Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

He'd get to play with Turner/Wall, K.Love, possibly Al Jefferson, Flynn, Brewer, Ellington, Rubio (he'd have to wait a year to play with Rubio) and whichever two players we get with the 16th and 23rd picks (not guaranteed we keep both of those though). Minneapolis is a Top 15 media market I believe as well, so it's not like he'd be stepping into Nowhere USA.

It's not a terrible situation when you look at it. There will be more attractive options for him obviously though.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
 at the "low" being 54 TWICE. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

One of those teams isn't like the others.
Yeah, the team with 9 titles in that span.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

God damn the bucks only have 2 playoff serise wins in the last 20 years

And okc has doubled Memphis total playoff wins in one year
I shouldn't even bother but:

0 X 2 = 0

roll.gif

It was so necessary, tho...
laugh.gif

If the wolves think rubio is coming soon why waste money on jj?
Hm?

Rubio would play the 1 and Johnson would play the 2. In that situation Flynn would come off the bench as a sixth man sparkplug type of player.

Like NaS said, there's no chance he goes to Minnesota anyway. But there's logic in it. People are putting too much weight into what Joe Johnson has recently done. There are not many SGs that can post a statline of 20/5/5 night in and night out in this league.

However, now that I think about it more, I'm starting to shy away from JJ because of his age. When JJ wentfrom Phoenix to Atlanta... that is the type of deal the Timberwolves need to make. The Timberwolvesare 1 contract too late on Johnson.

I'm a believer in giving player's coming into the league 2-3 years to develop......but did you see Flynn this year?...

And I'd rather have Rubio/Turner than Flynn/Rubio. While I think Flynn/Rubio could work on the offensive end, you'd have major issues when you D up.

Minnesota is better off using their cap space in a trade than a signing.

In the end though, how well (or terrible) they do in the Draft will determine their future.

i think with joe johnson winning and relevance is more important to him than a max contract. more than any other free agent

Not that it really matters, but I don't see how it's not more important to Lebron, Bosh, or Dirk (if he opts out).

Lets face it, Rubio aint going to Minny. he may not go to NY either (although i want him), but hes def. not playing for Minny JPZ. sorry.

Ricky Rubio:

"The Minnesota Timberwolves continue to be myfirst option and I wish to play with them in the near future."

yeah your GM has been going back and fourth because there is some problem with his contract for his current team. nobody goes back and fourth so much for a trade prospect.

ricky will be a wolf

and you said lebron, bosh, johnson, dirk

i feel like johnson is the least relevant and least known by a wide margin. so winning and relevance may be more important than money. but yeah it's me speculating. just a gut feeling. the average person has no idea who joe johnson is.

Props to OKC on a great season, hopefully they can build on it next season.

I'm really interested in seeing what changes the Mavs and Nuggets will make.

"2010 NBA Playoffs Human Power Rankings."

200. Jermaine O'Neal
We have a new basement for playoff contract runs: In 117 brutal minutes over five games, O'Neal missed 35 of 44 shots, missed four of seven free throws, grabbed just 28 rebounds and nearly finished with a negative PER (2.
glasses.gif
... and that doesn't begin to describe how poorly he played. He was like the Bizarro 2004 Jerome James. When your fans are clamoring for Joel Anthony, you know something horrible is happening. On the bright side, you know Mark Cuban has a five-year, $33 million offer waiting for him.

105. Michael Beasley
Hate to throw the "bust" word around after two years, so let's flip this around. You're watching the playoffs right now. Pretty competitive, right? Other than scoring, you need to rebound, defend and play hard to advance. Beasley can't do any of those three things. Play an undersized power forward against him (like Glen Davis in Game 2) and he gets eaten up. Stick a small forward on him (like Paul Pierce) and he can't post that guy up. Stick a traditional power forward on him (like Kevin Garnett) and he can't beat that guy off the dribble or prevent the guy from scoring on the low post. So what's left? I don't see any conceivable scenario in which this guy has a meaningful NBA career. Could he put up stats on a bad team? Of course. Anything else, I'm not seeing it. All of Pat Riley's fidgeting during the 2008 draft now makes perfect sense.

If Dwyane Wade ends up leaving this summer, it's because of two reasons:

A. The teams that ended up with O.J. Mayo (3) Russell Westbrook (4), Kevin Love (5), Danilo Gallinari (6), Eric Gordon (7), Brook Lopez (10), Jerryd Bayless (11), Robin Lopez (15), Serge Ibaka (24), Nic Batum (25) and George Hill (26) wouldn't trade those guys for Beasley right now. That's a borderline catastrophe. They got the 13th-best guy in the draft at No. 2.

B. Riley didn't sell his Beasley stock in time. The window was February, when a panicking Suns team happily would have green-lighted Beasley (making $19.4 million from 2011-2013), Udonis Haslem's expiring deal and a protected 2010 No. 1 for Amar'e Stoudemire. If you're Miami, why not? Amar'e gets a taste of Miami for a few months; you get the chance to offer him a sixth year and more money; worst-case scenario, you have his sign-and-trade rights this summer; you can make a 2010 playoffs run with the Wade-Amar'e combo; and you potentially have a 2010-11 nucleus of Wade, Amar'e and Free Agent Star X.

If you're Wade, would you stick around and put your basketball prime in the hands of someone who just botched those two decisions? Or would you flip teams and opt for a safer situation? More on this later.

80. Portland's brain trust
I tweeted it at the time and I'll write it again: Allowing Brandon Roy to play that soon in the Phoenix series is the kind of short-term, short-sighted decision you make when your front office is in complete disarray. It was Roy's job to claim he could play, and it was Portland's job to say, "We can't take the risk, especially with our injury history over the past 35 years and the way our medical staff has blown some of its decisions these past couple of years. Athletes get hurt when they're slightly out of shape and don't quite trust their bodies yet. We don't care that you've been cleared; we're not winning the title this year, anyway. Practice with us for a few days and, if it goes well, we'll bring you back for Game 6." Any franchise that has its basketball people and owners on the same page plays it that way.

[h1]Haslem Won't Give Hometown Discount

Udonis Haslem would like to remain with the Heat, but isn't going to give the team a hometown discount as he enters free agency.

"I would love to stay in Miami, but the bottom line is there's a business part of this and sometimes you really can't let emotions get involved and you've got to think about what's best for you and your family," he said.

Haslem is a Florida native and was asked by reporters about a possible hometown discount.

"I gave one of those before. No, I'm just kidding. It's going to be a big decision. I really hate talking about it, because there's so much that weighs into it."

[/h1]

^the heat doesnt seem commited to Haslem, and they're really going to regret letting him leave (if he does).

hes worth every single penny he makes.

^ So why did you say 2x that "I should face it" that Rubio will never play in in a Timberwolves uniform again?

And you conveniently skipped over two posts after the one with no weight to it that you made:
Ricky Rubio:

"The Minnesota Timberwolves continue to be myfirst option and I wish to play with them in the near future."
yeah your GM has been going back and fourth because there is some problem with his contract for his current team. nobody goes back and fourth so much for a trade prospect.

ricky will be a wolf

Originally Posted by JPZx

Ricky Rubio:

Bill Clinton:

" I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

And yes, playing for the Timberwolves is just as embarrassing as getting caught cheating on your wife with an intern.

Do you expect to flat out say he doesnt want to play for Minny?

Its called professionalism.

On the real though, Rubio, Turner and Love would be a nice trio right there....The passing ability on the court
eek.gif

And yes, playing for the Timberwolves is just as embarrassing as getting caught cheating on your wife with an intern
I don't get what more evidence you guys need though. Most of you said, "Look...he has never said he wants to play for the Timberwolves" and then a quote comes out that he does, and all of a sudden words mean nothing?

Like DubA said, no GM would work that hard to get a player to come over while viewing him as a trading prospect.

And you are a fan of a team that resides in Cleveland. If we're going to start bringing up anything embarrassing.... that takes the cake.
Do you expect to flat out say he doesnt want to play for Minny?

Its called professionalism.
Oh so now that you get an actual quote (you said last summer that he's never had a quote saying he'd play in MN), now we're going to say that the only reason he said he wants to play here is because he's worried about "professionalism"?

What real evidence do you have that he doesn't want to play for the Minnesota though? At least I have a quote...I'll wait for your evidence:

Just a hunch then? That's what I thought.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

^the heat doesnt seem commited to Haslem, and they're really going to regret letting him leave (if he does).

hes worth every single penny he makes.
i like the way haslem plays.... dude brought a lot of energy off the bench, and HE PUTS IN WORK..... i dont wanna see him go... him and wade are the only heat players left from the championship in 2006

Heat center Jermaine O'Neal was largely absent in Miami's first round series against Boston.

Regardless, the soon-to-be-free-agent hopes to land with a contender this offseason.

"Free agency is going to be what it is. I want to play three, four more years, but I want to play and have the opportunity to win a championship. I want to be on a team that can win and win now," O'Neal said.

"I've been in all-star games, All-NBA, Nike commercials, and everything I accomplished is individual stuff. But, right now, to feel validated, I want to play with a championship-caliber team for the next three or four years."

straight bum in the playoffs....

Back
Top Bottom