Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

There's a reason why Lowry was always considered a backup by Memphis fans and Conley was considered the better of the two. He may have improved drasticallysince leaving Memphis, but I don't see him being the type of PG to give defenses fits at his best like Conley can. I don't know whether Lowry will everget a jumper. If he does, he could definitely be considered as a starter on some team in the NBA.

There are a bunch of average PG's in the league. You have guys like Stuckey winning POTW honors. The thing between alot of these guards is how many shotattempts they score on. I think Conley's accolades have come with better play and the Grizzlies winning. When you look at Conley with regards to some ofthese other point guards he just isn't going to get the type of FGA's to put up big numbers on a night in and night out basis which is why I think alotof people like to say he sucks. Memphis doesn't need him to average 20 and 10 a night. I'm sure if Memphis had no other scoring on the team that hewould look to score more.

Conley so far on the season is averaging 10 pts on only 8.4 FGA's per game

Thats a 1.19 PPS which is higher than Jennings and Stuckey. The difference is Conley doesn't get the 18 FGA's a night like those guys do. Jennings had18 pts last night on 21 shots.

Conley has to be lights out in his shooting to put up good numbers, he just isn't going to get the 15+ FGA's a night other guards get. Statisticallyhis numbers are comparable to those other guys with the exception of FGA's they're at 18 a night while he is at 8 which hurts him in his pointproduction. Thats just what it is on this team.

Before Conley turned it on, he was in the below average group of PG's and now he's in the average group somewhere in the middle nearing the top tier ofthat group.

Originally Posted by henz0

Tyreke Evans is a beast
you just noticed?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

http:// [h3]Fear still motivates Popovich[/h3]
8:46AM ET

[h5]Gregg Popovich | Spurs[/h5]
Top Email

Gregg Popovich will get his 700th win as a head coach if the Spurs beat the Pacers tonight. Only 15 coaches have won 700 games and only two, Red Auerbach (Celtics) and Jerry Sloan (Jazz), did it with one team.

Fear still motivates Popovich. Not the fear of being fired, but fear of failure.

"I don't have fear that my owner is going to fire me tomorrow," Popovich told the San Antonio Express-News. "But I do have a fear of failure, like anybody else. We talk to the players about 'appropriate fear' all the time. It's that nervousness in your belly that makes you want to watch more film or whatever it is."

http://

Lets go pop..

Originally Posted by Physicx

john lucas
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

there is no reason for Russy to shoot 14 times a game.

Tyreke is a grown man.

BJ, my friend. You can be as cautious as you wana be with that FG %, it's still heading south. Better job being a 'true' pg lately, though, alittle bit.

Jason Thompson
pimp.gif

what Derrick Rose is under going now with beneficial if he ever gets in a system that is more open.

Mareese Speights surprised me when he entered the draft, when he went 16th and now when he's turning out to be a solid player.

How in the hell Chicago beat Atlanta?
laugh.gif

Rose with 32 points

*waits for someone to bring the Rose is overrated thread to the front page again.
laugh.gif

Thunder lost 4 of their last 5. I knew it was coming sooner or later. Its a good thing they started off good, so losing in stretches like this wouldn'thurt them that bad. Hopefully they get it, but it doesn't get any easier before the All-Star break.

Portland about to fall out of that playoff spot soon.

I went to the bathroom and missed the last shot.. How'd evans score?
His swag just levitated him over everyone and he just dropped it in the basket.

I went to the bathroom and missed the last shot.. How'd evans score?
Took Andruw Bogut to the basket with a layup on the left side of the basket. Grown @%% move
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Thunder lost 4 of their last 5. I knew it was coming sooner or later. Its a good thing they started off good, so losing in stretches like this wouldn't hurt them that bad. Hopefully they get it, but it doesn't get any easier before the All-Star break.

you take every chance to take shots and OKC, dont you.

in their defense, durants hasnt been playing that well. well the past 3.

Back
Top Bottom