Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Word, I was going to ask the same question. Where would he play/fit in that front court? That seems like a match made in hell for him and the team.

So what happened to gasol and thabeet been the future front court?

Plus mikes contract his small. You can use him in and sign and trade to get bosh,Amare or boozer more money. He is still a young talent that more then a few teams will think they can fix, Miami ant going to give him away for crap

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I wonder if they'll special order the "Where Seattle happened." tee with KD and Russ lighting up the Lakers...
nerd.gif

I'd cop.
i wonder if theyll special order the "where choking in the first round to a lower seed happens" tee with baron and duncan lighting up the mavs...
nerd.gif

id cop

im getting that magic/kobe one
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

i wonder if theyll special order the "where choking in the first round to a lower seed happens" tee with baron and duncan lighting up the mavs...
nerd.gif

id cop
Probably would too...
nerd.gif
Unlike most of you dudes I can laugh at myself.
laugh.gif

Plus mikes contract his small. You can use him in and sign and trade to get bosh,Amare or boozer more money. He is still a young talent that more then a few teams will think they can fix, Miami ant going to give him away for crap
Pretty much... Not everybody will have given up on him by now and Miami knows that... If they wanna trade him they can find something of some kind of value... They won't have to give him away.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

nerd.gif

id cop
Probably would too...
nerd.gif
Unlike most of you dudes I can laugh at myself.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Better get something for Beasley before he ends up like this bum +!@ Marvin Williams...

apparently Kevin Johnson let the cat out the bag a day early and announced at some press conference that Evans won ROY.

Bryant keeps crown as NBA's top-selling jersey

By Official Release
Posted Apr 28 2010 10:38AM

NEW YORK -- The Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant once again tops the NBA's list of most popular jerseys, where he has reigned as No. 1 since the start of the 2008-09 season.

The list is based on sales at the NBA Store in New York City and on NBAStore.com since the start of the 2009-10 NBA season through April 2010. Both stores are having record sales years with a combined increase of 20 percent over last year.

Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise 
RankTeam
1.Lakers
2.Celtics
3.Cavs
4.Bulls
5.Knicks
6.Nuggets
7.Magic
8.Heat
9.Spurs
10.Suns

Thirteen players competing in the 2010 Playoffs appear on this year's list. The Cleveland Cavaliers' LeBron James remains No. 2 and the Boston Celtics' Kevin Garnett climbed one spot from last year to No. 3. Chicago Bulls sophomore Derrick Rose continues to make a name for himself, coming in at No. 4, while the Orlando Magic's Dwight Howard rounds out the top 5. The Oklahoma City Thunder's Kevin Durant debuts in the top 10 for the first time, landing at No. 9, while the Denver Nuggets' Carmelo Anthony moves from No. 15 to No. 10.

High demand for Los Angeles Lakers merchandise continues, as the team tops the NBA's list of most popular team merchandise. Lakers merchandise has been the most popular among fans for seven out of the last eight seasons. The Celtics remain in the No. 2 spot, where they've been since the start of the 2008-09 season. The Cleveland Cavaliers, the Chicago Bulls, and the New York Knicks round out the top 5.

Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys 
RankPlayerTeam
1.Kobe BryantLakers
2.LeBron JamesCavs
3.Kevin GarnettCeltics
4.Derrick RoseBulls
5.Dwight HowardMagic
6.Dwyane WadeHeat
7.Chris PaulHornets
8.Paul PierceCeltics
9.Kevin DurantThunder
10.Carmelo AnthonyNuggets
11.Nate RobinsonCeltics
12.David LeeKnicks
13.Brandon RoyTrail Blazers
14.Pau GasolLakers

Originally Posted by DLo13

Who the hell buys a Nate Robinson Celtics jersey?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I went to a game a few weeks ago and didn't see a single Nate jersey. I bet they have his Knicks numbers in there.

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

apparently Kevin Johnson let the cat out the bag a day early and announced at some press conference that Evans won ROY.
I think it was leaked by a writer on Sactown Royalty, but I am not sure where got the info from himself. Possibly from the Johnson press conference you are talking about. But if that press conference was in regards to the new arena proposals held yesterday in Sac, then Johnson might have been late himself. Anyways, double win for the Kings. Tyreke with ROY and Sac moving along with a possible future arena in downtown.   

I don't think people are giving up on him, just want him to get the hell outta Miami and somewhere he can flourish.

What's the point of using Beasley in a sign and trade when you can outright sign Bosh or Boozer anyways?

The key is how cheaply Miami is willing to let him go and with someinteresting forwards available in free agency I wouldn't be surprisedto see him go cheaply if the Heat sign someone.

This is what happens when teams draft players they don't want fromtop(Owner/GM) to bottom(Coaching staff). Beasley biggest problem isnobody in Miami wanted him and they let it be known prior to the draft.They should have just traded him for the #2 this summer and they couldhave taken Rubio, still had a lot of caproom and Rubio would havekilled himself to get to Miami and play with Wade.

Now Miami haskilled Beasley's value even though he has actually been prettyproductive on the court. Imagine OKC keeping Carlesimo and insisting Durant playing SG still. It would not be pretty and Durant probably wouldn't have been at the level he's at right now.

I would rather have Beasley than Gay simply becausethen all of our long term contracts would come under the new CBA. Andyes, Miami can sign Wade, Bosh and still S&T Beasley for Rudy. Pluswe have a replacement for Rudy in Brewer. Can draft a SF or take onJames Jones/Dorrell Wright as previosly stated. Or even sign Wallacefavorite Outlaw. Beasley is a hedge on the talent of Gay and the freeagent demands of ZBo.

Mayo/Gasol/Gay=Mayo/Gasol/Beasleytalentwise but when you factor in contracts, I prefer Beasley. Plus itwould be easier to move ZBo for a perimeter player and move ZBo to PFthen to move him for a comparable PF to stick between Gay and Gasol.

But, I think we can actually get Beasley for cheaper than Rudy. May or may not happen.

Bron elbow injury real? 

I saw Rose knock him down, that elbow never hit anything that I could tell. 

Shoots the free throw right handed, swish, not so much as a flinch. 

Next second, left handed, can't move his right arm at all. 

Huh? 
ohwell.gif

I don't want to start a thread and spark the end of the world, just askin, anyone else see all that as fishy?  Not like it's out of the realm of possibility that dude wants some attention for bein tough and all that.  I know he usually avoids the spotlight as best he can and all. 

With the Laker sig, we'll probably be just labeled as haters, but I noticed that too.

He was perfectly fine on that 1st free throw and was dapping his teammates up afterward and all of a sudden 5 seconds later it flared up and he just had to shoot it left handed. Seems like Skip's "Drama King" fits in this scenario.

And I'm almost 100% positive that if he missed that first FT, this little acting/showboating wouldn't have happened.

i think he just toughed it out and hit the first FT. that made it a 4 point lead which meant game over (basically)

but the more and more i think about it... it does seem fishy. he couldn't gut it out one more FT shot? why didn't he get off the court for the last 10 seconds or so if he was THAT hurt?. i dunno. when i saw it live it looked like his arm was numb

pressure can make a person do strange things though. maybe he has been hurt for a while and just wants it to be known in case things don't go his way.

EDIT

Tony Kornheiser on lebron: "if i'm boston i hit him as hard you could the elbow 10 times in the first quarter"

laugh.gif

http://twitter.com/LeBronsElbow
Please tell the Cavalier nation I am fine. LeBron is sleeping and I am playing Call of Duty. I will be ready for Boston.
To answer alot of the questions...yes, my BFF is Jay-Z's elbow. We have season passes to Busch Gardens together.
MRIResults back. Just what I thought. They found no damage, a autographfrom Jesus, the tears of Joakim Noah and a lightning bolt.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom