Offical: Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez III 11/12/11

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I need to watch this British telecast, I'm really curious to see what this fight was like with fair commentating
nerd.gif
My stream was on Primetime.

They were OUTRAGED
laugh.gif
Primetime commentators WENT IN on the post fight show.
Spoke about the judges being paid off and everything.

Them Brits keep it real.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

It wasn't highway robbery like some make it out to be, but a draw is the right call. There's worse robberies every month in boxing. Just recently- Paul Williams vs Erislandy Lara, Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko, Devon Alexander vs Lucas Matthysse, Felix Sturm vs Matthew Macklin, etc. This one is just more controversial because it involves the pound for pound champion, and the fact that everyone expects Pacquiao to annihilate every opponent they put in front of him. In other words, all this controversy is due to people's high expectations of Manny Pacquiao. 

on point. u could tell most of the replies on here arent of a tru boxing fans but of fan boys. sit down and rewatch this fight and then call it a ""robbery"" lulz

No u need to go back and watch that fight again

I need to watch this British telecast, I'm really curious to see what this fight was like with fair commentating
nerd.gif

They were OUTRAGED
laugh.gif
Found part of the post fight on youtube

2009 Fighting at the same weight class it went 118-109, 120-107 and 119-108. Mayweather toyed with JMM they didn't even belong in the same ring... And Pac barely (if he deserves that much of a margin) beats JMM...

nerd.gif

They were OUTRAGED
laugh.gif

same here i was mad i didnt get to watch the hbo broadcast though they didnt show stats the whole fight

I was way off with my prediction. In my opinion Marquez was robbed. Yes Pac threw more punches but not by many and Marquez had the cleaner, harder shots. Marquez never look hurt but Pacman's knees buckled a couple of times. Great fight

Am I the only one who lost a little interest in Mayweather vs Pacquaio? If he fights mayweather the way he fought yesterday he is going to look so outclassed in the ring.

nerd.gif

They were OUTRAGED
laugh.gif
Yezzir was watchin the same thing. One of those dudes was about to explode he was so 
mad.gif
mad.gif

Pacfan here.. I had pac losin or draw. That aside, I think May has been duckin Pac and now he has no reason to. Pac is obviously a bit past his own prime now and shows how how bad he struggles with a great counterpuncher. I've always said May would win Pac, but he's jus scared of a loss. Pac is game to fight, win or lose. Let's jus see it.

When it all ends (both careers) I think both would regret the fight not happening. Mays best chance to beat pac is now and pac needs to get may over with to deal with politics. :tongue:

I just re-watched the whole fight again. And this time, I scored it myself... I had them both a draw up to the 10th round. JMM went to cruise mode, which made Pac seem like the "aggressor" therefore Pac gets the last 2 rounds. Basically I had it like:

Pacquiao: Rounds 1, 3, 4, 6, 9, 11, 12     Marquez: Rounds 2, 5, 7, 8, 10

Here some stats from the fight:

Total Punches by Pacquiao: 176/578 = 30%     Total Punches by Marquez: 138/436 = 32%

Total Power Punches by Pacquiao: 117/274 = 43%     Total Power Punches by Marquez: 100/254 = 39%

Punches that landed on Pacquiao: 138     Punches that landed on Marquez: 166

On paper, it seems that Pacquiao won the fight. But through the boxing fans eyes and expectations of a knockout... Pacquiao didn't win.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

I just re-watched the whole fight again. And this time, I scored it myself...

And who the hell are you again? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Look at analysis from around the world. JMM won or it was a draw at the very least. There is no way Manny won, on paper, papyrus, slate, stone, whatever! Compubox clowns  
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Look at analysis from around the world. JMM won or it was a draw at the very least. There is no way Manny won, on paper, papyrus, slate, stone, whatever! Compubox clowns  
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Annnnndddd you are?
roll.gif
  You are a nobody! So get off me child... you see a lot of NTers on here and the Official Boxing thread posting on which rounds they gave Pac or JMM, yet you quote mine? What? Dudes can't have opinions now?
laugh.gif
Fall back kid.

I absolutely HATE Manny Pacquiao fans. He honestly is the most OVERRATED athlete on the planet right now.

I can't wait for Floyd to expose him. Floyd beat everyone Pac beat BEFORE him. If anyone tries to argue that Manny is better than Floyd then you DONT KNOW BOXING!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Annnnndddd you are?
roll.gif
  You are a nobody! So get off me child... you see a lot of NTers on here and the Official Boxing thread posting on which rounds they gave Pac or JMM, yet you quote mine? What? Dudes can't have opinions now?
laugh.gif
Fall back kid.
You used COMPUBOX numbers to help you out. COMPUBOX.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's alright. The right race won and that's all that matters to you. "We" 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But we got the win, so 
pimp.gif
 to that. . 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Annnnndddd you are?
roll.gif
laugh.gif
Fall back kid.
You used COMPUBOX numbers to help you out. COMPUBOX.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's alright. The right race won and that's all that matters to you. "We" 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Oh you still mad about that huh? The right race
laugh.gif
I love this kid.

bottom line is the opinions of anyone who thinks pacquiao won that fight shouldn't be taken seriously anymore when they talk about sports.

there's a difference between liking someone and being a stan, and most pacquiao stans don't know diddily poo about boxing.

Back
Top Bottom