) need to go down too. I know boxing will never die, but it will become more and more like a bad soap opera. The same #*%$@$#+ every fight, objectivity is completely gone and ulterior motives are abound.  

I wanted JMM to win and it was a close fight but as soon as dude went into turtle mode the last few rounds I knew it was a wrap.

I can see it both ways but talking about JMM clearly won are crazy.

this win after mayweather's "controversial" win. pacquio and mayweather were almost made to fight each other.
a good fight is a good fight. i enjoyed watching it

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

I can see it both ways but talking about JMM clearly won are crazy.

Thank you.  Only thing I have been trying to say in here.

Back
Top Bottom