Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Thunder lost 4 of their last 5. I knew it was coming sooner or later. Its a good thing they started off good, so losing in stretches like this wouldn't hurt them that bad. Hopefully they get it, but it doesn't get any easier before the All-Star break.

you take every chance to take shots and OKC, dont you.

in their defense, durants hasnt been playing that well. well the past 3.

How is that taking a shot at them? I'm just stating the fact that I knew they would hit some lows this season being a young team because they aren't onthe same level as Portland was during the year they went on that big winning streak. I don't always praise the team, but I think in the end they will beok. Just not in the playoffs this season.

Everyone knew that depending solely on Durant an entire season would probably hurt them because he's still 21 and having to carry a whole load night afternight isn't an easy job. He does great on nights, then he does terrible on other nights. Its apart of the game, nothing dealing with taking a shot at them.

And trolls like Cleaves have no respectable review of any issue because he throws comments up like the one above. What does saying something likeThunder>>>Grizz have anything to do with what I said above? I don't need to get into a Thunder/Grizz argument again because its easy to see whereeach team excels and what each team downfall is.

Go put some Christmas lights or something.
laugh.gif

gerald wallace

30pts 13rebs 5ast

18pts 12rebs for the season....a 6'7 small forward...he deserves to be an allstar

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Big Roy.
pimp.gif

20/7/6
sick.gif
there's gona be a team that plays in the half court that picks him up when the rookie deal is up and they'll have a steal.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

There's a reason why Lowry was always considered a backup by Memphis fans and Conley was considered the better of the two. He may have improved drastically since leaving Memphis, but I don't see him being the type of PG to give defenses fits at his best like Conley can. I don't know whether Lowry will ever get a jumper. If he does, he could definitely be considered as a starter on some team in the NBA.

There are a bunch of average PG's in the league. You have guys like Stuckey winning POTW honors. The thing between alot of these guards is how many shot attempts they score on. I think Conley's accolades have come with better play and the Grizzlies winning. When you look at Conley with regards to some of these other point guards he just isn't going to get the type of FGA's to put up big numbers on a night in and night out basis which is why I think alot of people like to say he sucks. Memphis doesn't need him to average 20 and 10 a night. I'm sure if Memphis had no other scoring on the team that he would look to score more.

Conley so far on the season is averaging 10 pts on only 8.4 FGA's per game

Thats a 1.19 PPS which is higher than Jennings and Stuckey. The difference is Conley doesn't get the 18 FGA's a night like those guys do. Jennings had 18 pts last night on 21 shots.

Conley has to be lights out in his shooting to put up good numbers, he just isn't going to get the 15+ FGA's a night other guards get. Statistically his numbers are comparable to those other guys with the exception of FGA's they're at 18 a night while he is at 8 which hurts him in his point production. Thats just what it is on this team.

Before Conley turned it on, he was in the below average group of PG's and now he's in the average group somewhere in the middle nearing the top tier of that group.
I give you props for being so loyal to Conley as a Grizzlies fan. But the fact that you make it sound like Conley was the starter for sure andLowry the back-up while he was on the Grizzlies just seems weird. I mean, we talking about the Memphis Grizzlies at the end of the day. Not like either of themdid or will ever be that dude that leads the Grizzlies to the playoffs anyways (he is clearly the fifth best player on the team). There is also a reason whyhe's only getting 10 pts a game. He's the last option for the starters. But yeah, time will tell if Memphis made the right choice sticking with Conley.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Big Roy.
pimp.gif

20/7/6
sick.gif
there's gona be a team that plays in the half court that picks him up when the rookie deal is up and they'll have a steal.
I sure hope so, or at least have a coaching change in IND, because Jim's not doing Hibbert justice.

[h3]Pistons banged up[/h3]
12:25PM ET

[h5]Detroit Pistons[/h5]
Top Email

The Detroit Free-Press reported Saturday that the Detroit Piston will be without Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince Sunday versus the Los Angeles Lakers, and they could be without Ben Gordon too.

The good news is, forward Charlie Villanueva will play despite a sore heel, and Gordon hasn't been ruled out.

Without Hamilton and Prince, head coach John Kuester is likely to lean on Rodney Stuckey to do more of the scoring, but to compete with the Lakers Sunday, Will Bynum could be a key player in heavier minutes. Jason Maxiel and Jonas Jerebko may get increased time versus a bigger Lakers lineup, and Chris Wilcox could be asked to match up with LaMar Odom with Prince out.

http:// [h3]Cavs looking to match up[/h3]
12:16PM ET

[h5]Cleveland Cavaliers[/h5]
Top Email

The Cleveland Cavaliers know they have an advantage at the small forward spot where LeBron James is dominant, and consistently turns out top-drawer performances. But the team has apparently look at their main competitors and noticed one disadvantage: The power forward position, and particularly when it comes to scoring.

Brian Windhorst reports that the Cavs see the likes Boston's Kevin Garnett and Rasheed Wallace, and Orlando's Rashard Lewis as big obstacles in a playoff series and are looking to get better at the four spot before February's trade deadline.

After failing to sign Channing Frye or Linas Kleiza over the summer, Windhorst lists Warriors forward Anthony Randolph as a trade target, as well as well as Troy Murphy of the Indiana Pacers and Washington Wizards veteran Antawn Jamison.

http:// [h3]Update: Barbosa on schedule[/h3]
12:04PM ET

[h5]Leandro Barbosa | Suns[/h5]
Top Email

Leandro Barbosa is still on schedule to return Friday versus the Los Angeles Clipper, Coro wrote Saturday night. Barbosa has been out since November 15 with a sprained ankle.

Phoenix already leads the league in scoring at 108.9 points per game, and Barbosa was averaging 11.6 points per game and shooting over 40 percent from three-point range before the injury, suggesting that the Suns offense could get even better upon his return.

The team absorbed Barbosa's absence by spreading out more minutes for Steve Nash, Grant Hill and Jason Richardson, and getting Goran Dragic more involved. It remains to be seen if head coach Alvin Gentry will simply use Barbosa to get Nash more rest or whether the two play more together and the aforementioned Dragic loses minutes.

http:// [h3]Who's stepping up in Miami?[/h3]
11:56AM ET

[h5]Dwyane Wade | Heat[/h5]
Top Email

With Dwyane Wade's being subdued a little bit by an ailing back, at least theoretically, the team may need to get more scoring from someone else.

The prime candidates are Michael Beasley, Jermaine O'Neal and Quentin Richardson. Richardson may see a few more minutes per game until Wade is back to 100 percent, and he may be the key figure for Miami.

Wade is expected to play Sunday versus Portland, but the team's overall effort on defense and a little extra offensive help would make things a little easier on Wade's back. After all, he has been carrying an entire franchise on it for some time now.

http:// [h3]Bulls to run more with Thomas?[/h3]
11:43AM ET

[h5]Tyrus Thomas | Bulls[/h5]
Top Email

The Chicago Bulls push the ball now, behind point guard Derrick Rose, but forward Tyrus Thomas is due back within the next week or so and his strength is his athleticism, and he loves to run the floor and get out on the fast break.

Ahh, a new target for Rose.

Thomas' return to the lineup could ultimately cut into the minutes being played by Taj Gibson and James Johnson, and could allow head coach Vinny Del Negro to go small with Thomas at the four or five and even with a big lineup using Thomas at the three.

http:// [h3]Magic guard back soon?[/h3]
11:35AM ET

[h5]Jameer Nelson | Magic[/h5]
Top Email

Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel reports that Orlando Magic point guard Jameer Nelson will practice Sunday and could play Wednesday against the Houston Rockets.

Nelson joined his team for shootaround Saturday and his knee felt "wonderful" afterward.

In his absence, Jason Williams and Anthony Johnson have handled the point guard duties, combining for almost 13 points and more than seven assists per night. But one of them is going to be relegated to spot duty once Nelson returns, and a trade is not out of the question, either.

http:// [h3]Kiki: Let's go back to basics[/h3]
11:25AM ET

[h5]New Jersey Nets[/h5]
Top Email

New Jersey Nets head coach Kiki Vandeweigh is going back to basics when it comes to his team's defensive efforts.

"Obviously there are offensive-minded players and defensive-minded players," Vandeweghe said. "But rather than focus on more rotations and things like that, we'll focus on guarding your own man."

Guarding your own man? As opposed to, what? Well, the Nets haven't been guarding anyone this year, allowing 101 points per game, No. 18 in the league, including an opponents field goal percentage of .482, third worst in the NBA.

Vandeweigh has his work cut out for him.

http:// [h3]Nets forward back soon?[/h3]
11:16AM ET

[h5]Yi Jianlian | Nets[/h5]
Top Email

Yi Jianlian, recovering from a knee injury and an elbow plant to the face, is due back soon, writes the Newark Star-Ledger.

Jianlian's return would give the Nets more depth, whether the 7-footer jumps into the starting lineup or is used off the bench. If he starts, Josh Boone heads back to the bench and Jainlian joins Brook Lopez and Chris Douglas-Roberts on a pretty solid front line.

http:// [h3]When will Iverson return?[/h3]
11:03AM ET

[h5]Allen Iverson | 76ers[/h5]
Top Email

Allen Iverson's arthritic left knee could keep him out for more time than originally thought. 76ers head coach Eddie Jordan said yesterday that Iverson would be back for tonight's game against the Clippers. Later Jordan said Iverson could be out until the team plays in Utah next Saturday.

A 76ers official clarified Iverson's status with the Philadelphia Daily News:

"There is certainly a possibility that he could be out until Utah. It depends on what Dr. Jack [McPhilemy] says and how he [Iverson] feels [today]. Is there a possibility he could play [tonight]? Yes, depending on how he feels. However, if he's not responding well, there is the thought process that maybe we hold him out [tonight] and Tuesday [in Washington] and let him get an extra week of rest, then bring him back for Utah."

pacers really need to fire jim o'brien asap and we need to get rid of bird they are slowly just pushing the pacers downhill

"If anyone wants to talk about stats, yeah, he scored a lot, but overall I don't think he had a better game than I did," said Jennings, whose team fell to 9-5 at home. "It wasn't a one-on-one battle, but I know how people get about the stats. … Take a look at that stat sheet."
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

you wanna join the bandwagon? Its only like 3 ofus lol.

I can't believe how zbo stepped up tonite. He had 32 and 24 tonite. Warriors up next. If we lose to them, I will be pissed because we suppose to beconsistent. We've beaten portland, dallas, cleveland and denver within the past 2 weeks. And barely lost to boston.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

"If anyone wants to talk about stats, yeah, he scored a lot, but overall I don't think he had a better game than I did," said Jennings, whose team fell to 9-5 at home. "It wasn't a one-on-one battle, but I know how people get about the stats. … Take a look at that stat sheet."
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

LET IT GO

- Shaq needs to hang 'em up. 1-7 shooting, 5 pts, 8 boards.
sick.gif

I've been saying all along that the Cavs should start Z over Shaq. But no, we all know Diesel wouldn't go for it.

- Melo with yet another fantastic game. But no Chauncey + Z-bo beasting equals a loss.

- Pierce's stat-line... 29 points on only 14 shots.
pimp.gif

- Beasley needs more touches!!! 13 shots tonight while Wade took 31 (and only had 28 points).
smh.gif
smh.gif

Oh ishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... That's as close to being thread-worthy as anything I've seen.
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom