Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

So, what happens to Dallas/Atlanta/Denver if they lose in the first round? Particularly Dallas since they are the oldest team of that bunch.

^
laugh.gif

Melo really shouldn't have signed that extension though...could have been paired up with D-Wade next season
eek.gif

JJ is killing his stock with this playoff run though, I feel sorry for whoever offers him a max contract.

And
laugh.gif
@ Dallas being "too good of a franchise".... based on what?

Dallas- Nothing but a potential coaching change.
JJ- Coaching change and JJ moving.
Denver- Get healthy, if anything.

Mamba MVP wrote:
And
laugh.gif
10 straight 50 win seasons.
Making it to the playoffs 10 years in a row.
Getting to the Finals before, and until recently, not getting eliminated in the first round each year.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Mamba MVP wrote:
And
laugh.gif
Getting to the Finals before, and until recently, not getting eliminated in the first round each year.

Oh, I always figured "too good franchises" meant ones that win championships (Lakers, Spurs, Patriots, Yankees, etc)...my mistake. And I'm pretty sure the Spurs have done that and *gasp* won 4 titles in the process. Mavs are perennial chokers.

Dallas- Nothing but a potential coaching change.
JJ- Coaching change and JJ moving.
Denver- Get healthy, if anything.

laugh.gif
@ calling Atlanta JJ.

Why does Dallas like to make so many coaching changes? When will Cuban realize that maybe its the players he puts together?

Its also time for Denver to hang it up. They were healthy enough earlier in that series to take a commanding lead and now they can possibly be out in 6 games. They were suppose to be one of the teams to compete with LA in the playoffs. I'm sure the loss of George Karl hurt their chances, but they aren't a young team either.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Mamba MVP wrote:
And
laugh.gif
Oh, I always figured "too good franchises" meant ones that win championships (Lakers, Spurs, Patriots, Yankees, etc)...my mistake. And I'm pretty sure the Spurs have done that and *gasp* won 4 titles in the process. Mavs are perennial chokers.

Oh so there are only four good franchises in MLB/NBA?

The rest are trash, no-good teams that deserve zero credit?

Sorry, oh great and powerful, almighty Lakers regime.

^
Come on, you know what he meant.  It's not just one or two teams or anything, but what is so special about the Mavs that the Jazz or Blazers can't claim?  50 regular season wins a year, yippee.  Tell me you wouldn't sell your soul for a 30 win season and then 3 years later 60 wins and a title.  Thought so. 

10 straight years of mediocrity is not "too gooda franchise" 

Granted, Mavs shoulda been 06 champs, but hey. 
laugh.gif

(I think this came out nice, not too too harsh I hope)  (new leaf)  (TMac joke notwithstanding) (Kbye) 

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
Come on, you know what he meant.  It's not just one or two teams or anything, but what is so special about the Mavs that the Jazz or Blazers can't claim?  50 regular season wins a year, yippee.  Tell me you wouldn't sell your soul for a 30 win season and then 3 years later 60 wins and a title.  Thought so. 

laugh.gif

(I think this came out nice, not too too harsh I hope)  (new leaf)  (TMac joke notwithstanding) (Kbye) 

laugh.gif
10 straight years of 50+ wins is mediocre? Than why has it only happened 3 other times in NBA history?

Of course I'd rather have a title, every Mavericks fan would, but because the world hates us, we don't have a 2006 NBA Championship banner, and everyone craps on us because we haven't been back to the Finals to win one.

And just for the record, the Mavericks lost in the first round 3/10 times this past decade, the two recents are fine to bash us on, but the 04 playoffs we played the 2 seed Kings, that's not baaaad..
laugh.gif

Apparently DeJuan Blair was in a car accident prior to the game.
nerd.gif

Apparently, he's okay.

Status for the game, I have no clue.

^

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
10 straight years of 50+ wins is mediocre? Than why has it only happened 3 other times in NBA history?

No clue. 

But for fun, could you post those 3 other times in NBA history for me please?  Humor me. 

^

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
No clue. 

But for fun, could you post those 3 other times in NBA history for me please?  Humor me. 
So you can see how many of them won championships?
laugh.gif

Lakers, Celtics, and Spurs.

JapanAir21 wrote:

JapanAir21 wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
^

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

No clue. 

So you can see how many of them won championships?
laugh.gif

Lakers, Celtics, and Spurs.

*whistling*

Spurs/Mavs, Suns/Blazers tonight, good @#$%.  Enjoy the games ya'll. 

I think Denver needs to be reshuffled in some way though.  Maybe not blown up, but that team isn't going any further then it's already gone. 

Nene and KMart adding even more injuries.  Billups adds another year on his body.  Smith is still a ******. 

At some point, they have to make a change.  Fully healthy, and with Karl as well, they are dangerous as hell, both to the league, and also themselves.  They are too damn dumb/reckless out there. 

When they are on, they are extremely hard to beat, maybe nobody in the league can, but how do you keep a team like that "on" for entire months April thru June?  I don't see it being possible. 

Yea I agree. Why are we acting like the series is over anyway? Still two games left to play. It kills me when people just assume a series is over over when one team gets to 3 wins....I'm talking to you Spurs fans.

I wouldn't blow up the team quite yet, but I would do some renovations on the roster.

The team has a short window so they better get to work.

Back
Top Bottom