Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Gil.
laugh.gif

While we all find that funny, I wonder if Stern is laughing at that photo. Especially after he apologizes and all that, then he makes light of it before agame? I know Gil got a sense of humor, I don't think Stern does though.

Gil suspended. Mike and Mike was sayin it should be for the rest of the year, roughly 50 games and 10 mil (9.9) or so is what it would cost him.

Damn.

On the bright side, take the extra time off to get those legs FULLY healthy, I bet her comes out ballin next season provided Stern lets him come back.

Cuban not happy about facing Cowboys

DALLAS -- Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is firing criticism at a league office again, but this time he has the NFL in his crosshairs.

Cuban is upset that the NFL scheduled the Dallas Cowboys' home playoff game against the Philadelphia Eagles for Saturday night, which conflicts with the Mavericks' home game against the Utah Jazz.

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban joins Mike and Kevin to discuss Cuban's comments about the NFL scheduling playoff games opposite the NBA.

"I know we're just little pissants compared to the NFL, but seriously, the NFL is turning into the ugly American when it comes to sports leagues," Cuban said. "They don't give a crap about anybody but themselves."

Cuban continued his rant via Twitter on Wednesday, pointing out a second NFL game going head-to-head with an NBA game in Boston.

Tweeted Cuban: "NFL couldnt schedule the Pats for late game on Sun rather than opposite Celtics @1pm?"

The Boston Celtics host the Toronto Raptors at 1 p.m. ET, while the New England Patriots open the playoffs at home against the Baltimore Ravens at the same time.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello has declined to respond to Cuban's comments.

The Mavericks' sellout streak of 334 consecutive games is not in jeopardy Saturday night because all the tickets have already been sold, Cuban said. However, he anticipates a high number of no-shows.

Will Cuban EVER shut the !$%$ up?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Gil suspended. Mike and Mike was sayin it should be for the rest of the year, roughly 50 games and 10 mil (9.9) or so is what it would cost him.

Damn.

On the bright side, take the extra time off to get those legs FULLY healthy, I bet her comes out ballin next season provided Stern lets him come back.
I won't be surprised if his contract is voided.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Damn.

I would be SHOCKED if it was. That would be letting Washington off a HUGE hook.

They move Caron, lose Gil's contract, they will have money fallin out their pockets for this summer.
eek.gif

I don't see Stern helpin them out that much. But, I guess I could be wrong. We'll see.

^yup. we wont get Lebron or anything but we will have plenty of money to bring Kevin Durant home in 2011
pimp.gif

Gil.
laugh.gif

While we all find that funny, I wonder if Stern is laughing at that photo. Especially after he apologizes and all that, then he makes light of it before a game? I know Gil got a sense of humor, I don't think Stern does though.
Called it this morning.
laugh.gif
Sorry Gil.

Damn.

They move Caron, lose Gil's contract, they will have money fallin out their pockets for this summer.
eek.gif

I don't see Stern helpin them out that much. But, I guess I could be wrong. We'll see.
It's not in Stern's powers, it's in the Wizards hands if they want to void his contract as far as I understand things.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Cuban not happy about facing Cowboys

DALLAS -- Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is firing criticism at a league office again, but this time he has the NFL in his crosshairs.

Cuban is upset that the NFL scheduled the Dallas Cowboys' home playoff game against the Philadelphia Eagles for Saturday night, which conflicts with the Mavericks' home game against the Utah Jazz.

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban joins Mike and Kevin to discuss Cuban's comments about the NFL scheduling playoff games opposite the NBA.

"I know we're just little pissants compared to the NFL, but seriously, the NFL is turning into the ugly American when it comes to sports leagues," Cuban said. "They don't give a crap about anybody but themselves."

Cuban continued his rant via Twitter on Wednesday, pointing out a second NFL game going head-to-head with an NBA game in Boston.

Tweeted Cuban: "NFL couldnt schedule the Pats for late game on Sun rather than opposite Celtics @1pm?"

The Boston Celtics host the Toronto Raptors at 1 p.m. ET, while the New England Patriots open the playoffs at home against the Baltimore Ravens at the same time.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello has declined to respond to Cuban's comments.

The Mavericks' sellout streak of 334 consecutive games is not in jeopardy Saturday night because all the tickets have already been sold, Cuban said. However, he anticipates a high number of no-shows.

Will Cuban EVER shut the !$%$ up?
ohwell.gif

he has a valid point here

Damn.

eek.gif

It's not in Stern's powers, it's in the Wizards hands if they want to void his contract as far as I understand things.
The Warriors couldn't void Sprewell's contract after he choked PJ. If the Wizards still want to, it will probably go through arbitrationand die there. The Union got Gil's back... We'll see though. NBA, where amazing happens.

God bless the Nets. The cure for what ails you...

Also,
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ the Philips Arena organ playing "Empire State of Mind."

The refs are doing there best to try and rob us.

14 FT attempts for the Raptors, none for the Raptors.

edit

and now Bargnani fouls out on a bail out, disgusting.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

The refs are doing there best to try and rob us.

14 FT attempts for the Raptors, none for the Raptors.

edit

and now Bargnani fouls out on a bail out, disgusting.

lol wut

Please tell me someone was watching the Blazers broadcast last night when their trivia question was "What Blazer made an All Rookie first team, anAll-Star appearance, and a Finals appearance?"

Their answer was Hershey Hawkins (yes, they spelled it like the chocolate company) and not only did he never play for the Blazers during his career, theyconsider him a "Blazer" (and thus the correct answer) because he's the current director of player development.

What a joke of a broadcast team.

Back
Top Bottom