Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

I find that to be completely false, actually. If officials were straight with Dwight, he would foul out in the first half of just about every game.

NBA been terrible for a while now. David Stern has given officials, waaaay too much control over the game. Stern sucks. BRING BACK 90's BASKETBALL

Based on how officiating is called now, most of Dwight's fouls are completely justified. A lot of times he does get penalized for just being bigger and stronger and playing tough, but he makes some dumb decisions out there.

It's not his fault that the game has become softer and the refs call everything, but it is his fault for not adjusting to it and adapting his game.

It sucks that big men can't be physical anymore, but he won't change anything by fouling out every game.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by CP1708

You ain't won the series yet have you?

And if you do win, and we find a way to beat the Thunder, (Good grief
laugh.gif
) and get past Utah somehow, that'll be the end of you, then what will you say? 

It's ok.  I'll be sure to give you props for winning in the first round.  I promise. 

What dose HISTORY say about teams that are up 3-1 in the NBA playoffs CP?
nerd.gif

LA is the number one seed right? I mean HISTORY shows that number 1 seeds beat lower seeds in the playoffs so what can I say?

Dope
pimp.gif
HISTORY shows 44-0 Phil Jackson's series record when his teams win Game 1

You know, Stern has little man syndrome. I mean this dude is fining these cats $35000 for saying the game wasn't called evenly. I mean these cats aren't really going in on the refs, they're just voicing their opinion. It's like he telling everybody, "shut up boy". I can't stand David Stern, I wish the owners would fire him. He rules with an iron fist, and I bet he gets a kick out of it, his ol troll looking *!%

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

who actually think that wade is leaving?.....
i do, that team is trash. should of traded beasley when he had some value.
but where is he gonna go? to CHI? do you think he would really leave the team that he won a championship with, set a lot of franchise records, to a 8/9th seed team and try to lift them to where the heat is at now? why start all over again?

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

You know, Stern has little man syndrome. I mean this dude is fining these cats $35000 for saying the game wasn't called evenly. I mean these cats aren't really going in on the refs, they're just voicing their opinion. It's like he telling everybody, "shut up boy". I can't stand David Stern, I wish the owners would fire him. He rules with an iron fist, and I bet he gets a kick out of it, his ol troll looking %!*

I ref middle school and HS games, and I totally understand where Stern is coming from trying to defend the refs and all.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

who actually think that wade is leaving?.....
i do, that team is trash. should of traded beasley when he had some value.
but where is he gonna go? to CHI? do you think he would really leave the team that he won a championship with, set a lot of franchise records, to a 8/9th seed team and try to lift them to where the heat is at now? why start all over again?
Rose and Noah alone>>>>>>>>>>>>>all the players currently on the heat.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I find that to be completely false, actually. If officials were straight with Dwight, he would foul out in the first half of just about every game.

every night i swear that 2 out of 6 fouls called on him are completely ridiculous. he gets called for some ticky tack #***$ fouls. it's hard to watch

dwade isn't going anywhere.

even if they don't pick up boozer or amare or someone, he cares more about the weather than having good teammates.

MIA weather is nice enough that you put up with impossible co-workers?

Damn, I need to move then...

^when they asked him about playing for new york city the main thing he cited was he doesn't like the weather.... which means he def wouldn't like being in chicago either.

so yup

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

You know, Stern has little man syndrome. I mean this dude is fining these cats $35000 for saying the game wasn't called evenly. I mean these cats aren't really going in on the refs, they're just voicing their opinion. It's like he telling everybody, "shut up boy". I can't stand David Stern, I wish the owners would fire him. He rules with an iron fist, and I bet he gets a kick out of it, his ol troll looking %!*

I ref middle school and HS games, and I totally understand where Stern is coming from trying to defend the refs and all.

I also ref and people who have never reffed don't understand the pressure you're under and moment does play a part in getting and getting calls.

Also, I don't think the players or coaches should comment on Referees, especially with the Tim D situation just 2 years ago.

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

I also ref and people who have never reffed don't understand the pressure you're under and moment does play a part in getting and getting calls.

Also, I don't think the players or coaches should comment on Referees, especially with the Tim D situation just 2 years ago.

Honestly, if its a bad call, we know we done @#+#@+ up
laugh.gif
and clearly we hold grudges and some-what play favorites, but by no means is calling us out on it a good way of trying to get us to help your whiney $#% out
laugh.gif
no need to have us called out. The only thing I think the players have on the league that they could have a legit reason for complaining, is it to call out the integrity of the refs/NBA. But i doubt any player has the balls to straight up say that.

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

if you are bad at your job you should get disciplined. referees aren't immune to punishment or criticism. some refs will be able to handle the pressure better. some refs will be able to make better calls than others. instead of seeking out those refs, stern protects his house refferees

and the Tim D situation makes means we all already know how shady some refs are. so why should we be protecting them?

Originally Posted by DubA169

^when they asked him about playing for new york city the main thing he cited was he doesn't like the weather.... which means he def wouldn't like being in chicago either.

so yup
I guess Wade is happy with that one championship and is just looking to put up good stats for the rest of his career

Back
Top Bottom