Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

The hell? So the Bulls got tired of winning, and couldn't wait to let Phil walk, and now the Lakers may play that same stupid game? Really?
grin.gif

Buss better pray he don't screw this up. He's got the whole team locked up for the next 3-4 years after the Kobe deal gets done, give Phil what hewants, win a bunch more games and playoff games, sell tickets, be on the forefront of the NBA for a while, and shut the @#$% up.

If he tosses Phil aside for that douche bag son of his, I'm on the next flight to LA.

(I had a hilarious line to insert right here, but Mike and I both caught warnings last week from it, so I had to save it)
laugh.gif

Mike D'Antoni's Knicks -- we repeat: Mike D'Antoni's Knicks -- holding seven straight foes below 100 points in their 7-3 December.
this is how bad the knicks have been, they haven't gone this long without giving up 100 since November of 2005.

[table][tr][td]
mem.gif
[/td] [td]14 (16)[/td] [td]Grizzlies[/td] [td]12-15[/td] [td]Division leaders Cleveland, Dallas and now Denver are all Grizz victims, but I have to admit that I still can't stop myself from wondering what we'd be saying if they had drafted Memphis alum Tyreke Evans over Thabeet.[/td] [/tr][/table]

smh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

(I had a hilarious line to insert right here, but Mike and I both caught warnings last week from it, so I had to save it)
laugh.gif

wait i caught a warning?

and henzo is talking about taken thabeet over evans, without thinking OJ and evans would never work

Yeah man, same ol same ol us messin around back in the Tiger thread, I checked the next day and Method edited out both our posts. Was just you and I sayindumb stuff back and forth, but that's a high visibility thread, he prolly didn't like it.

I never got a PM or nothin though, so I dunno what it means.

Originally Posted by henz0

[table][tr][td]
mem.gif
[/td] [td]14 (16)[/td] [td]Grizzlies[/td] [td]12-15[/td] [td]Division leaders Cleveland, Dallas and now Denver are all Grizz victims, but I have to admit that I still can't stop myself from wondering what we'd be saying if they had drafted Memphis alum Tyreke Evans over Thabeet.[/td] [/tr][/table]

smh.gif
ESPN needs to move them up 2 more spots

even if evans and oj didn't work out, it wouldve gave memphis the leverage to deal oj for something better. Or evans wouldve been the perfect sixth man. Ireally don't think he wouldve mind coming off the bench getting around 28 mins a night at least til memphis figured out what to do with the backcourt

I just thought about something.

you remember how 97 percent of nt was talking about memphis being bottom feeders? Then how I brougt up how the team is just as talented as the playoff teamsback then? And when memphis started the season just as bad as they did in 04 and 05? Then how mike was trying to clown us? And how I said the team was gonnaget better later on as the season played out?

ok ima stop for now. I'm startin to feel like CP talking about the blazers.

laugh.gif
I already said it a couple times BHZ, your predictions get more andmore true each game they play. I don't forget that. Don't mean I agree they will be better then OKC, but they certainly are better then I gave themcredit for in the offseason.

do not jump the gun on these guards coming in scoring and dominating the ball

Thabeet has one specific skill and size that is an extremely rare commodity.

Guards learning curve > a big mans. In particular someone like hash. not saying he'll pan out to be the right choice, but give it time.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I just thought about something.

you remember how 97 percent of nt was talking about memphis being bottom feeders? Then how I brougt up how the team is just as talented as the playoff teams back then? And when memphis started the season just as bad as they did in 04 and 05? Then how mike was trying to clown us? And how I said the team was gonna get better later on as the season played out?

ok ima stop for now. I'm startin to feel like CP talking about the blazers.
Pau Gasol for Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol, Darrell Arthur and another draft pick isn't such a bad trade off after all
laugh.gif

Man, I was sayin the day of the trade Memphis did well for themselves. They got more for Gasol then we did for Shaq, and Shaq was only like 3-4 years olderthen Pau at the time of their trades.

Crittenton, 2 #1's, Marc Gasol, and 10 million in savings from that bum Kwame, that's everything you can ask for. Young player, money, and picks. They flipped Critt right away, developed Marc, let Kwame expire, they did it right.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so yall making the playoffs now?
No chance.

im saying

right now is memphis better then i gave them credit for? yep no question about it

but playoffs? NO
Pau Gasol for Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol, Darrell Arthur and another draft pick isn't such a bad trade off after all
ok now this is dumb

i have seen this a few times on NT

how do some of yall add FA signing and other trades into a deal?

like saying that shaq trade worked out great for the lakers because they traded Bulter for Brown and Brown got them Gasol. well no @+$@ if you slant stuff yourway and throw other stuff in there its going to look good.

because the cap space that memphis got from kwame brown came in the zbo trade basically. People so quick to say memphis got kwame like he was their solutionbut the whole point was to free up money. Specifically, we was looking for a free agent but we got zbo.

and I didn't say they were making the playoffs. My prediction stands at 38 wins with a plus or minus at 2. Next year they will make the playoffs though.And my prediction that they will have a better record than okc still stands. They both should be 13 and 15 by christmas because I don't see okc beating laand phx.

memphis can't make the playoffs with that bench. We would have to improve the bench in order to do that because our starters are getting too many mins thatcan risk injury. If they stay healthy the whole way its possible, but I dnt see all the starters being free of injury for 82 games.

Just cuz I figured Mike would flip out on me saying I said it the day of the trade, I went and looked up that thread, and this is what I said then.......

On the Grizz side, I see where they're coming from. No I don't think Darko and Kwame is a good look, but they got a couple nice things working. It just takes time to see it all.

Pau was unhappy, they knew they had to move him.

They now add Critt who looks pretty good so far, and two first rounders. I know they won't be very good picks, but they will add flexibilty to make other moves. Kwame will be gone soon, they save cap, then you add Rudy Gay, maybe Miller, a top pick in this years draft, sure to be top 3 or 4 with a lot of good prospects out there, and they still have this years number one to see what he can do (Conley)

So peice wise, they have

Conley
Critt
Gay
Miller
Top 4 pick in 08
Extra pick in 08
Most likely a top 5 - 8 pick in 09
Extra pick in 10.

Plus a whole lotta cash to use in about 2 years when they have a solid young nucleus and can add vets to the mix.

Portland went about this the EXACT same way and is now doing ok for themselves. The Grizz got fleeced today, but they will be strong tomorrow if they follow thru with the blueprint that the Blazers have provided. Good luck to them. (The Grizz, F the Blazers)
happy.gif

Page 30.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

do not jump the gun on these guards coming in scoring and dominating the ball

Thabeet has one specific skill and size that is an extremely rare commodity.

Guards learning curve > a big mans. In particular someone like hash. not saying he'll pan out to be the right choice, but give it time.
I think you mean Big Man's Learning Curve > Guard's Learning Curve. Bigs usually take longer to develop.

Back
Top Bottom