Offical: Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez III 11/12/11

MAKITA wrote:

The HBO guys were acknowledging Manny's BLOCKS instead of Marquez's landed punches.

laugh.gif

That was really killing me all fight. All I could keep saying the whole time watching was "what fight are these commentators watching?"

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

Originally Posted by vick the quick

Originally Posted by MAKITA

SUPERJUDAH ZAB JUDAH 5x Champ!
Robbery!!!!

andreward Andre S.O.G. Ward
Marquez won this fight, period!!

usscunningham Steve Cunningham
All pro fighters I know ,guys which know what to look 4 in a fight had jmm winning. It's not just entertainment to us its a #lifestyle#

jeanpascalchamp Jean Pascal
On my card Marquez WON!!!!

TheMarvelous0ne Marvin Hagler
Disgusting result! #ROBBERY!

ChrisArreola Chris Arreola
Marquez won, true champ. Let's see Mayweather-Pacquiao. !%+@.

OscarDeLaHoya Oscar De La Hoya
I'm still sitting on my couch in disbelief.

THEREALBHOP BERNARD HOPKINS EX
@FloydMayweather blow thru @MannyPacquiao easy!!

When in doubt pull the race card ; hating cause he's flip
yall flips have so much pride that yall end up looking stupid.....put the pride aside....yall acting like bitter %%#*%@+ 
floyd will mop pacman and ima laugh when yall get banned one by one for making sideways comments 

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

When in doubt pull the race card ; hating cause he's flip
yall flips have so much pride that yall end up looking stupid.....put the pride aside....yall acting like bitter %%#*%@+ 
floyd will mop pacman and ima laugh when yall get banned one by one for making sideways comments 

Shut up your just mad ya boy lost and if he gets in the ring against Money its going to be over
tongue.gif

I had money on Marquez and while I thought the fight was a draw or a JMM win, I had no doubt in my mind that if it went to decision Pacman was winning. There was absolutely no way JMM was going to get the a decision over Pacman unless he won like 8 rounds clearly. But I guess that's how it will always be, stars will get the calls on their side. There was no way that judges were going to potentially ruin or harm a future Mayweather/ Pacman fight by giving a decision victory to JMM.

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

Clean punching > Aggression.

This is what I'm saying, all I keep reading is Manny was the aggressor. How the hell does that matter if you're not landing your punches. JMM didn't SMASH Manny but it was a clear win. You could clearly give him 7-8 rounds, he outboxed Manny. I don't understand how people on here are saying draw or it was too close. Watched it on a British channel and after the fight the three commentators were saying crazy sh. Never heard commentating like that, straight dogging the outcome and questioning boxing. Also, how come nobody is mentioning what Arum said about "particularly Mexicans only thought JMM won" 
eek.gif

I still don't see how some call this a draw...probably gonna rewatch this in a few...maybe I'm missing something...but its.funny to me how Khan who is down with roach and pac yet repeatedly kept saying how bad he looked and how upset he was about it...he thought just as I did and the other commentator that pac needed a KO in the last round to win...

I need to watch this British telecast, I'm really curious to see what this fight was like with fair commentating
nerd.gif

It wasn't highway robbery like some make it out to be, but a draw is the right call. There's worse robberies every month in boxing. Just recently- Paul Williams vs Erislandy Lara, Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko, Devon Alexander vs Lucas Matthysse, Felix Sturm vs Matthew Macklin, etc. This one is just more controversial because it involves the pound for pound champion, and the fact that everyone expects Pacquiao to annihilate every opponent they put in front of him. In other words, all this controversy is due to people's high expectations of Manny Pacquiao. 

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I need to watch this British telecast, I'm really curious to see what this fight was like with fair commentating
nerd.gif
That's what I watched.  Amir Khan didn't sound like he thought manny won.  Before the decision was heard he even said he would step up and fight Marquez next.  The British guys in the studios were saying the judges were probably happy about being paid.  
laugh.gif

Most of the people at my house though mp lost, then when the decision came they acted like he clearly won the fight.  Such bs 
laugh.gif
.  I can't stand when my filipino people talk about boxing.  So biased and the only boxing they watch is when one of their own is fighting.  I don't blame them since it's the only sport they have to brag about besides billiards.

I knew there was a little chance Marquez would get a fair shot, but when I heard the results and that 1 judge had it off by like 4 rounds, all I could do is
30t6p3b.gif
. I still like boxing, but from the commentators acting like they were paid off, to the horrible decision, it's even harder to take this sport seriously (I know it's been like this for who knows how long though).

nerd.gif

...khan sounded genuinely upset and confused by pac's performance...the dudes after the fight went IN tho...had me rollin, dudes were sick

Originally Posted by shogun

nerd.gif
That's what I watched.  Amir Khan didn't sound like he thought manny won.  Before the decision was heard he even said he would step up and fight Marquez next.  The British guys in the studios were saying the judges were probably happy about being paid.  
laugh.gif

Most of the people at my house though mp lost, then when the decision came they acted like he clearly won the fight.  Such bs 
laugh.gif
.  I can't stand when my filipino people talk about boxing.  So biased and the only boxing they watch is when one of their own is fighting.  I don't blame them since it's the only sport they have to brag about besides billiards.
Same with me.  Alot of my friends are filipino or always ride hard for Manny.  Didn't even head to the bar to watch it with them for that reason.  They don't know anything about boxing but in their eyes Manny can do no wrong and is the greatest fighter ever.  I hope Mayweather vs Pac happens just so these type of fools can shut up for once and realize that Manny isn't as great as they think.  Mayweather would destroy Pac.

If you guys don't seriously laugh at Manny "Excuse Machine" Pacquiao idk what to tell you.

latimespugmire Lance Pugmire 

@TheFightSource asked manny if he was disappointed in self for not executing fight plan. He actually answered, said no, and blamed sore feet

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you have got to be kidding me

Son had used a socks excuse some years ago
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by airblaster503

RavageBX wrote:
Same with me.  Alot of my friends are filipino or always ride hard for Manny.  Didn't even head to the bar to watch it with them for that reason.  They don't know anything about boxing but in their eyes Manny can do no wrong and is the greatest fighter ever.  I hope Mayweather vs Pac happens just so these type of fools can shut up for once and realize that Manny isn't as great as they think.  Mayweather would destroy Pac.

The only good thing about last night was I didn't have to see fb statuses about how Floyd is a coward and scared to face him.  They at least put their bias aside for a few seconds and realized that would be foolish to say after last night.  I remember all the hate they had after Floyd knocked out Ortiz 
laugh.gif
.  I was one of the few who thought the ending was 
smokin.gif

The only good thing about last night was I didn't have to see fb statuses about how Floyd is a coward and scared to face him.  They at least put their bias aside for a few seconds and realized that would be foolish to say after last night.  I remember all the hate they had after Floyd knocked out Ortiz 
laugh.gif
.  I was one of the few who thought the ending was 
smokin.gif

Shogun, when did you change your avy my dude?

Originally Posted by aepps20

You talking about my old one with the UFC ring girls or the one before that with Shogun after he won the belt?
I changed it up to this one after I saw updated pics in the Rosa Acosta thread in general.  If I ever got really sick, my make a wish thing would be for that woman to sit on my face.  It's a terrible thing to say but that woman is 
eek.gif
 to me.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

It wasn't highway robbery like some make it out to be, but a draw is the right call. There's worse robberies every month in boxing. Just recently- Paul Williams vs Erislandy Lara, Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko, Devon Alexander vs Lucas Matthysse, Felix Sturm vs Matthew Macklin, etc. This one is just more controversial because it involves the pound for pound champion, and the fact that everyone expects Pacquiao to annihilate every opponent they put in front of him. In other words, all this controversy is due to people's high expectations of Manny Pacquiao. 

on point. u could tell most of the replies on here arent of a tru boxing fans but of fan boys. sit down and rewatch this fight and then call it a ""robbery"" lulz

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Sad robbery.

Marquez was focused and fought a virtuoso fight.

Controlled every round except for 3 or 4 of them and did so going backwards counterpunching and coming forward with accurate combinations.

Perfect counterpunching and ring generalship. He Disrupted Manny's aggression with a crisp jab, the body attack and the brilliant focused step back.

He really made Pacquiao look amateurish at times. Only when Pacquiao got desperate and started flurrying did he connect. And even then it was only one shot at a time because JMM would step back, rotate out of danger from the backhand and counter.

Marquez is always getting the short end of the stick because he's such a great technical boxer but he CLEARLY won this fight
I agree with you and that's why I see a problem with the mayweather fight. We know Mayweather is the best technical boxer out there. He is a counter puncher also. If the fight happens and goes the distance I could see the same thing happening.

i think jmm corner was wrong for telling him he was winning....if he doesnt coast the last couple rounds he gets a draw at worst....we all know the judges were not going to give jmm a decision...de la hoya made the same mistake with trinidad in the last round....there were a few rounds that could have gone either way...i still think the draw would be good....jmm showed alot and his style fits manny perfect...i do think after this floyd has the edge in that fight and i cant stand the guy...but we will see if manny gets him to brawl...it would be very interesting...

Originally Posted by aepps20

You talking about my old one with the UFC ring girls or the one before that with Shogun after he won the belt?
I changed it up to this one after I saw updated pics in the Rosa Acosta thread in general.  If I ever got really sick, my make a wish thing would be for that woman to sit on my face.  It's a terrible thing to say but that woman is 
eek.gif
 to me.
roll.gif
roll.gif

The UFC ring girls one. 

48376_o.gif

SUPERJUDAH ZAB JUDAH 5x Champ!
Robbery!!!!

andreward Andre S.O.G. Ward
Marquez won this fight, period!!

usscunningham Steve Cunningham
All pro fighters I know ,guys which know what to look 4 in a fight had jmm winning. It's not just entertainment to us its a #lifestyle#

jeanpascalchamp Jean Pascal
On my card Marquez WON!!!!

TheMarvelous0ne Marvin Hagler
Disgusting result! #ROBBERY!

ChrisArreola Chris Arreola
Marquez won, true champ. Let's see Mayweather-Pacquiao. !%+@.

OscarDeLaHoya Oscar De La Hoya
I'm still sitting on my couch in disbelief.

THEREALBHOP BERNARD HOPKINS EX
@FloydMayweather blow thru @MannyPacquiao easy!!

andredirrell Andre Dirrell 

Ok after this fight, I don't know what 2 think! Did JMM just have a good night, or did Pacman put on a great possum show 2 get MW! U TELL ME

mattmacklin matthew macklin 

It was close but still wrong...and for it to happen THREE times!!!!!?? @!+!!!

4xworldchamp terry norris 

Wow! Thought PAC man would win. But clearly Marquez was robbed again. PAC did NOT win this fight.

AndreBerto Andre Berto 

Smh WOW..... Come on u know Top Rank was gonna let Marquez @%%* the money up!!! Great fight though

OmarHenry Omar Henry 

Wow I just watched Pacquiao get beat and Marquez get robbed!!!! and yes I was one of the people in the crowd booing the robbery!!!!

!important; text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; cursor: pointer; ">IsheSugarShay Ishe Smith 

; text-decoration: none; white-space: nowrap; ">@MrNmRsT that's why I took a break, the scoring and %+*%*! up judging has ruined the sport

nerd.gif
My stream was on Primetime.

They were OUTRAGED
laugh.gif

I watched the SkySports telecast and IMO it was unbiased. There were some occasions when they were really hyping the upset, especially midway through the fight, but I felt they called everything fairly.
You can say whatever you want about the final result, but the fact Freddie Roach told Manny that he was behind speaks volumes. At the end Manny and his corner looked disappointed, and you could tell they were expecting the loss.

If you were to check my scorecard, it wouldn't have even been close, I gave the bout to Marquez without question. Now, with that said, you have to understand, Manny is one of the two most valuable commodities in boxing right now. There's no way Marquez was going to win, especially without having any knockdowns.

The final result was disappointing, and I felt the better man was not rewarded with the victory, but I wouldn't go out and say I'm outraged by the spectacle.

Back
Top Bottom