Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

They need to hang it up with the current built of their team. I'm not saying they need to get rid of Billups, Melo or Nene, but they need attempt to get another PF to go along with them. Kenyon Martin just not cutting it anymore. They only really have a few more years to actually contend for a title with Billups getting older and Nene becoming more injury prone.

If they keep this exact team together, it will only result in an "L" for the team because they still won't be good enough to win a championship. Their main goal this off-season should be to acquire a starting PF.

Edit:

Well, looks like everybody basically felt the same way.
laugh.gif

Denver needs to address their issues of size and depth again this summer. The owner doesn't want to go over the luxury tax, but with Melo hitting free agency next summer and the team getting older overall he may be forced to.

They do have some assets in Kenyon Martin and J.R. Smith. Both are decent-good and have only a year left on their contracts.

Houston, meanwhile, is indeed interested in Miller as a secondarytarget after the Rockets make their own hard sign-and-trade push for amarquee free agent. But one source said this week that theRockets-Miller link has been overstated at such an early juncture, withthe start of free agency still two months away.

The Rockets’ No. 1 free-agent target? Sources say it’s still Bosh, whoearlier this season said the idea of playing in his hometown of Dallasholds limited appeal … but hasn’t said anything to suggest that hewouldn’t play somewhere else in his home state.

If the Raptors and Bosh reach the expected conclusion that it’s timefor an amicable divorce, Houston has amassed an enticing cache ofsign-and-trade assets. One source, offering one small example, saysthat the Raptors are intrigued by young forward Jordan Hill, whom theRockets extracted from the Knicks in the Tracy McGrady three-way dealin February.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/po...ice-but-bosh-still-foremost-in-rockets-sights

IN for NYK fans getting mad salty this offseason.
pimp.gif

JPZx wrote:
Yea I agree. Why are we acting like the series is over anyway? Still two games left to play. It kills me when people just assume a series is over over when one team gets to 3 wins....I'm talking to you Spurs fans.

Which Spurs fan said it was over?

JA- my bad man getting a little bit to hype for tonight's game...can you blame me tho?
grin.gif

Spurs' DeJuan Blair in one-car accident http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/04/spurs-dejuan-blair-in-one-car-accident.html
Brad Townsend/Reporter

From our San Antonio correspondent Gaylon Krizak:

Spurs rookie post DeJuan Blair was involved in a one-car accident en route to the AT&T Center for tonight's game against the Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio TV station KSAT reported on its Web site.

According to the report, Blair was driving a Chevrolet Camaro at Boerne Stage Road and Interstate 10 when something blew into his window and distracted him. He lost control of the vehicle, and the subsequent impact was significant enough for the airbags to deploy, police said.

Blair was uninjured. He was picked up by Chip Engelland, the Spurs' shooting coach, and brought to the AT&T Center to be checked out before the game.

wow

I typed up something longer then that so %@%

anways

Why blow up a team when your best player is about to be a free
agent? Roll with what you got with and figure it out next offseason

And why would melo regret signing the longer deal? At the time he had to with his shakey on and off court history.

And knock it off with that bosh to Houston pipe dream in a sign and trade. Plus add in Jordan hill sucks

If they screw around another season, what stops Melo from bolting? 

They have to stay in the running as long as they can, make him happy, just as the Cavs have to with Bron. 

If they just flush another season next year with knuckleheads, and Melo walks, then what do they do? 

Don't get me wrong, I hope they do stay in tact, cuz then I don't have to worry about them, but if they're smart, they move some of those guys and try to get better/smarter more reliable out on the court. 

That's how I look at it. 

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

And knock it off with that bosh to Houston pipe dream in a sign and trade. Plus add in Jordan hill sucks

Why, though? Sign and trades are going to mean an extra 20 mil or so for the player in question and Houston has 1 lottery pick and those Knicks picks.

I could see Bosh going to Toronto with a list of a few teams that he would consider going to because of that 6th year. It's in the best interest of Chris and the Raptors. Same can be said for a bunch of the other UFAs.

CP1708 wrote:

laugh.gif
  Where did you want me to be?  I been in here every single day other then weekends, what'daya want? 

Congrats on your regular season win.  I know it was big for you.  

As much as we all love the matchups and it's fun to argue them and all that, the 4 teams with homecourt have HC for a reason.  They'll win, with the possible exception of the 4-5 matchup. 
OKC, SA, Port are all going home first round, i don't give a @#$% who they play.  If I'm wrong on that, I'll be in this very thread, you can come laugh at me then. 
wink.gif

2v1b7h3.jpg

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Why, though? Sign and trades are going to mean an extra 20 mil or so for the player in question and Houston has 1 lottery pick and those Knicks picks.

I could see Bosh going to Toronto with a list of a few teams that he would consider going to because of that 6th year. It's in the best interest of Chris and the Raptors. Same can be said for a bunch of the other UFAs.
many more teams have better stuff to offer toronto. i really don't see hill being any kind of factor. and the rockets only own one pick. they swap the other with the knicks.

i think people overestimate the power toronto has. say bosh has his heart set on chicago. he goes up to the gm and says listen i'm out. this is the team i'm going to. end of story. if you wana get some assets back go ahead. if not, so be it. this is the only team i'm going to.

i think the GM would be forced to deal with chicago then. it's high stakes chicken but the raptors have so much more to lose. it makes no sense not to cooperate with any team Bosh has his heart set on.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  congrats on your first round win Doo. 

You'll have that to fall back on all summer.  Cuz if you manage to get by the Suns........

JRich playin well out there. 

Stat with 3 rebounds. 
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Toronto seems to be very high on him for some reason.  Plus, all those first rounders they have.  I could see Bosh doing it.

CP, when I saw Amare grab that second rebound of the game on that put back dunk with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter I was cracking up.  How are you that big and athletic and can barely average 2 rebounds a quarter?  It never fails to amaze me.  And these Bulls fans in that other thread are talking like Amare is some has some huge advantage over Bosh.

Mike, since you're one of the sensible ones, who would you rather have Amare or Bosh?

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  congrats on your first round win Doo. 

You'll have that to fall back on all summer.  Cuz if you manage to get by the Suns........
Thanks!
happy.gif

The Mavs become the only team to lose to an 8th seed AND a 7th seed in a best-of-seven first round series.
How is that for HISTORY CP
laugh.gif
 SPURS>>>>MAVS
pimp.gif

I would think, if Amare were on the Bulls and had Noah to get his back, you'd be ok.  Noah can board enough for the team. 

But lookin at the Suns, who can get boards for Amare while he dries his nails?  Grant Hill and J Rich? 
sick.gif
sick.gif

Now they face the Spurs, Duncan, and Dyess, and Blair bout to get huge rebound numbers.  And if they can meet up with LA in the WCF (provided we get there of course)  Bynum, Gasol, and Odom vs Channing Frye, Amundson, Hill and Rich for rebounds? 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

If anyone ever wonders why I would be hard on Stat, now you see.  Even the 8-9 he gets in his "big" games, like 4 of em land right in his hands underneath the bucket with no one else around, it's not like he's some ferocious animal ripping boards left and right, even though he has the talent to do so. 

So for the Bulls, I think Amare would be ok, Rose in a Nash role, but with Noah to protect Amare's weakness.  I think he could do well in that. 

wheres all those mavs fans saying they were a threat to the Lakers when they had their little 13 game winning streak?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
 all jokes aside the mavs along with denver had the deepest team to dethrone us but the spurs and maybe utah had other plans

props to the spurs...unlike some of my Laker faithful i never doubted you guys one bit...ive always said the spurs are still a threat to us as long as timmy is there

Eh, I still think Bosh would be an even better fit for them. Better rebounder and perimeter game. Either or would be a great pick up for them, I guess my main beef with them in that thread was that none of them were seeing the downfall of having Wade and Rose on the same team and not having anyone inside behind Noah. It got to a point where I was repeating the same thing over and over again so I just had to exit out.

And congrats Doo Doo, no one believed in you
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Just don't be one of those Spurs fans that happen to disappear for a while after they lose...

Originally Posted by Proshares

Toronto seems to be very high on him for some reason.  Plus, all those first rounders they have.  I could see Bosh doing it.

CP, when I saw Amare grab that second rebound of the game on that put back dunk with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter I was cracking up.  How are you that big and athletic and can barely average 2 rebounds a quarter?  It never fails to amaze me.  And these Bulls fans in that other thread are talking like Amare is some has some huge advantage over Bosh.

Mike, since you're one of the sensible ones, who would you rather have Amare or Bosh?
That's an exaggeration. 

Imma throw a party at Magic City tonight after Woodson's last game. Ya'll are all invited. Charles Oakley will probably be there acting real ignorant...
pimp.gif

^
Belle will prolly make some calls....get some tickets.....maybe drop by if he has time.....

What's word on Robin Lopez's comeback???  They can beat the spurs imo if Lopez is in there but they don't have anyone to stop the Spurs big if not cause we all know Amare's !$+ ain't doing %*@@

Back
Top Bottom