Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

laugh.gif
at "the best point guard in the NBA's" line.

Love - 20, 16 and 5

O.J. - 20, 4, 6, 2 and 1

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Like the Clippers are any better dude?

laugh.gif

roll.gif
coming from a "wait 'til Summer 2010" NYKer fan
clippers? dude i dont know why your talking so much *##% on the pacers like the clippers have been relevant in the past decade, please at leastget back to me when darius and lamar come back..at least you do have eg right now the only thing positive about that team

oh wait unless you are one of those dudes that thinks lebrons coming to the clippers

these refs in the mavs VS houston game $+%%%%! SUCK

they about to call a flagrant foul on a regular foul

EDIT

and they also give that soft bum at center for the mavs a Tech cause he threw a elbow at the end

this is so stupid

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

laugh.gif

Love - 20, 16 and 5

O.J. - 20, 4, 6, 2 and 1

pimp.gif

OJ was playing a little PG tonight too and looked good.

Mike Conley - 19 pts, 8 asts, 5 rebs

Conley must be a member on NT the way people dog him (including me). He continues to impress averaging 14ppg and 5apg in the month of December.

Tell me waht's up Mike, I didn't get to watch the game.

Seems like a lot of technicals thrown around.

Dirk's arm.
sick.gif

Gilbert Arenas - 45 pts, 13 assists. could have hit 50 had he just made his FTs.
Caron had 28-10-4 steals.

the Warriors are basically a D-league team, but its good for Gilbert to know what it feels like to be in his groove again.. and also good that Caron andGilbert played well together, which hasnt happened in a while. hopefully we will start warming up now.

What the hell was that Utah?
sick.gif

Kyle Lowry.
eek.gif

I'm not hating, I'm asking, is it coincidence that the 6ers win IN BOSTON without AI? Is that just random luck, or something else?

CP3.
grin.gif
Good lord man.

Gosh damn, another win for both OKC and Memphis. Those kids are really comin along.

70-33 at the half, TOR/NJ. Really?
indifferent.gif
Come on Nets. Watch themgive the Lakers a damn game tonight.
smh.gif

Sac losing to Minnesota surprises me. I'm confused by that, I'm used to the Kings losing, and now I'm surprised when they don't? They mustbe getting better.

Dirk won't play vs Cleveland?
smh.gif

Did I really see Kidd try to run thru and start some #@@% with a 6'10" cat?
laugh.gif

Teague...
pimp.gif

(No embed...
smh.gif
)

[h3]Walsh not shopping Robinson?[/h3]
10:33AM ET

[h5]Nate Robinson | Knicks[/h5]
Top Email

The New York Daily News reports Nate Robinson's agent, Aaron Goodwin, contacted Knicks president Donnie Walsh earlier this week. They spoke about Robinosn's benching by head coach Mike D'Antoni.

"Anytime he's talked to me he's been very courteous, and look, he wants Nate to get out in front," said Walsh. "I told him, 'Look, from Mike's first statement on this, he said Nate's going out of the rotation but it won't be forever. I'll get back to you.' The idea is to get Nate playing the way (D'Antoni) wants him to, so that's what I'm going with. I'm OK with what Mike wants to do in any game."

Walsh shot down the notion Friday night that he's trying to trade Robinson.

"There are conversations going on every day, but that doesn't mean there's going to be a trade," Walsh said, referring to dialogue in the Knicks' front office. "I haven't been shopping anybody. ... I'm not shopping him."

http:// [h3]Diaw to handle the ball more?[/h3]
10:22AM ET

[h5]Boris Diaw | Bobcats[/h5]
Top Email

The Charlotte Bobcats like to run their offense through power forward Boris Diaw, but that has been reduced with the addition of Stephen Jackson.

Bobcats head coach Larry Brown concedes he needs to get Diaw the ball more. He hopes that will cut down on the miscommunication between the players.

"He sees so much that sometimes he tries to have everybody thinking on the same page he is. Sometimes guys don't think as rapidly as he does," Brown told The Charlotte Observer of Diaw's turnovers. "For us to be successful, the ball has to go through him a lot, a lot more than it has been."

http:// [h3]Miami no longer wedded to Chalmers?[/h3]
9:49AM ET

[h5]Mario Chalmers | Heat[/h5]
Top Email

Mario Chalmers is not living up to the Heat's expectations and recently was regulated to the backup point guard position.

Chalmers' poor play may have the Heat rethinking their roster decisions for next season. Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel writes:

"The premise with Chalmers, of course, was the Heat would have a low-budget starter next season, when it would be spending the rest of its cap space on high-end free agents. Now some consideration also will have to be given to point guard. Suddenly, this team no longer seems wedded to Chalmers as its definitive starting point guard of the future."

http:// [h3]Duffy wants $60M for Randolph?[/h3]
9:31AM ET

[h5]Anthony Randolph | Warriors[/h5]
Top Email

Anthony Randolph's name has been brought up a lot recently in trade talks for many reasaons. Randolph is not happy about his playing time and that is not sitting well with his agent, Bill Duffy.

Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News has some great insight into why the Warriors would be willing to trade Randolph now.

Kawakami writes: "Two NBA sources said it's no coincidence that talk of a possible Warriors interest in trading Randolph came up as Duffy apparently made it known that the Randolph Camp is seriously thinking about his extension possibilities when he becomes eligible after next season. ... The loose figures I heard: Duffy is mentioning 5 years, $60M or more, given Randolph's size and unique skill set ... I've heard Cleveland's J.J. Hickson's name come up as a straight up possibility and now, that is NOT getting value for Randolph. The Warriors hopes are to package Randolph with Corey Maggette.

http:// [h3]Saunders to rein in players?[/h3]
9:29AM ET

[h5]Flip Saunders | Wizards[/h5]
Top Email

Flip Saunders came to the Wizards with a philosophy that he wasn't going force the team to learn his extensive playbook or call plays from the sideline. Saunders felt it wouldn't work with the players on the team, but he says he is beginning to rethink the freedom he gives his players.

"I think I'm going to have to rein it in," Saunders told The Washington Times Friday morning. "In all my years of coaching, and this is CBA and 15 seasons in the NBA, I have never had to yell at a player for taking bad shots in a game, - until this year. "I think there's no question, it's a Catch-22. You try to give them their freedom so they find their confidence. But then when you have to keep talking to them about what's a good shot and what's a bad shot, you get to the point where you say, 'To hell with the confidence. You have to understand.'"

http:// [h3]Fear still motivates Popovich[/h3]
8:46AM ET

[h5]Gregg Popovich | Spurs[/h5]
Top Email

Gregg Popovich will get his 700th win as a head coach if the Spurs beat the Pacers tonight. Only 15 coaches have won 700 games and only two, Red Auerbach (Celtics) and Jerry Sloan (Jazz), did it with one team.

Fear still motivates Popovich. Not the fear of being fired, but fear of failure.

"I don't have fear that my owner is going to fire me tomorrow," Popovich told the San Antonio Express-News. "But I do have a fear of failure, like anybody else. We talk to the players about 'appropriate fear' all the time. It's that nervousness in your belly that makes you want to watch more film or whatever it is."

http:// [h3]Durant won't dunk[/h3]
8:30AM ET

[h5]Kevin Durant | Thunder[/h5]
Top Email

Kevin Durant was invited to participate in the All-Star Game dunk contest but turned down the opportunity. Durant says he will concentrate on defending his HORSE title during All-Star weekend.

"I don't jump high enough for those guys," Durant told The Oklahoman. "Shannon Brown, LeBron James, Rudy Gay, Dwight Howard, Nate Robinson, they're like all the way at the top of the mountain. I'm all the way at the bottom, trying to climb my way up."

http:// [h3]Rivers won't summit with Wallace[/h3]
8:05AM ET

[h5]Rasheed Wallace | Celtics[/h5]
Top Email

Rasheed Wallace was ejected last night during a timeout with 5:35 left in the second quarter. He has the most technicals of any player in the league.

Celtics head coach Doc Rivers said he was disappointed in the ejection, but he doesn't think a summit with Wallace is needed.

"Yeah, I am. I'm disappointed when anybody gets thrown out of a game," Rivers told The Boston Globe. "You know, whether he's right or wrong doesn't matter -- you've got to control yourself to stay in the game. But he didn't. And I didn't. I wasn't going to try to stand there and talk him out of it. He's a grown man. And, you know, at some point, it's him.

"Listen, I can talk to Wallace. And I will a little bit. But, I'm not going to have a summit, I can tell you that. It's too early. He's been doing it a long time. He's an expert at it. But we knew that when we got him, and I still love him. I think he's great, he's been great for our team, but he's going to have some of these days."

http:// [h3]Gasol agrees to an extension[/h3]
7:53AM ET

[h5]Pau Gasol | Lakers[/h5]
Top Email

HOOPSWORLD reported Friday that the Los Angeles Lakers were close to signing Pau Gasol to a three-year extension.

The Los Angeles Times reports the extension will be worth about $64.7 million. Gasol should sign the new deal when the Lakers return from their road trip.

http:// [h3]Moore out three months[/h3]
7:38AM ET

[h5]Mikki Moore | Warriors[/h5]
Top Email

From today's San Francisco Chronicle:

Mikki Moore had surgery Friday to remove bone spurs from his right heel and will miss at least three months, according to the Warriors.
Moore had been playing through the pain since last season. He could return for the last couple of weeks of the season, but that's unlikely for a 12th-year center playing on a one-year, veteran's minimum deal.

http:// [h3]Two more years for Petrie[/h3]
7:30AM ET

[h5]Sacramento Kings[/h5]
Top Email

Geoff Petrie, the Kings basketball president is expected to sign an extension in the near future. The Sacramento Bee reports the extension will be for two years.

Petrie, who is in his 16th season with the Kings, is the league's longest tenure among front-office types.

http:// [h3]Daniels shooting for a February return[/h3]
7:08AM ET

[h5]Marquis Daniels | Celtics[/h5]
Top Email

A week after undergoing surgery on his left wrist, Marquis Daniels learned Friday that the best-case scenario for his return to the court is just before the All-Star break in February.

"It don't hurt as bad," Daniels told The Boston Globe. "Actually, initially, just keeping your hand up. They say if you leave it down, it swells up on you. Trying to sleep like this is not good."

http:// [h3]When will Iverson return?[/h3]
6:48AM ET

[h5]Allen Iverson | 76ers[/h5]
Top Email

Allen Iverson's arthritic left knee could keep him out for more time than originally thought. 76ers head coach Eddie Jordan said yesterday that Iverson would be back for tonight's game against the Clippers. Later Jordan said Iverson could be out until the team plays in Utah next Saturday.

A 76ers official clarified Iverson's status with the Philadelphia Daily News:

"There is certainly a possibility that he could be out until Utah. It depends on what Dr. Jack [McPhilemy] says and how he [Iverson] feels [today]. Is there a possibility he could play [tonight]? Yes, depending on how he feels. However, if he's not responding well, there is the thought process that maybe we hold him out [tonight] and Tuesday [in Washington] and let him get an extra week of rest, then bring him back for Utah."

http:// [h3]Williams wants to return early[/h3]
6:34AM ET

[h5]Lou Williams | 76ers[/h5]
Top Email

Lou Williams has been out about three weeks with a broken jaw. He is hoping to return earlier than December 26 and that could happen if he checks outs with his doctor.

"Waiting for the oral surgeon to make sure my jaw is A-OK," Williams told The Denver Post. "Earliest possible for me, I think we've all agreed on Friday for Utah, and I'm kind of pushing the envelope to go before that, so we'll see."

--What happened to Utah last night? Hawks are straight ballin right now. What a squad.
--SMH. The Celtics shouldve handled the Sixers. At home!
--Good road win for the Rockets.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

laugh.gif

Love - 20, 16 and 5

O.J. - 20, 4, 6, 2 and 1

pimp.gif

OJ was playing a little PG tonight too and looked good.

Mike Conley - 19 pts, 8 asts, 5 rebs

Conley must be a member on NT the way people dog him (including me). He continues to impress averaging 14ppg and 5apg in the month of December.
Kyle Lowry must be a member of NT too. Haha. Yeah, Conley has played well this month, but Lowry did his thing too last night. Debate goes on...Ok, not really. Haha.

I wish the Rockets would move Lowry if they gonna keep Brooks as their guy. I'd like to see what he could do as a full time starter runnin a team.

Lowry always reminds me of Derek Fisher, minus the jump shot and muscles
laugh.gif

He still looks like he's 17 out there.

That was probably Lowry's best game as a pro, still like him coming off the bench better though. Don't need them Rafer like shooting percentages. I seeyou Shane.

Back
Top Bottom